[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it has some bugs still

In NETWORK MAPS -> CLIENTS

I have 9 IP cams, 2xNOTE 4 and 1xMS SP3 all on wireless and guess what? Sometimes the WIRELESS would show 12 items, sometimes 11 items and sometimes 11 items with 1 under WIRED. And best of all only 2 on 5GHz-2, 2 on 5GHz-1 and the rest on 2.4GHz. I also found that the device on 5GHZ-2 would moved to 2.4GHz for no apparent reason. I thought once a device has been identified as 5GHz-2 or 5GHz-1 or 2.4GHz it would remain sticky?

This is when the SMART CONNECT is on.

Anybody can explain? Thanks

I believe if u turn off smart connect, the devices will not be shifted around.. The purpose of smart connect is to choose the best connection for ur devices. But as of now, the variables still need further fine tuning..

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haahs then ur toilets confirm got IP Cam liao lor.. Hahas

Cannot be... I believe this is the arrangements..

2 cam point main door
1 cam point kitchen windows
2 cam point bed roomx2
1 cam sitting room
1 cam dinning room
2 cam master room with 1 pointing the safe box.

His house have infrared armed also.. And direct link to Cisco police.. :D

But seriously ..... I have 2 IPs cam (on 2.4G) + 4 Smart phone (on 5Ghz) + 3 Laptops (at most 1 or 2 on sometime on 5Ghz)

Do I need a AC3200 ??

Last edited:

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
From that dummy UI link on the first page, looks like the channels 52-64 and 100-144 are yet again not supported. I assume the router is lacking DFS support to enable these channels. That alone is a reason to avoid this.

What are the power levels (in dBm) the router supports for the channels 149 onwards, any ideas?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot be... I believe this is the arrangements..

2 cam point main door
1 cam point kitchen windows
2 cam point bed roomx2
1 cam sitting room
1 cam dinning room
2 cam master room with 1 pointing the safe box.

His house have infrared armed also.. And direct link to Cisco police.. :D

But seriously ..... I have 2 IPs cam (on 2.4G) + 4 Smart phone (on 5Ghz) + 3 Laptops (at most 1 or 2 on sometime on 5Ghz)

Do I need a AC3200 ??

I have more toys than you lah. 9 IP cameras with IR, 4 smartphones, 2xandroid tv boxes, 2×smart tvs, 1xnetbook, 1xring video doorbell and 1xMS SP3. More on the way when I acquire IoT devices

If your devices are old then 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz will suffice. However, if you check on 5Ghz-2 & 5Ghz-1 the channels are the same so I wonder what's the use of having 2 same highways now?

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

New firmware for RT-AC3200 coming soon.

Best regard,
JK

Can't wait to try it.

My Mio TV doesn't work even after selecting Singtel - Others.

I've rebooted the set top box several times and it still fail.

I have also tried powering off the ONT, router and set top box. Powering on the ONT, router and lastly the set top box after all the lights are stable with no success.

I'm not sure what else to try.

astonchew

Reaction score
similar issue.
on Fibre 200M Mio and tried all the possible without any success in getting miotv to work.
internet and voice working fine.

ont port 2 => ac3200 wan => miotv box on port 4 using singtel others profile (internet ok, miotv not working)

ont port 2 => ac3200 wan => miotv on port 4 using singtel miotv profile (internet ok, miotv not working)

no choice have to plug in back the old aztech modem in order to get back miotv.
hopefully a new firmware will get this fix soon.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May be I can post a WTB message here .... to those who thinking to sell off can PM me .......:D

CuteWorm

Master Member
Reaction score
similar issue.
on Fibre 200M Mio and tried all the possible without any success in getting miotv to work.
internet and voice working fine.

ont port 2 => ac3200 wan => miotv box on port 4 using singtel others profile (internet ok, miotv not working)

ont port 2 => ac3200 wan => miotv on port 4 using singtel miotv profile (internet ok, miotv not working)

no choice have to plug in back the old aztech modem in order to get back miotv.
hopefully a new firmware will get this fix soon.

hmm.. what is your ont port 1 plugged into?

can try ont port 1 instead maybe?

alternatively, if your miotv and internet not bundled, try:
ont port 1 -> aztech wan -> miotv
ont port 2 -> ac3200 wan -> internet

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm.. what is your ont port 1 plugged into?

can try ont port 1 instead maybe?

alternatively, if your miotv and internet not bundled, try:
ont port 1 -> aztech wan -> miotv
ont port 2 -> ac3200 wan -> internet

For my case i'm using ONT port 1 to AC3200 Wan. Do you reckon I can try ONT port 2 to 2Wire Wan to Mio TV and see if it works?

I had a problem earlier where ONT port 1 to AC3200 Wan does not work even for internet...flashing the firmware again helps though.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..... If more than 5 brother here support the buy and bye .... I will liao....:(

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.