Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To free2d,

Non inverter, no more single system are available in the market anymore.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.daikin.com.sg/index.php/products/sg?iid=5

I recall seeing Daikin still have non-inverter single aircon available.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
http://www.daikin.com.sg/index.php/products/sg?iid=5

I recall seeing Daikin still have non-inverter single aircon available.

Does not make sense, cause non inverter draw in too much energy to compare over inverter unit.

Can consider to buy non inverter used unit for save cost too

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I see. Inverter it is. So between Pana n Daikin?

Panasonic not as cold as Daikin.
But Pana more easy to remove out fan blower for washing outside, Daikin can't remove n just do with chemical wash only

Pana outdoor unit smaller than Daikin also.

free2d

Reaction score
Its the way i use my AC. I max the fan n to lowest degree until cold then turn off. When warm i turn on again.
A bit old school like my grandpa used to do.
I dont set, say 24degree n maintain the temperature.
I know i am weird.

Ronnxer

Reaction score
hi, anyone has engaged Mega Discount Store to install their Aircon before ? is their service good in terms of installation ? Please kindly advise thanks.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
advise

1 x MXY3A28VAR7 (30k BTU)
3 x MSYGE10VAR2 (9K BTU)

22SWG Refigeration Copper Pipe
Super Jet Trunking & PVC Drainage pipe
Themaflex insulation for drainage & refrigeration pipe
Vaccum the refrigeration piping and charging gas

Costs: $3.2k

Hi is this price reasonable?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
1 x MXY3A28VAR7 (30k BTU)
3 x MSYGE10VAR2 (9K BTU)

22SWG Refigeration Copper Pipe
Super Jet Trunking & PVC Drainage pipe
Themaflex insulation for drainage & refrigeration pipe
Vaccum the refrigeration piping and charging gas

Costs: $3.2k

Hi is this price reasonable?

Quite good price especially u getting 22G copper pipping. Btw, MXY3A28VAR is 28k btu, not 30k.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi, Benlauhh

I not sure you'd previous Mit Starmex which model or non-inverter, if not inverter also has sometime ago..

Regarding the failed, I don't think any brand don't have it such issue, cause all mfgs products after QC and issue out..

Also like a Apple iPhone for some latest batch sure have the minor issue, after the mfg would be solve it out.

My Mit Starmex also 24k btu Already close to 6 yrs now, so far so good, if 1 days mine spoil also, I am worth it, cause I enjoy the comfort n energy saving too.

Anything just depend your luck.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Very simple - owner too rarely on his AC until all jammed in compressor.

Dear Kimsim - if for very low usage, what is the minimum frequency to on the AC? Last I heard from a manufacturer - at least once a week for 15-30mins. If not, be prepare for total overhaul or change new AC.

Is this true?

If true, we can't blame SMit on this. Even a Midea will up lorry within a year for such kind of usage.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Very simple - owner too rarely on his AC until all jammed in compressor.

Dear Kimsim - if for very low usage, what is the minimum frequency to on the AC? Last I heard from a manufacturer - at least once a week for 15-30mins. If not, be prepare for total overhaul or change new AC.

Is this true?

If true, we can't blame SMit on this. Even a Midea will up lorry within a year for such kind of usage.

Not too sure, like my case now for my JB home, we only turns on every weekend.. But my friend told me 1 month at least needed to let the compressor runs for few hours and x 4 times around there's

If not the gas n oil will stick together, but not too true..

I was believe we bought the thing just depend on luck lah

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Hi all,
Would like to seek some opinion on this aircon matters as I am a noob in this.

Went to Courts weeks ago and was recommended EuropAce System 3 Aircon by the sale personnel. She mentioned that EuropAce is a singapore company and this aircon was using Mitsubishi motor. Remote control was better as there is light so night can see. Compared to StarMex is $1k different. EuropAce cost $2899.

I did a google search and found a aircon company for this EuropAce that charge only $2,500. But then the sale guy told me another side is that EuropAce aircon is new and spare parts are harder to find in market. So he suggested me to go for Mitsubishi Electric System 3, SCM60ZJ-S1 (outside unit) and SRK25ZMA-S (indoor unit x 3). Price is $2,700.

Now I am big headed with these brand and models. Please share your opinion. Thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi all,
Would like to seek some opinion on this aircon matters as I am a noob in this.

Went to Courts weeks ago and was recommended EuropAce System 3 Aircon by the sale personnel. She mentioned that EuropAce is a singapore company and this aircon was using Mitsubishi motor. Remote control was better as there is light so night can see. Compared to StarMex is $1k different. EuropAce cost $2899.

I did a google search and found a aircon company for this EuropAce that charge only $2,500. But then the sale guy told me another side is that EuropAce aircon is new and spare parts are harder to find in market. So he suggested me to go for Mitsubishi Electric System 3, SCM60ZJ-S1 (outside unit) and SRK25ZMA-S (indoor unit x 3). Price is $2,700.

Now I am big headed with these brand and models. Please share your opinion. Thanks

Courts is away expansive.

But how come mitsubishi electric mixed with MItsubishi heavy industrial condenser?

My set bought from IMM AllBest without topup 5 years warranty just less than $2600 only for ME system 3 Starmex inverter.
AllBest have provide 36mths zero interest with CC services also.

For MHI slighly cheaper than ME, to be honest don't go for EuropAce.. The brand was rare.

Againt they offer you for MHI compressor just 20k btu / 3 units = 6.8k btu for each room, seem like not really sufficient.

If you were go for ME compressor model : 3A28VA at least each room has slight higher from 8.5k btu.

Last edited:

Gregorygan

Reaction score
Does anyone know why on the mitshi brochure the MXY4A28VA has a cooling capacity of 15.6 kWh which is like 53k btu but everyone says its 28 or 30 k btu? How does the conversion work?

terumo

Reaction score
To Gregorygan,

15.6KW should be the max KW of the indoor units connected to the outdoor.
This does not refer to the max KW the compressor will produce.

The max KW the compressor will produce is around 7.5KW.

Gaoz7

Reaction score
Hi,
I intending to have 4 aircon units (3 bedroom + 1 living rm).
Main use in MBR for now (and likely won't use it every night, some nights just use to cool the room down etc); living room only when guests over or super hot day or haze day.
Should be getting ME, but not too sure in terms of configuration.
Should I get one system 3 (for the 3 BRs) + one just for the LR; or a system 4? The 1st setup cost like 1k more, is it worth it cos will save electical bills compared to system 4?
And if system 4, is 3A28VA enough? or need 4A38VA ?
Looking at 9k for each of the BRs and either 18k/24k for the living room.
Also, let me know if any special promotions or sale for aircon ongoing now, shd b buying in the next wk or two.
Thanks much .

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,
I intending to have 4 aircon units (3 bedroom + 1 living rm).
Main use in MBR for now (and likely won't use it every night, some nights just use to cool the room down etc); living room only when guests over or super hot day or haze day.
Should be getting ME, but not too sure in terms of configuration.
Should I get one system 3 (for the 3 BRs) + one just for the LR; or a system 4? The 1st setup cost like 1k more, is it worth it cos will save electical bills compared to system 4?
And if system 4, is 3A28VA enough? or need 4A38VA ?
Looking at 9k for each of the BRs and either 18k/24k for the living room.
Also, let me know if any special promotions or sale for aircon ongoing now, shd b buying in the next wk or two.
Thanks much .

System 3 or 4 the maximum hdb flat required on 8.5A = 1930w only, turn on 4 or 3 Rooms the wattage is almost the same, unless your is private properties.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Does anyone know why on the mitshi brochure the MXY4A28VA has a cooling capacity of 15.6 kWh which is like 53k btu but everyone says its 28 or 30 k btu? How does the conversion work?

Let said MXY-4A38VA without current limit for maximum capacity output at 11.2kw x 3410 = 38k btu only.
Once the factory set to 8.5A current limit so the output at 8kw = 27k btu only.

No different between 4A28VA model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.