Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thks for the info.

So just 1 compressor can power all of them?

I am worried, in the event, all aircons, switched on, what would be the disadvantages?

No worried, compressor design for higher btu, for sure can support the all room condition as cold.

My system ME sys 3 inverter 3A28VA even turn on all, still wouldn't realise like not cold at all.

My setting for each room at 25C and low fan speed only, so far never complain it.

But not gaurraty for others Aircon brand would be do the same performance

Also I think you really wanted to turn on all rooms after reached home?
Cause for normal used after reached home will turn on living room as a 1st, cause wanna keep the living hall to be cold down.
For bedroom only at night time before sleep and turn on 1hr before only, at that time on living room unit temperature reached already and wouldn't need so powerful btu at all.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thks for the info.

So just 1 compressor can power all of them?

I am worried, in the event, all aircons, switched on, what would be the disadvantages?

Daily use, BD1 , BD2 & DR, 9+9+12 already 30k,

the ME u suggested is 38k sys4 only?

As my DR and LR will be 'closed' off at nite, thus would need 2 x 12.

Went to Daikin site, the SYS5 is supposed a 10kw, maybe 34k but?
But they had this 200% threshold and a 15.6kw working cycle, so is it a 46k load effiectively?

Actually if I am not used multi speed before and same mind set with you now, cause my JB home setting was, all single split at living 24k btu & 3 room with 8.5k btu.

If you die die to force the compressor runing optimum such as keep it pre-set on 16C and high fan speed for sure on each room can't suit on maximum cooling.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you all the Mit StarMex claimed it's the most quiet Aircon at 19dB is base on what setting ?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Can I check with you all the Mit StarMex claimed it's the most quiet Aircon at 19dB is base on what setting ?

My sister in law room she set on 25C with quiet mode, the Aircon still very cold to compare my room set on 25C also but the fan speed set on low = 1 bar.

I guess no others brand can be the same, even set on 19dB at quiet mode but the airflow blowing out these still cold.

Unlike panasonic inverter keep some minimum noise.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My sister in law room she set on 25C with quiet mode, the Aircon still very cold to compare my room set on 25C also but the fan speed set on low = 1 bar.

I guess no others brand can be the same, even set on 19dB at quiet mode but the airflow blowing out these still cold.

Unlike panasonic inverter keep some minimum noise.

You mean there is a quiet mode on the controller for the Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter Aircon ? :s8:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
You mean there is a quiet mode on the controller for the Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter Aircon ? :s8:

Hmm not sure of quiet mode.. But easy clean function for ME only in the market they design for this.

But from 19dB back to MSY-GAxxVA model is the 1st brand in world had it 19dB quiet mode of the 1st model.

Follow by LG inverter V & Hitachi as Sleep.

The rest never seems had it function.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To Jeremy1,

The noise level is based on the quiet mode which the blower unit fan motor operate at the lowest speed.

This however will lead to condensation easily if the aircon is dirty or fliter clogged.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm not sure of quiet mode.. But easy clean function for ME only in the market they design for this.

But from 19dB back to MSY-GAxxVA model is the 1st brand in world had it 19dB quiet mode of the 1st model.

Follow by LG inverter V & Hitachi as Sleep.

The rest never seems had it function.
Hmm I just curious, so that means other brands of aircon all dirty and require more servicing? All this advertisements make me a more confused buyer. Haha

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hmm I just curious, so that means other brands of aircon all dirty and require more servicing? All this advertisements make me a more confused buyer. Haha

Easy clean access into blower for wipe out, is more advantage, but not at all user wanna do by itself.

Just pay money and settle.. Just the overall cost effect.
Dirty meant you cloudnt use cloths to wipe out like other brand, time to usage can be more dirty like what you said.

Added some video here

http://youtu.be/v1sg6duLmRU

Last edited:

mkaeda

Reaction score
Hi, planning to get either system 3 or system 4 to replace my old faulty aircon. Its a 4br flat at bedok north area. Whats a good price and also recommended olace to buy?

saggice

Reaction score
Try with Daikin system 5
Or get ME 4A38VA adjusted on free current limit at 38k btu, good than enough.

Cause like 5 room flat can consider for 9k x 2 + 12k & 24k BTU.

if urs is the new HDB 5 room then 28k btu is good enough.
38k may be overkill.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Higher BTU alway energy saving... Cooling power reaching more faster than lower BTU compressor.

Kimsim, you always been helpful and now you are confusing ppl.

Anyway, I also keen on a sys4 (BTU 9k x4) for my EA and also deciding on 28K or 38K?

My main concern is that I don't have an air con ledge like new BTO house, had to be in steel bracket outside of house. So 28K I know can be in steel bracket, will 38K be too big for bracket?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Kimsim, you always been helpful and now you are confusing ppl.

Anyway, I also keen on a sys4 (BTU 9k x4) for my EA and also deciding on 28K or 38K?

My main concern is that I don't have an air con ledge like new BTO house, had to be in steel bracket outside of house. So 28K I know can be in steel bracket, will 38K be too big for bracket?

Ok cause for your 9k x 4 units setting up for 28k much sufficient lah..

Also 38K compressor have to loading out from the window side.
If got Aircon ledge should not an issue.

In previous I thought you put for 24k or 26k btu at living hall, that is why I prefer on 38k btu.

justmelah

Reaction score
Try with Daikin system 5
Or get ME 4A38VA adjusted on free current limit at 38k btu, good than enough.

Cause like 5 room flat can consider for 9k x 2 + 12k & 24k BTU.

being quoted for:

sys 3 26k 9+9+12
+
sys 2 18k 9+12

cheapest ArtCool price I got, and dunno why cheaper than starmex, in fact touching Panasonic prices

when all IMM quotes, Starmex, 1k cheaper than Artcool...

Warranty
1. Compressor 5 year (Dealer warranty)
2. Other parts 5 year (Dealer warranty)
3. Workmanship 1 year (Installer warranty)

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
being quoted for:

sys 3 26k 9+9+12
+
sys 2 18k 9+12

cheapest ArtCool price I got, and dunno why cheaper than starmex, in fact touching Panasonic prices

when all IMM quotes, Starmex, 1k cheaper than Artcool...

Warranty
1. Compressor 5 year (Dealer warranty)
2. Other parts 5 year (Dealer warranty)
3. Workmanship 1 year (Installer warranty)

Panasonic inverter my friend said is quite ok, cause the fan blower still able to remove out and without take down the whole FCU.
To be compare to Starmex just slighly noisy on airflow only the rest is quite ok and durable too.

Maybe lah, cause you have 2 units package on each packaged save $500 then the round up has slighly more.

But make sure they give better rubber foam and full brass singapore wires.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

How bout now? Seem applied the addition filters from few weeks already.

Can feel slighly warm or still remain as same cooling?

Thanks

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bout now? Seem applied the addition filters from few weeks already.

Can feel slighly warm or still remain as same cooling?

Thanks

Still cooling and feel that the air is cleaner with fragrant smell.

My living room setting at 25 degree with blower fan at 2 bars.

My bedroom setting at 26 degree with blower fan at 1 bar.

Don't know with this setting will damage the aircon or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.