NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The interview alone was fine, U will be given an article and allowed to discuss with your group members first, so anything U dun understand regarding to the article, you may raise it up during the discussion time. If u get nice group mates, the interview will go very smooth. So try to help each other and be nice during the interview.

The English test is a killer if u are from poly and your English is not stellar enough. It's a mini version of GP (A level English). Just do quickly and answer as many questions as possible. I am not sure the how important the English test as the admission factor cos I dun think I did well in it neither.

The duration of everything possibly last for more than 3 hours. For my session, I reported at 1:20pm and left the school around 5 pm. Anyway it would be a nice experience for you ! All the best and good luck ! For a girl simply wear a dress will be nice enough!
ccb y urs so short... knn mine more than 8 hrs!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your reply! I got a D for my GP though.. I'm really anxious and idk what to expect.. the whole thing and it's duration seemed really daunting for me- especially i'm more of the shy type and not very outspoken..
dun worry... doubt they put too much pts into your essay/compo... knn i wrote a lot of BS for it...

Blurkidzzz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here.
I received smu offer last week (Information Systems), academic year 2015/2016
Anyone same with me?

Fishball123456

Reaction score
still rmb my smu biz interview last year... knn lots of hot chio bus wearing biz wear... KNN the entire shiat lasted from around 3 pm to 11 pm...

Wow, that's really competitive! Omg but why does the whole thing (interview plus English test) last for 8hrs! That's pretty ridiculous!

Adenovirus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ccb y urs so short... knn mine more than 8 hrs!!!!!!!

dun worry... doubt they put too much pts into your essay/compo... knn i wrote a lot of BS for it...
Heng moi acc interview only 30mins niah. Biz students jin satki

Qosmix

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here.
I received smu offer last week (Information Systems), academic year 2015/2016
Anyone same with me?

When did u get called for interview? N how long ago did u apply if u dont mind me asking?

poiuyqwer

Reaction score
If rejects, they probably will inform u on late May. Are u JC or poly?

I'm a Poly student.

GPA 3.80 (diploma with merit)
CCA role: member only
L1R4: 16 L1R5: 20 (English C6)

During the interview I was very nervous and I think I kind of screwed it up. What do you think of the chances of them accepting me?

orzzwh

Reaction score
I'm a Poly student.

GPA 3.80 (diploma with merit)
CCA role: member only
L1R4: 16 L1R5: 20 (English C6)

During the interview I was very nervous and I think I kind of screwed it up. What do you think of the chances of them accepting me?

If u are not a foreign student, it is quite weird that you still not receive any news as now is more than one month since your interview. Cos smu normally give their offer quite fast.

poiuyqwer

Reaction score
If u are not a foreign student, it is quite weird that you still not receive any news as now is more than one month since your interview. Cos smu normally give their offer quite fast.

I'm Singaporean. That's why... I have applied for private university to serve as back up plan. Thanks for your prompt reply ^.^

theorigin

Reaction score
The flow will be 10 mins essay writing + a short(10-15mins) 2 to 1 interview.

For essay, you are only required to write 3 paras. can be any discussion topics under the sun.

Interview wise will be a 2 to 1 type. 1 Prof and 1 senior student. Same thing, they will bombard you with all sorts of qns, from simple ones like why nbs, why should we accept you to tough one like how do you envisage SG50 celebration, should females in sg serve,etc.

Dont worry, the fact that they shortlisted you for the interview means you are one foot in NBS. Do your best and god will do the rest! Goodluck!
Hello...I think what you really need to do is to speak coherently at the interview. I did my interview in 2013 and is admitting this year. Maybe I can share a few possible qn that they may ask.

1. Why is ur gp grade an E. What would u do to improve it? (Actual qn asked except it was abt my O levels English which was a B3 - poly grad)

2. In what ways can you contribute to NTU/NBS?

3. Applied to any other uni and which will u accept if u receive more than 1 offer?

The essay qn is usually generic qn like what is ur aspiration, what is ur ambition, along those lines.

All the best!

Didn't get to thank you two for replying me! I got to read your replies when I was travelling to ntu for the interview! both of you spotted the qns correctly but I honestly think I replied very badly and will fail the interview.... is it possible to appeal for another interview?? When will they start informing us about interview results? I feel like I threw away my chance to get into nbs T__________T

Last edited:

ilovesushi

Reaction score
Didn't get to thank you two for replying me! I got to read your replies when I was travelling to ntu for the interview! both of you spotted the qns correctly but I honestly think I replied very badly and will fail the interview.... is it possible to appeal for another interview?? When will they start informing us about interview results? I feel like I threw away my chance to get into nbs T__________T

No worry! I went for the interview on 15th Jan, my application status still processing. I very speechless. :) cheer up!

macchaaalatte

Reaction score
SMU biz interview

Hey, I'm new here :s13: Last friday SMU called me to come for biz interview on April 11, but I don't remember the guy mentioning anything about the English test. Is it compulsory for everyone who's going for biz interview? I got A for GP but I'm still pretty nervous (aside the interview) since I haven't been writing proper essays for months :s22: Thanks ahead :D

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here :s13: Last friday SMU called me to come for biz interview on April 11, but I don't remember the guy mentioning anything about the English test. Is it compulsory for everyone who's going for biz interview? I got A for GP but I'm still pretty nervous (aside the interview) since I haven't been writing proper essays for months :s22: Thanks ahead :D

doubt those who get good marks for GP will have to go for it...

Piggypork

Reaction score

It will prolly take 1-2 weeks for them to process your interview result. All hopes are not lost yet! i screwed up mine big time as well. Still gotten my offer in the end. They are looking far beyond just your answers, they are looking for who you are as a person in general as well.. press on!

Blurkidzzz

Reaction score
I'm Singaporean. That's why... I have applied for private university to serve as back up plan. Thanks for your prompt reply ^.^

Hello, just be patience. I received my offer letter 2 months after the interview.
I think you will receive soon. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.