NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopdroproll

Reaction score
I applied to NTU English (GPA 10th percentile: 3.34) with a GPA of 3.09 through NAA. Under achievements, I listed winning a martial arts competition, an international creative competition (advertising category), and also indicated that I am an active volunteer at my constituency's weekly meet-the-people session. Additionally, a lecturer and my MP (who I'm volunteering with) wrote my appraisals.

Can anyone comment on my odds of securing an interview at the very least?

Last edited:

ehsevol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah... miss the days when I was busy reading HWZ for admission and interview tips too.

2 cents worth... if anyone is interested in IT but not too technically inclined, SMU ISM is the way to go. Sure, awesome programmers are still likely to score way better but the job prospects upon graduation are really quite good.

darthllord

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE !!!

NUS portal has changed from application processing to application processed. Does that mean my application outcome will be out very soon ?

lamerena

Reaction score
NUS portal has changed from application processing to application processed. Does that mean my application outcome will be out very soon ?

Should be, haha mine still processing my gpa higher but olevel cui and no Amath

darthllord

Reaction score
Thanks but dunno whether the application years make a different. I finished ns le haha so will start this year but still no news from ntu/nus

No la that won't affect. Maybe the lack of A maths that's all. I'm sure still can one la.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
I applied to NTU English (GPA 10th percentile: 3.34) with a GPA of 3.09 through NAA. Under achievements, I listed winning a martial arts competition, an international creative competition (advertising category), and also indicated that I am an active volunteer at my constituency's weekly meet-the-people session. Additionally, a lecturer and my MP (who I'm volunteering with) wrote my appraisals.

Can anyone comment on my odds of securing an interview at the very least?

Your GPA is pretty far. But I think you might have a small chance. NTU english seems to be the easiest HSS course to get into at the moment. But due to the small sizes of HSS cohorts, the IGP fluctuation can be pretty high. All it takes is just 10 more students with good grades to apply for English for the IGP to shoot up. So it really is up to luck.

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Hi seniors, may I know what are the things that I have to do after I accept the offer? I am thinking if I should accept the offer early and get all the things done.

anglewing

Reaction score
Hi seniors, may I know what are the things that I have to do after I accept the offer? I am thinking if I should accept the offer early and get all the things done.

I'm probably not a senior, but I would say at least wait till you have the acceptance and scholarship offers/rejections from every uni you applied to, so that you can make a better informed choice.

Dr.Reid

Reaction score
Got my offer from NUS FASS today. However, they offered me acad year 2017-2018 when I ORD/disrupt next year.

My offer from SMU last year was for 2016-2017.

Did NUS made a mistake, or I can actually still disrupt and go for NUS in 2016? :s11:

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Got my offer from NUS FASS today. However, they offered me acad year 2017-2018 when I ORD/disrupt next year.

Did NUS made a mistake, or I can actually still disrupt and go for NUS in 2016? :s11:

Congrats! You should contact them to change the offer to 16-17 if you want to enrol next year.

darthllord

Reaction score

That's great ! By any chance did your application go to processed as well before the outcome ? :s22:

Piggypork

Reaction score
Poly peeps who had attended ntu interview: Ntu has started giving out offers. Based on past and current exp, you can look forward to receiving your offer approx ~1 working week after your interview.Hope it eases the tension arnd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.