Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked before as i had opened this securities trading account long time back but id not use it before.

if i buy a singapore stock and the company declared some dividends, will the money be credit directly into my securities trading account or the SGD securities ?settlement account

thanks.

Securities settlement account in respective currency.

tbs

Reaction score
I want to trade in Euros and USD, can I physically deposit these forex into my trading account?

qwerty84

Reaction score
If you are a priority banking client, u can request to open up a 'USD High' account. There will not be charges for usd cash deposit

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm this?
I want to DCA VWRD and looked at the charges.
It says 1% stamp duty for IE ISIN shares.
oFYRAMm.png

But this blog post in May 2014 states otherwise.
Standard Chartered Online Trading DID Removed 0.5% UK Stamp Duty From Certain Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)

Did SCB start charging stamp duty again ?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Applied through ibanking for trading account 2 weeks ago. Last week they kept calling me while I was overseas but I missed the call. When I finally picked up they told me I need to go to the branch to do "due diligence".

Wtf does that mean and why the hell they insist on calling and cannot SMS or email for such simple thing?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't get so work up. They are cheap for a reason. Get use to it. You save $ because they cut out the service.

Not sure about due diligence but last time when I did my application, they didn't complete the paperwork, so I need to made an extra trip.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Applied through ibanking for trading account 2 weeks ago. Last week they kept calling me while I was overseas but I missed the call. When I finally picked up they told me I need to go to the branch to do "due diligence".

Wtf does that mean and why the hell they insist on calling and cannot SMS or email for such simple thing?

I think it's the risk assessment thingy ba.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I thought got business degree they consider as qualified le?

I think so, but it's always up to the bank to decide. You can try to talk your way through because it's highly related to finance.

gfzh1234

Reaction score
Anyone has a manual how to use the system . I buy a few stocks and show filled.but the money is still in my settlement account. The trading account is still zero balance, why?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone has a manual how to use the system . I buy a few stocks and show filled.but the money is still in my settlement account. The trading account is still zero balance, why?

Because it's not automatically updated in the SSA. It usually update a few days, think 3, later. But, the money is already deducted, meaning if you have 2k, and u use 1 k to buy, it will show 2k but actually inside only left 1k for u to use.

Don't worry, there is no additional $$ or $$ disappearing. Wait 2-3days and you will see the statement liao.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Settlement is t+3 for sgx shares, and that is why your money is "set aside" until t+3

StealthNinja

Reaction score
is it like possible to cash out my US trading account money as usd if i go to the bank anyone try before or they will force me to convert to agd if i cash out?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it like possible to cash out my US trading account money as usd if i go to the bank anyone try before or they will force me to convert to agd if i cash out?

EDIT: Whoops, read your question wrongly. No, you gotta convert it to SGD. Even if you want to go through the trouble of opening a USD FCY account, the fees and charges will kill ya.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.