Master Member
Reaction score
it's big and it owns my wrist, LOL
16847987771_ac0235a67a_b.jpg

Last edited:

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My elder boy loves the water theme park! My younger boy loves to build his car for the down slope race.

The trees didn't seem to grow much over these 2.5 years!!! Still as hot and not much shade!!!

yeah the sprawling water theme park was good fun. loved floating round the tube, did 6 rounds i think :)

roller coasters were fun too, especially in the early morning, no queue did 3x consecutive rides.

family shot:
29GaRpkBldTeMAHG_P1ZUNnamF0vIgniHUMXoyAvcyqQ=s942-no

toughnut

Reaction score
Thanks. I didnt know the 3135 workhorse doesnt use ball bearings on the rotor. Can appreciate better JLC's use of ceramic ball bearings.

For 3135, I would dare to say inclusion of any type of bearings on the winding axle will make it a truly manufacture workhorse.

definitely time for a check up but seems like an odd piece - rolexes have been known to go for 10 + as a daily beater without service and come out fine.

Oil is the key here. Once lubrication run out, friction increased. Generally, the movement will stop ticking due to increased resistance but in case of Rolex, it keep on ticking which indirectly go into self-destruct mode. Components will wear itself out and the owner still proud to said their Rollies go without service for 10 years :s22:

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noooo....!!! Tropical dial speedies are awesome.

The Apollo 13 patch edition is a nice in-betweener. Nice symbolism, nice logo, tritum indices (that have generally faded by now). A couple came up for sale a few weeks back.

Now hunting for a pre-moon speedy. Prices have gone up quite a bit.

Naturally Tropicalized speedy dials were good fun until omega launched the brown dial speedies, took a bit of excitement out of "chase" for me.

Patches are really good fun, you get the speedy with a twist. Ditto about the 13th, but i tend to favour those that don't come up on the buy and sell often, and those with less "original replacement dials" available. There's probably a patch to suit every individual too:
Missions Series - Speedy Watches

But my firm favourite remains this Jap Limited Edition speedy fashioned after the red Speedy Mk II :

ZzPKHOYNIalgkCVkoiI6bB2bQjmEvSC9gP83MjQAUNLP=w769-h1207-no

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For 3135, I would dare to say inclusion of any type of bearings on the winding axle will make it a truly manufacture workhorse.

Oil is the key here. Once lubrication run out, friction increased. Generally, the movement will stop ticking due to increased resistance but in case of Rolex, it keep on ticking which indirectly go into self-destruct mode. Components will wear itself out and the owner still proud to said their Rollies go without service for 10 years :s22:

technically true but advances in modern synthetic oils means they don't dry out completely, and there are many real life examples of rollies that only need a regular servicing after 10+ years.

still looks like a one off "lemon" (alignment/material fault), extremely rare but definitely not impossible, even for rolex.

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite a good read. I must say I'm really wondering how much difference the purported improvements in the IW 5007's new 52010 caliber make. Think it'll be a while before there are more reviews though, given how new the IW 5007 is.

yeah, reminds me of the improved version releasese of the omega coaxial 2500...it was through the internet forums that the issues were raised and watch manufacturers were forced to respond.

a562140

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
45mm diameter (too big for skinny guy) and it's a pilot watch

yes its huge, but it packs a lot of features.

and yes its a pilot, got carried away and should have stopped at "multi function mech" :o

....anyway this really where i really hope to see mechanical watches break new ground. alarm, world timer, big date, chrono in a 41mm case would be very interesting as an ultimate sports/pro watch.

soilwork

Reaction score
Long time no post. Cant recall last i saw a rollie photo so here is one for the baseworld 2015!

5upCg4T.jpg

shidenx

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when the rolex seizes after that long of a self-destruct mode, its quite common for the repairs to be astronomical... since the damage can extend to many components and complications.

Danboard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that breitling navitimer isn't very popular here. Any reasons why for the no love?
I've been pondering between getting the navitimer or omega speedmaster...
Thoughts...?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.