Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
February 2015 Promotion

Have you found your Valentine date yet? This might just be the perfect gift that can make her say yes.

FREE ATH-CW4 Cable Wrap (worth $18) with every Limited Edition Audio-Technica ATH-FW55 purchase.

ATH-FW55_zps17e7a221.jpg

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Dark Green is the new color of Limited Edition.

Enjoy a free Tote Bag with every purchase of Audio-Technica ATH-M50X/ DGR Limited Edition. Promotion is valid while stocks last.

M50X%20DGR%20Arrival_zpsmzboigbx.jpg

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
A stylish headphones that doesn’t compromise the substance? Worry no more! Sporting a chic square design is the latest Audio-Technica ATH-UN1 that offers superb comfort, fatigue-free listening and extreme portability. Available in three stylish colors that is a clear choice for fashion-oriented listeners like you.

ATH-UN1%20Arrival_zps21jlrb4k.jpg

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Where will your next journey bring your Audio-Technica ATH-M70X?

M70X%20DX90%20Rig2_zpsa1oa7arn.jpg

Stand a chance to win a pair of ATH-R70X (Open Back Professional Monitor Headphones worth $438) with every purchase of ATH-M70X. Promotion is valid from 12th March to 12th April 2015. Exclusively at Stereo Electronics!

wqx345

Reaction score
Hi! Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this, but I'm considering getting im70 as a replacement for the kilpsch r6 that I sadly lost.. Heard rave reviews about it, has anyone compared the two before, is it significantly better than r6?

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi! Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this, but I'm considering getting im70 as a replacement for the kilpsch r6 that I sadly lost.. Heard rave reviews about it, has anyone compared the two before, is it significantly better than r6?

I haven't personally compared these two models side by side but the ATH-IM70 is one of the popular models within its range, I actually find it a steal for its price as well. But of course, sound is rather personal so you might want to try them out first and check if this model will suit for the genre of songs that you are listening. Have fun exploring! :D

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
drop by PS during lunch time today and got my im.
thank you for the patience with an old man. got the im that my ears is telling me to buy though i couldnt quite understand the tech behind it. :D thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
drop by PS during lunch time today and got my im.
thank you for the patience with an old man. got the im that my ears is telling me to buy though i couldnt quite understand the tech behind it. :D thanks for all the advice and recommendations.

Great to know this. Thanks for the appreciation, bro! :s12:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got myself the ANC33is. For the price/value, can't be beaten. Got it for 98 from IT Show. Now, there are times I just turn on the noise canceling even when there is no music just to remove the crowd noise.

mutantenemy

Reaction score
i happen to own both, the r6i and the im70. :s13:

like the guys from Stereo say, sound is a subjective thing, and it depends on your ear's sensitivity as well. no point getting a hi-fidelity or low bass one if you can't hear the full register as we age.

here's a summary on what i like and don't like about the both:

r6i
comes in white - looks great
good high frequencies - pin sharp
sturdy build - cabling and body
can use it as my mic for conference calls :p

Dislikes:
comfort - the ear buds they provide don't suit me - it hurts after an hour and the biggest buds are like medium sized for most other brands
noise isolation not as good as expected
bass performance is par only
straight jack

im70
balanced sound with surprising great amt of detail - dual driver
lows and bass are tight
ear buds fit better
noise isolation is really decent
L jack
CABLE INTERCHANGABLE
1 year warranty

Dislike:
no mic
body a bit plasticky
super not used to the cable-over-ear style
takes up slightly more space in the bag

test tunes: Dr-X Daimon Michiko OST
youtube.com/watch?v=45Zr-G7Lb_s

Conclusion:
Sound-wise i like im70 more. you dont have to run-in to get the full performance. the bass sounds surprisingly tight as well. for a cable interchangable dual driver at sub-$150, it's probably the best value for $$ buy. But for those who does sports esp running with it, the cable behind the ear may hurt after a while.

hope that helps!

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
any promo for CKR series? =:p
looking at CKR-7 actually.. but the more reviews i read, the more i get poisoned by CKR-9.
Time to audition soon...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.