llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

orangefish17

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm leaving for auckland nx week on da 17th mar, and then head towards tauranga to see if i can find and secure any seasonal job. If possible to get a job, I suppose the min commitment would be around 6-8 weeks? And then after that I'll start touring NZ via Straytravel hop on hop off bus. Anybody along this line of planning too? Do whatsapp me nine2203697 Cheers :)

orange1988

Reaction score
wha haven check back this thread for a while and suddenly see so many pple going for it too!

Happy for you guys! =)

Once again if u guys are keen to join in our Singaporeans NZWH whatsapp group feel free to whatsapp me @ nine7861593 and I'll add u in.. a place where you can find travel buddies or ask any questions in regards to NZWH there and we will share info with each other!

Feel free to join our facebook group "Yang Meh Meh Club" too:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/699197210163585/?fref=ts

There's some useful info there that we shared and occasional meet up being organised as well!

vincentchean

Reaction score
For those who travel alone don't worry too much, there are heaps of nice people in NZ. Its better to go there and look for some mates who are heading the same direction and then you guys will be bond by the same interest. And if you not comfortable with them you can always find excuse to leave the group. But if you already have a travel buddy with you and you guys have an disagreement along the way then things will get ugly.

Anyway backpacking is to meet new people and do the stuff that you will never get to do in SG like hitch hiking, picking fruits.

I've done my working holiday 2014 and i like it so much that i have decided to stay on in NZ

:)

zxyong

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to get the visa and job? Im planning to apply these few days to go in early sept

vincentchean

Reaction score
Is it hard to get the visa and job? Im planning to apply these few days to go in early sept

very easy to get visa. they will most likely approve within 48 hours.

For job wise you will have to match the seasons, winter and spring not so much jobs and so many people will be fighting. The best season to come over here is November i guess. There are heaps of advice on the internet, but many of them are in Chinese because mostly is the Malaysian or the Taiwanese sharing the info.

good luck mate

petrolhead

Reaction score
Hi all! I completed my working holiday a while back and wrote some tips in a blog called Rambling Feet, so I hope you'll find them useful!

kate spade.90

Reaction score
I'm planning to go early next year. Who else is interested? :) I'm looking to work at animal farms, vineyards or orchards

yoheyhi

Reaction score
Hi
i intend to travel to auckland in mid July till early aug. Is anyone here in auckland right now? How's the weather like?

keigo22

Reaction score
Hi
i intend to travel to auckland in mid July till early aug. Is anyone here in auckland right now? How's the weather like?

The whole North Island suffering from gales and rain and wellington flooded. :s13:

Now is winter all the wild weather is here... but Auckland not as cold.. for me I don't feel that cold and wear t-shirt and jean walking around but I think for singaporean should feel the cold but not that super cold.

Also Auckland now under housing bubble due to real shortage..
More living in cars as rents go through roof

yoheyhi

Reaction score
Gosh, thanks for the reply. Now im hesitating...
The airticket are not cheap either, should have book it eariler on.

yongjp

Reaction score
Sounds cool. Wish I did something like this when I was younger. Bump for you mate

camerah

Master Member
Reaction score
Envious! Too bad i am graduating from an australian uni. So I can't apply for the working holiday :(

Just came back from south island a week ago! Really love new zealand! Everything is so chill there.

Nawzer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going on the work holiday to New Zealand in October 2015 until March 2016 and will be landing in Auckland. I am interested in working at the farms, fruit picking or even the packing stuff (keeping my options open). Activities I am interested in are hiking trails and sight seeing.

If anyone is travelling during the same period you can reach me. Perhaps we can discuss our travel plans.

Email: r e z w a n . s h @ g m a i l . c o m

PS: ignore the spaces for the email. :D

Last edited:

Cadennn09

Reaction score
Hello! I'm interested in going for the working holiday in the first half of next year too :D Have y'all decided when you'll be heading over?

Just gotten my visa approved with nothing planned. When are your heading over ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.