NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyFeathers

Reaction score
nicely done!!!.so far you the first RP graduans i seen getting into SMU

No worries, so long you are shortlisted for an interview, you won't be discriminated for the polytechnic you come from.

From then on, your performance in the interview is what matters.

orzzwh

Reaction score
Got an offer from SMU Social Sciences.

Interview was on 23 March, received the offer on 28 March.

Poly: RP
Diploma in Mass Communication (w/Merit)
GPA: 3.70

Hang in there guys! The offers should be coming to you soon!

Hi, I'm from RP as well. And I attended my interview on 24th March. May I know how they inform you the result? Via email or letter?

dancingcrabs

Reaction score
I took a gap year after graduating from a poly last year because I could not get into NTU/NUS. Since then, I have travelled for a few months and I have been on an internship at NIE Office of Education Research. I have decided that I will apply for universities again this year and I really hope to get into NUS FASS.

With a cGPA of 3.70, L1R4:5 & L1R5:7, a good CCA track record with multiple leadership roles, what are my chances of getting into NUS FASS?

p.s, I have received a call from SMU for an interview with the School of Social Sciences and I will be attending my interview the following week (after postponing it due to some work issues).

Nosferato4

Reaction score
I took a gap year after graduating from a poly last year because I could not get into NTU/NUS. Since then, I have travelled for a few months and I have been on an internship at NIE Office of Education Research. I have decided that I will apply for universities again this year and I really hope to get into NUS FASS.

With a cGPA of 3.70, L1R4:5 & L1R5:7, a good CCA track record with multiple leadership roles, what are my chances of getting into NUS FASS?

p.s, I have received a call from SMU for an interview with the School of Social Sciences and I will be attending my interview the following week (after postponing it due to some work issues).

Their 10th percentile is 3.76 if I am not wrong. I would say 30-40% chance, considering your stellar O level results. You must however, ensure that you draft a really good admissions essay that can put people in awe, if you wish to secure an interview via Discretionary admission.

Don't forget about your referrals and recommendations too. Good Luck.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why didnt you just enter one of NUS's courses and than attempt to transfer?
Could have gotten a few credits as well if your transfer attempt was successful

nardsoveryou

Reaction score
Do the uni take into consideration which year I graduated?? the IGP for NTU biz has inflated so much as compared to 5 years ago...should have applied earlier. until now no sight, no sound about my application.

cheeyarn

Reaction score
Got an offer from SMU Social Sciences.

Interview was on 23 March, received the offer on 28 March.

Poly: RP
Diploma in Mass Communication (w/Merit)
GPA: 3.70

Hang in there guys! The offers should be coming to you soon!

Hey! How's the interview like? What are the questions asked? May I contact you for more details of the interview?

cheeyarn

Reaction score
Hey! May I know how's the interview like? What are the questions asked? I am heading for my interview next week! Your help is greatly appreciated!

joey_xu

Reaction score
Hi, its my first time using this forum.
Have something related to ask.
my gpa is 3.58( 5 sems) & 3.56 (6 sems)
I chose biological science as first choice, followed by chemistry science, mathematical science from ntu.
Im from nanyang poly grad with a engin vourse. Can anyone rate my chance?
Thanks for all inputs

JasonMooWK

Reaction score
Has anyone got his/her scholarship offer alr? or got called up for scholarship interview?

Is it we have to accept the uni offer then they will consider us for scholarship?

Last edited:

DirtyFeathers

Reaction score
Hey! How's the interview like? What are the questions asked? May I contact you for more details of the interview?

The setting is a group interview (2 professors to 4-5 candidates)

You will be given 20 minutes to read an article, following which the candidates will proceed to a room for the actual interview. The topic of my article was regarding female conscription in Singapore.

The professors will then invite the candidates to give a short introduction about themselves.

After the introductions, candidates will be asked to give an opening statement with regards to the article. The rest of the interview will then flow with each of the candidates' rebuttals of one another. The professors hardly jumped in during my interview, my guess is that they wish to see how candidates can perform under such a setting whereby the students take control of the discussion.

Candidates will then be asked to give a closing statement, followed by a Q&A segment with the professors.

That's pretty much about it. Don't worry if you aren't naturally outspoken; each candidate will receive their fair share of stage time.

All the best!

theorigin

Reaction score
NTU NBS interview + essay writing tmr... :/ quite worried about it because I don't really have a clue about how the interview will be like (group/one to one?) and how they'd rate my essay! Anyone here who has already gone to nbs interview?

Btw idk if it makes a difference but I'm an A level student. H2 CME AAB. H1 geog A. Gp E(lol sian). Pw B.

Piggypork

Reaction score
NTU NBS interview + essay writing tmr... :/ quite worried about it because I don't really have a clue about how the interview will be like (group/one to one?) and how they'd rate my essay! Anyone here who has already gone to nbs interview?

Btw idk if it makes a difference but I'm an A level student. H2 CME AAB. H1 geog A. Gp E(lol sian). Pw B.

The flow will be 10 mins essay writing + a short(10-15mins) 2 to 1 interview.

For essay, you are only required to write 3 paras. can be any discussion topics under the sun.

Interview wise will be a 2 to 1 type. 1 Prof and 1 senior student. Same thing, they will bombard you with all sorts of qns, from simple ones like why nbs, why should we accept you to tough one like how do you envisage SG50 celebration, should females in sg serve,etc.

Dont worry, the fact that they shortlisted you for the interview means you are one foot in NBS. Do your best and god will do the rest! Goodluck!

e.s.lau

Reaction score
I know omg??? My finals are coming up but I have 0 motivation to start studying because I can't wait to switch school!

Good luck, you! Let's keep each other updated ;-)

yes lets keep each other updated and good luck to us and to your finals!!

balkis293

Reaction score
Rate my chances

Hi guys,
My cGPA (6 semesters): 3.64
No CCA record
With Dip Plus in Business Mathematics
L1R4: 7 L1R5:7

I am an SP Student with Diploma in Banking and Finance. Applied for Business Mgmt in NUS, NTU and SMU as first choice. Alternatively, hope to get into NTU Mathematical Sciences or economics.
Got no reply yet.

What are my chances for getting BM in the 3 unis and my chances to get Mathematical sciences or economics at NTU?

bubblesaurr

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My cGPA (6 semesters): 3.64
No CCA record
With Dip Plus in Business Mathematics
L1R4: 7 L1R5:7

I am an SP Student with Diploma in Banking and Finance. Applied for Business Mgmt in NUS, NTU and SMU as first choice. Alternatively, hope to get into NTU Mathematical Sciences or economics.
Got no reply yet.

What are my chances for getting BM in the 3 unis and my chances to get Mathematical sciences or economics at NTU?
Hello. Sorry to say that ur chances for any of the 3 biz courses is very low. My friend wasn't even invited to an interview with NBS with a gpa of more than 3.7 and similar O level results as urs.

All the best to you!

bubblesaurr

Reaction score

Hello...I think what you really need to do is to speak coherently at the interview. I did my interview in 2013 and is admitting this year. Maybe I can share a few possible qn that they may ask.

1. Why is ur gp grade an E. What would u do to improve it? (Actual qn asked except it was abt my O levels English which was a B3 - poly grad)

2. In what ways can you contribute to NTU/NBS?

3. Applied to any other uni and which will u accept if u receive more than 1 offer?

The essay qn is usually generic qn like what is ur aspiration, what is ur ambition, along those lines.

All the best!

Last edited:

bubblesaurr

Reaction score
Hi, its my first time using this forum.
Have something related to ask.
my gpa is 3.58( 5 sems) & 3.56 (6 sems)
I chose biological science as first choice, followed by chemistry science, mathematical science from ntu.
Im from nanyang poly grad with a engin vourse. Can anyone rate my chance?
Thanks for all inputs
I think you have made an uninformed decision. Not that ur results is bad but rather it's not relevant since you hold an engineering dip. Usually only programmes such as biz and humanities welcome any dip while others look at relevancy. Maybe mathematical science is ok.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.