SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

nitokit

Reaction score
manual counting

Very strict on posture, after 3 warnings, -5 counts until u have the right posture. 5 testers each time and followed by next 5 as counter according to tag number. I took it at KFCC.

It's never the less easy to pass and get incentive though.

For maju camp today, they did not give any warnings.

There will be a PTI assigned to each person. Your assistant will count out loud whenever your chest touch his fist, while the PTI will maintain a separate "no count" count.

At the end of the test, PTI will report the number of push up you did minus the no counts to the overall PTI.

jackasshole3

Reaction score
Hi, everybody. just did the new IPPT today and here to share something about the Pushup since there are a lot of questions about this. This was done in Maju FCC.

Pushup is done in detail of 5. Each person who is doing will be watched by 1 PTI EACH. He is positioned directly in front of you. Your assistant will be to your half left. There were other extra PTIs walking around the general area who will point out to your PTI in charge of you if there are no counts. So you are watched from front and back.

1) You will take position by lying down entirely on the floor with your arms beside your chest. NO WIDE ARM.

2) You are required to do 2-3 "demo" pushup to your PTI. He will correct you if you do not have the proper form (body straight, arms shoulder width apart, and nothing else touching the floor when you go down) You will go back into the position in Step 1 after this. This is known as the STANDBY position.

3) PTI will say STANDBY, followed by UP. On the word UP, you will push up until your arms are straight. Assistant will put his fist below your sternum (middle of chest) which is also inbetween where your palms are. This step will take about 1-2 seconds MAX.

4) PTI says GO! You whack as many as you can in 60s. everytime your chest hits the fist your assistant will count out loud. He will continue to count as long as you hit the first. PTI will say OUT LOUD when your pushup has no count and deduct it from your final score (that your assistant counted) when you are done.

Note: they are VERY particular about form. So when you train for pushup. Focus not on numbers but on the form. make sure you do swee swee first then push for higher number. The max amount you do when training should be the max you can do without BREAKING form.

Note2: You can rest when your body is up and your hands are fully extended. You can rest with your hips pushed back (like when you kena tekkan and you holding pushup position your ass in the air like that) however BEFORE you continue the pushup you must go back to a straight body before going down to the ground.

Hope I helped clarify the process! It seems very scary, honestly I quite scared before the test today. But aside from the ngiao-ness is actually quite easy to pass.

Thanks for your super detail info.. So how many did you manage to do? And how many they deduct

Zangief

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all. i have just MR this 1st April 2015, got the cert already.

my birthday is something like 15 March, so do I still have to book a IPPT for window 15 March 2015 to 14 March 2016 ? I login to ns.sg and see that I was still able to book. and I have already cleared my 2014 to 2015 IPPT liability.

Or do I dun need to go for this 2015/2016 IPPT window already ?

Thanks

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my birthday is something like 15 March, so do I still have to book a IPPT for window 15 March 2015 to 14 March 2016 ? I login to ns.sg and see that I was still able to book. and I have already cleared my 2014 to 2015 IPPT liability.

Thanks

Don't need. The system should update your new status soon.

Calander

Reaction score
hmm... i thought for IPT you get to choose the type of workout you want?

sometimes due to the number of strength, they will put all IPT together as other kinds of sports.

my experiences were kickboxing and martial arts moves. feels much worst than blue and yellow tags though.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
For IPPT, can I just skip one station and tell them to let me fail the station?

According to what I read from above on push-ups, I am definitely going to get no-count all the way...

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Already MR, receive cert, then no need to book already :s13:

smuttyblueberry

Reaction score
Thanks for your super detail info.. So how many did you manage to do? And how many they deduct

I managed to do 26, then No Count 1. So overall 25. I'm the skinny scrawny type so my arm muscles quite weak haha lucky I'm light so easier to push I guess. For me I cannot do very fast one so I focused on getting the form right every time. I have a friend who was doing with me that did like 52 then no count 8 so 44. He had five no count cos he was doing very fast then never fully straighten arm when coming up.

But overall quite happy! since I only started training pushups 1 and a half week before the test itself. managed to go from 10 proper to 25. Every alternate day do four sets of about 70-80% of my max number I can do before I head out for sch. Trying to maintain this regime all the way even after IPPT.

Last edited:

Zangief

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Already MR, receive cert, then no need to book already :s13:

thanks, maybe i will check the system sometime again. :s12::s12::s12:

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
14707_10153728426496038_22030410168166353_n.jpg

11084267_10153728426576038_3290819727136641112_n.jpg

This one ah?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, everybody. just did the new IPPT today and here to share something about the Pushup since there are a lot of questions about this. This was done in Maju FCC.

Pushup is done in detail of 5. Each person who is doing will be watched by 1 PTI EACH. He is positioned directly in front of you. Your assistant will be to your half left. There were other extra PTIs walking around the general area who will point out to your PTI in charge of you if there are no counts. So you are watched from front and back.

1) You will take position by lying down entirely on the floor with your arms beside your chest. NO WIDE ARM.

2) You are required to do 2-3 "demo" pushup to your PTI. He will correct you if you do not have the proper form (body straight, arms shoulder width apart, and nothing else touching the floor when you go down) You will go back into the position in Step 1 after this. This is known as the STANDBY position.

3) PTI will say STANDBY, followed by UP. On the word UP, you will push up until your arms are straight. Assistant will put his fist below your sternum (middle of chest) which is also inbetween where your palms are. This step will take about 1-2 seconds MAX.

4) PTI says GO! You whack as many as you can in 60s. everytime your chest hits the fist your assistant will count out loud. He will continue to count as long as you hit the first. PTI will say OUT LOUD when your pushup has no count and deduct it from your final score (that your assistant counted) when you are done.

Note: they are VERY particular about form. So when you train for pushup. Focus not on numbers but on the form. make sure you do swee swee first then push for higher number. The max amount you do when training should be the max you can do without BREAKING form.

Note2: You can rest when your body is up and your hands are fully extended. You can rest with your hips pushed back (like when you kena tekkan and you holding pushup position your ass in the air like that) however BEFORE you continue the pushup you must go back to a straight body before going down to the ground.

Hope I helped clarify the process! It seems very scary, honestly I quite scared before the test today. But aside from the ngiao-ness is actually quite easy to pass.

The irritating part I hate about this station is not the toughness or ngiao-ness. It's the part where we have to train for it (not the time or strength part either).

Yeah sure, for pull-ups, most of us have to go exercise corners and all to train while for pushups we can just train at home. But for push-ups, how are we supposed to train for the correct form when we exercise? Since a long time ago till now, I'm sure most of us kena tekan in uniformed groups or army before but I'm dead sure none of us really cared about form back then.

The only ways I can think of to train is to get someone to watch you when you train or to put a huge-ass mirror beside yourself and stare at your own body while you do since it's damn hard to detect any "off-form" movements when our eyes are only located at the front of our heads.

In terms of training, it's a bigger pain in the ass than pullups and in fact I think less beneficial for upper body strength. But what to do? LLST lan lan suck thumb lor. *shrugs*

Sorry for the rant btw -_-

smuttyblueberry

Reaction score
The irritating part I hate about this station is not the toughness or ngiao-ness. It's the part where we have to train for it (not the time or strength part either).

Yeah sure, for pull-ups, most of us have to go exercise corners and all to train while for pushups we can just train at home. But for push-ups, how are we supposed to train for the correct form when we exercise? Since a long time ago till now, I'm sure most of us kena tekan in uniformed groups or army before but I'm dead sure none of us really cared about form back then.

The only ways I can think of to train is to get someone to watch you when you train or to put a huge-ass mirror beside yourself and stare at your own body while you do since it's damn hard to detect any "off-form" movements when our eyes are only located at the front of our heads.

In terms of training, it's a bigger pain in the ass than pullups and in fact I think less beneficial for upper body strength. But what to do? LLST lan lan suck thumb lor. *shrugs*

No worries. I happened to have a large ass mirror at home so I was able to train quite easily. But yes I do see your point about it being hard to train. Also, can try training with friends or like if you have family around with you get them to correct your form. Once you familiar with the form you won't forget the feeling one. When your back not straight you should be able to feel it. Can take video to see if your back straight too. For me, I made a point to hold my breath and "kek" my abs area when I'm going down.

The thing is, this form IS the proper way to do the pushup, not with the back bent etc. So it is expected that you should have it and not something to be "trained" but sadly this is not really enforced when we trained in army so a lot of us probably have poor form now.

end of the day, like you said, LLST haha. Hope your training will be fruitful!

yosemi

Reaction score
so the new ippt is likely to fail for me too...

prepare RT liao.

if my windows going to close in 1 week time and i yet to complete IPT what will happen ?

Calander

Reaction score
so the new ippt is likely to fail for me too...

prepare RT liao.

if my windows going to close in 1 week time and i yet to complete IPT what will happen ?

why need to RT if one is able to complete 10 IPT sessions?

LearnIT

Reaction score
Hello, Im going khatib camp for ippt later.

Is the new 3 stations ippt system implemented there also?

I wish to do the new format...but cannot find another option on ns.sg!

Last edited:

jackasshole3

Reaction score

Take video ! Put your phone on the ground and record while you do. Just make sure about two things, maintain straight back posture and straight arm every push-up. Everyone should know ass and leg near the ground and only upper body do push up is definitely no count

jackasshole3

Reaction score
I managed to do 26, then No Count 1. So overall 25. I'm the skinny scrawny type so my arm muscles quite weak haha lucky I'm light so easier to push I guess. For me I cannot do very fast one so I focused on getting the form right every time. I have a friend who was doing with me that did like 52 then no count 8 so 44. He had five no count cos he was doing very fast then never fully straighten arm when coming up.

But overall quite happy! since I only started training pushups 1 and a half week before the test itself. managed to go from 10 proper to 25. Every alternate day do four sets of about 70-80% of my max number I can do before I head out for sch. Trying to maintain this regime all the way even after IPPT.

That's not bad. I m skinny guy too. Used to do 60 wide arm push-up in nS.now barely keepin up 50. Back when the three station ippt with the push-up implemented , I thought It was gonna be chicken feet guessing 40 standard push-up. But when I heard now how hard it is from bros here, my expectation drop to 30. Now I tried it out my self with sock on the floor (mash up into fist size) and recorded with phone. :( only manage 22nia :eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.