NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateCat

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting here, and I have read through the forum, but I havent seen much of a reply for someone with my case.

School: Ngee Ann Poly (Accountancy)
CGPA: 3.818 (Including 6th sem)
COM: Maybe not?
O Levels: L1R4: 11, L1R5: 14 (Eng: B4)
Applying: NTU, SMU, NUS: Accountancy

Reply: Still waiting:s22:

Would really appreciate a reply, and I am really hoping to get into NTU, but I heard that you will need about a 3.85 to safely have a spot, although I have already met the 10th percentile. Will this mean that I have to go for the discretionary interview?:s22:

Hi Junior ~

I got in with the same GPA and Os as you last year. From same poly & course applying to same uni & courses too.

I think you should be fine, just sit back and wait for your acceptance letter which may come in late April. I got from both NTU & SMU, but NUS offered me my 2nd choice Business Admin instead.

I accepted NTU Accountancy, then subsequently appealed to change to Business.

tinkerx

Reaction score
Wahhh,everybody's GPA looks so high here :o hahahaa,I am applying to NTU materials engineering with a GPAof 3.37 and a l1r4 of 16. Can anybody rate my chances?hahah

kibble

Reaction score
Singapore Poly Dip in Biz IT
CGPA: 3.65 (Including 6th sem)
CCA: Gold with Honours
O Levels: L1R4: 16, L1R5: 19
Applying: SMU: Business Management

What are my chances :s11::(

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those didis and meimeis who applied for courses in nus which require interviews should receive them within these couple of weeks le. My younger bro is going for one this coming wed.

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Now that my final semester result is out, I have to submit only the final semester result or the official transcript that include all the semester results? And i noticed that NUS doc submission portal is not working. Does that mean that for NUS, I don't have to submit ?

Jyxq95

Reaction score
Now that my final semester result is out, I have to submit only the final semester result or the official transcript that include all the semester results? And i noticed that NUS doc submission portal is not working. Does that mean that for NUS, I don't have to submit ?

The portal is only open from 1 April onwards.

darthllord

Reaction score

Step by step

1) Have you gotten an offer from NUS ?
2) If you have, please wait for 1st April to submit final semester result as proof of graduation.
3) If no offer no need submit final semester result till offer is given.
4) If rejected you can submit final semestar result to appeal.

Any other questions ?

darthllord

Reaction score
NUS SCHOOL OF COMPUTING

Anybody coming for the information session on May ? Those who got accepted.

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Step by step

1) Have you gotten an offer from NUS ?
2) If you have, please wait for 1st April to submit final semester result as proof of graduation.
3) If no offer no need submit final semester result till offer is given.
4) If rejected you can submit final semestar result to appeal.

Any other questions ?

Does that apply to SMU also? But I checked smu portal, there written we have to submit final semester result eh.

" Those whose final semester results are not available at the time of application must submit the results immediately when available. Failure to do so will result in the delay of processing of your application. SMU will not send reminders to inform applicants to submit their results. "

timberc

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting here

School: Singapore Polytechnic (Accountancy)
CGPA: 3.823 (Inclu of 6th semester)
O Levels: L1R4-13, Eng-B3, A Maths - A2
CCA Grade: Gold w Honours (Polytechnic), A1 (Secondary)
Courses applied: NTU Accountancy, SMU Accountancy

Currently I am still waiting for a reply from NTU and SMU. Can anyone rate my chances for the courses that I have applied. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Singapore Poly Dip in Biz IT
CGPA: 3.65 (Including 6th sem)
CCA: Gold with Honours
O Levels: L1R4: 16, L1R5: 19
Applying: SMU: Business Management

What are my chances :s11::(

Your Gpa stretches below borderline n biz is a v competitive course. But you have decent cca records, so I would say 50%-60% cos grades is nt really someth they look at too.. (it only acts like a filter)

I would say go for it still. Just be sure to write a really good university admission/cca essay so u will b shortlisted for the interview.

Nosferato4

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting here

School: Singapore Polytechnic (Accountancy)
CGPA: 3.823 (Inclu of 6th semester)
O Levels: L1R4-13, Eng-B3, A Maths - A2
CCA Grade: Gold w Honours (Polytechnic), A1 (Secondary)
Courses applied: NTU Accountancy, SMU Accountancy

Currently I am still waiting for a reply from NTU and SMU. Can anyone rate my chances for the courses that I have applied. Thank you. :)

80-90% for both.

just be sure to pass the group interview for smu in order to secure a spot :)

wclaudia

Reaction score
Does that apply to SMU also? But I checked smu portal, there written we have to submit final semester result eh.

" Those whose final semester results are not available at the time of application must submit the results immediately when available. Failure to do so will result in the delay of processing of your application. SMU will not send reminders to inform applicants to submit their results. "

For this, I have called to SMU, and they replied that on the portal you can remove the 5 sems results you originally posted and repost the full results including your 6th sem results! Hope it helps:)

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
For this, I have called to SMU, and they replied that on the portal you can remove the 5 sems results you originally posted and repost the full results including your 6th sem results! Hope it helps:)

Oh Claudia, Thank you ! Definitely, It helps !

williedon

Reaction score
Singapore poly
Diploma in financial informatics
CGPA : 3.75
Course: Biz courses in SMU/NUS or NTU (doesn't matter which biz course)
O Level L1R4 (raw) 14
Eng B4
Chances to get in any courses?
Thanks!

Piggypork

Reaction score
Singapore poly
Diploma in financial informatics
CGPA : 3.75
Course: Biz courses in SMU/NUS or NTU (doesn't matter which biz course)
O Level L1R4 (raw) 14
Eng B4
Chances to get in any courses?
Thanks!

Hi Willie, are you from wes's batch?
Im from DFI too.

mercilesslord

Reaction score
Hi
Have a quick qn here. Why some of u guys nid interview for uni admission? I got offered chem eng no interview

whatsup1

Reaction score
Temasek Polytechnic Diploma in Electronics
CGPA: 3.4 (including 6th semester)
O Level L1R4: 19 points
Course applied NTU EEE

What are my chances??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.