SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a min no. of push up sit up to do for the new standards like within a min must do at least in order to pass that stn? like if u 10/25 pts you fail and fail overall? or other stn can do better, pick u up and help to compensate to pass overall?

need min 1 point per station.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone managed to dl the pdf at here

MINDEF - News - New IPPT motivates SAF servicemen to do well and keep fit (27 Feb 15)

for the new scoring tables for 3 stns? apparently its diff from last yrs tables during the press release last yr.

the above is the most recent one.

didn't managed to dl before it was taken down or the mindef site now is inaccessible ... some forbidden errors.

i think they added 5 points more that is required for silver and gold because in the pilot study, results showed that the old scores were too easily obtained.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I fail IPPT for this window. Is it next window can only book RT cannot book IPPT liao :( :( ???

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I fail IPPT for this window. Is it next window can only book RT cannot book IPPT liao :( :( ???

Yes this is true.

You can no longer book IPPT, only RT.

2mm71c2.jpg

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
is tis directive still in effect since the last time i went for ipt towards the end of last yr it excused me from RT once i completed my 10 sessions ipt.??

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
i think they added 5 points more that is required for silver and gold because in the pilot study, results showed that the old scores were too easily obtained.

the pass mark also incr by 1 for just pass req.

is there a min. score req for each stn now?

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
IPPT first 3 attempts you are paid for your participation like going for RT.

wow for real? didn't knw that... like that i hope it still applies after tis apr. i can try 3 times before i decide to pass and get paid $30+ in total?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zun bo? like that everyone can keng rite?

keng what?

let's say 51 points is needed to pass ippt,

and you get 50 points for 2.4km, 1 point for push up, and 0 points for sit up, you still fail cos you failed to get min 1 point per station.

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
yes la...excuse RT as long as you finish your ipt...Only for old window.

old window? what do u mean? u mean after apr when new ippt kicks in and i sign up for ipt and complete 10 session and still dun pass ippt i've to do another 10 session rt the following window?

where's the directive or press release for that? i dun see it anywhere not even in ns portal. frm my understanding now, since the last time i completed my ipt 10 session late last yr i dun need to do rt this window or this yr.

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
keng what?

let's say 51 points is needed to pass ippt,

and you get 50 points for 2.4km, 1 point for push up, and 0 points for sit up, you still fail cos you failed to get min 1 point per station.

my pt is if u say min 1 pt for each stn, one can just focus on one stn and neglect training for the other 2 since one only needs 1 pt frm other 2 stns and excel exceedingly in the remaining 1 stn. tats what i mean by keng 2 stns since u dun even need min. effort.

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my pt is if u say min 1 pt for each stn, one can just focus on one stn and neglect training for the other 2 since one only needs 1 pt frm other 2 stns and excel exceedingly in the remaining 1 stn. tats what i mean by keng 2 stns since u dun even need min. effort.

that is the very intention for the new system i guess.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

in that sense, yes you can keng but max point for 2.4km is 50 points whereas the max points for push-up and sit-up are only 25 points each.

to get 50 points for 2.4km, you will need to hit the old ippt gold timing.

to get max points for sit-up and push-up, you will need to do something like 55++ repetitions in 1 min.

and 1 repetition does not give you 1 point, you need like 10++ repetitions just for 1 point so you will still need to put in a little effort.
focusing on 1 station only will only work if you are focusing on 2.4km.

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
in that sense, yes you can keng but max point for 2.4km is 50 points whereas the max points for push-up and sit-up are only 25 points each.

to get 50 points for 2.4km, you will need to hit the old ippt gold timing.

to get max points for sit-up and push-up, you will need to do something like 55++ repetitions in 1 min.

and 1 repetition does not give you 1 point, you need like 10++ repetitions just for 1 point so you will still need to put in a little effort.
focusing on 1 station only will only work if you are focusing on 2.4km.

Good point for all lazy bums out there lol.

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rather than booking IPTs for every sessions,
why not we book it as following under the new system:

Year 1
2 IPPT attempts
8 IPT sessions (where 1st session is IPT-IPPT)
Year 2
10 RT sessions (20-2-8=10)

Get paid for 13 sessions over the 2 years rather than 4 sessions over the 2 years? I hope I didn't miss out any new policies introduced.

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
Rather than booking IPTs for every sessions,
why not we book it as following under the new system:

Year 1
2 IPPT attempts
8 IPT sessions (where 1st session is IPT-IPPT)
Year 2
10 RT sessions (20-2-8=10)

Get paid for 13 sessions over the 2 years rather than 4 sessions over the 2 years? I hope I didn't miss out any new policies introduced.

You are planning as if you know you will never ever pass IPPT ?

If so, then maybe this is a good idea to maximize the paid sessions. But do people really care about that little bit of money ? Honestly your opportunity cost is surely worth more than whatever they pay you.

Especially for those doing sales, an hour outside can easily earn 10 fold of what they pay you...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.