Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

xJessie

Reaction score
sJ8WWY6.png

Source

Volumetric weight of the box = ((12*2.54cm)(9*2.54cm)(6*2.54cm))/5000 = 2.124 kg.

Thanks for the calculation!
I need to make them pay me back 2.1kg worth!

and their reply today is, they refuse to compensate but "out of good will" offer me 15% off my next shipment - here's the ironic thing. my credit card offers me 20% off each shipment. why would i want their 15%?!? vpost is ridiculous.

Rocket3

Reaction score
Does comgateway charge according to volumetric weight or just the dead weight?

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does comgateway charge according to volumetric weight or just the dead weight?

no delivery service will charge by dead weight. If they do, the price will be much more expensive.

For example borderlinx
All you need to know about this new Economy service to Singapore:
The shipping cost is US$14.50 for the first lb and then +US$3,50 / lb up to 22lbs. It's all based on dead weight.
This shipping service is available only in the USA and for single parcels up to 22lbs.
The delivery time is 10 to 12 business days and is trackable.

If you guys really want a safer choice, choose comgateway and do a live quote. This way they will give you a live Gage of the price of the weight, and you can pay insurance to assure that they guarantee the price.

benlauhh

Reaction score
Hi,

Never use 65daigou before and need some advise here. If I am buying one item only is it better to go with vpost or 65daigou?

If my product from amazon is cost USD 185 and shipping weight between 300 to 400 grams. May I know is the shipping fee at 4.50 only? (every 500g = 4.50)

For the forwarding address, should I use my name or the name that 65daigou provided like Merlion XXXX?

Thanks in advance!

I have just used 65daigou to ship some products amounting to approx 5kg from US.
Was deciding between using 65dg or Borderlinx Economy but i couldnt get any estimate pricing from Borderlinx Economy service. I figured it is better for me to know how much i am expected to pay which was transparent in 65dg. You can expect the charges to be about 1.1x of your deadweight charges which cost me about $46+ (since there was a 10% discount promo!). I self collected from their warehouse since it was near for me. Still cheapest option for shipping IMHO.

Yes, you need to use the address given by 65DG which is Merlion XXXX etc.

xJessie

Reaction score
I have just used 65daigou to ship some products amounting to approx 5kg from US.
Was deciding between using 65dg or Borderlinx Economy but i couldnt get any estimate pricing from Borderlinx Economy service. I figured it is better for me to know how much i am expected to pay which was transparent in 65dg. You can expect the charges to be about 1.1x of your deadweight charges which cost me about $46+ (since there was a 10% discount promo!). I self collected from their warehouse since it was near for me. Still cheapest option for shipping IMHO.

Yes, you need to use the address given by 65DG which is Merlion XXXX etc.

Just a heads up, i contacted Borderlinx few days ago and they told me they removed the economy shipping already. I asked them why was there no notification or informing, they said will send a mass email but nothing, but can see that they removed the details of economy shipping from their web already.
I recently shipped a 1kg+ parcel over, economy quoted me $23.50 and express was $25. So of course i chose express. Economy don't seem to be much different, maybe they realize it looks like a scam so they removed it lol

stardusz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to call vPost tomorrow..

I simply do not understand why is my chargeable weight 10kg when my parcel actual weight is only 3.1kg?! Similarly, another parcel that weigh only 1.6kg and they are charging 2.9kg?!

In fact, I calculated the weight for the first parcel is only 17.6ounce (approx. 500gm only) while the second one is only 31.5 ounce (not even 900gm, round it up to 1kg lah, if they want tot earn)

Now they are charging me 13kg when my total parcel weigh only 1.5kg at the most?!

What the hell is going on? :(

stardusz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.. :)

I will switch the next time.. but now, it's kinda of as I've already instructed the items to be shipped to vPost... :(

I really want to know how they calculate the items' weight...

Probably the merchants used a big box.
What did you ship ?
If you ship items like bags then this is normal.

Last edited:

Nightgyr

Reaction score

I simply do not understand why is my chargeable weight 10kg when my parcel actual weight is only 3.1kg?! Similarly, another parcel that weigh only 1.6kg and they are charging 2.9kg?!

In fact, I calculated the weight for the first parcel is only 17.6ounce (approx. 500gm only) while the second one is only 31.5 ounce (not even 900gm, round it up to 1kg lah, if they want tot earn)

Now they are charging me 13kg when my total parcel weigh only 1.5kg at the most?!

Don't bother with borderlinx or vpost. Vpost in particular is rather crap.

Been using comgateway for years. Realiable and reasonably priced.
65daigou not bad but website abit annoying. Suggest you use comgateway

xJessie

Reaction score

Contact your seller to get a brief measurement of the box they shipped in. They calculate base on volumetric weight, thus if the seller used a huge box this may be the case. don't bother trying to contact vpost though email. i tried and my whole issue dragged on for weeks. i posted on their facebook page, replied and resolved within hours.

xJessie

Reaction score
Don't bother with borderlinx or vpost. Vpost in particular is rather crap.

Been using comgateway for years. Realiable and reasonably priced.
65daigou not bad but website abit annoying. Suggest you use comgateway

i'm gonna try comgateway instead of vpost after i'm done with this set of shipment that's still with them. comgateway seems highly recommended, but the only reason why i use vpost is due to the discount from credit cards. maybe not worth the risk of their dishonesty afterall. pay peanuts, get grounded peanuts. rather pay and try CGW but they need to offer some promos to entice us to use too.

member_2359

Reaction score

We are going to sound like nags but were you aware of actual weight vs volumetric weight? I wont be able to stay angry if I knew I was the one who did not find out what I am paying for.

xJessie

Reaction score
We are going to sound like nags but were you aware of actual weight vs volumetric weight? I wont be able to stay angry if I knew I was the one who did not find out what I am paying for.

To be honest, from the way he replied, calculated actual weight, actually i think he's not aware of the volumetric weight thing... and honestly, it's kind of our responsibility to find out how it's charged before engaging the service but... =\

mngbliiitz

Reaction score
Review on Borderlinx

I have not really checked for reviews before using Borderlinx a few years back.

Managed to get a couple of shipments back in one piece.

However a few weeks back, I have had several wrong items shipped to me.

Wants me to pay again to send the correct items over, does not want to provide complimentary shipping to Comgateway, wants to charge me additonal USD20 per package plus USD20 for admin fee. It will total up to 200% of what the packages cost. Either pay that or they will very kindly "dispose" of the items for me. Fan"f*cking"tastic.

Customer Service is BullSh"t. Asked for compensation, says ok. Here's a discount code for 15%.CITI15ECO-Valid till 31March- . BUT, discount codes cannot be applied to items shipped to Comgateway. Hence, tried requesting to waive admin cost, they said ok. They will reduce it from 20USD to 20USD. Total Difference - $0.00USD.

Told them I will not be using them again.

Pretty much told me to go F*ck Myself.

Feel free to use them if you have plenty of time and money on your hands.
Here's a discount code for anyone still willing to use Borderlinx, CITI15ECO. Validity till 31 March.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mngbliiitz: What do you mean by 'had several wrong items shipped' to you? And why should they give any form of 'complimentary' shipping to a competitor?

xJessie

Reaction score
I have not really checked for reviews before using Borderlinx a few years back.

Managed to get a couple of shipments back in one piece.

However a few weeks back, I have had several wrong items shipped to me.

Wants me to pay again to send the correct items over, does not want to provide complimentary shipping to Comgateway, wants to charge me additonal USD20 per package plus USD20 for admin fee. It will total up to 200% of what the packages cost. Either pay that or they will very kindly "dispose" of the items for me. Fan"f*cking"tastic.

Customer Service is BullSh"t. Asked for compensation, says ok. Here's a discount code for 15%.CITI15ECO-Valid till 31March- . BUT, discount codes cannot be applied to items shipped to Comgateway. Hence, tried requesting to waive admin cost, they said ok. They will reduce it from 20USD to 20USD. Total Difference - $0.00USD.

Told them I will not be using them again.

Pretty much told me to go F*ck Myself.

Feel free to use them if you have plenty of time and money on your hands.
Here's a discount code for anyone still willing to use Borderlinx, CITI15ECO. Validity till 31 March.

Discount code sounds like a normal citibank code to me. trying to just brush you off with a code that can be used by anyone i guess.

why not try this. if you wish to still get your parcel, or a refund, arrange for your own local transport e.g. fedex, pick up item from their location and ship to your other preferred service or send back to get a refund from your sellers, telling them you have issues / reject the goods or whatever. then just pay them the 20$ usd admin fee and never deal with them ever again,

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.