SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it should be easier once FCC starts using electronic counting for the push-ups.

but that will take some time cos FCC will need to remove the old stations before there is space to install the push-up stations.

khatib and bedok confirm no space to install the push-up stations until the old stations are removed.

yosemi

Reaction score
it should be easier once FCC starts using electronic counting for the push-ups.

but that will take some time cos FCC will need to remove the old stations before there is space to install the push-up stations.

khatib and bedok confirm no space to install the push-up stations until the old stations are removed.

they just remove one of the shutter run track and draw rectangle for pushup

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There will be signs on the counter to let you know if you forget:

- Blue: Metabolic Circuit (upper body)
- Yellow: IPPT Specific
- Red: Running
- Orange: Games (soccer, captains ball)
- Green: Weight loss (above 27 BMI)

been a while since I last went IPT, is the system of first come first start in place or everyone start at the same time now?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first come first???

there was a period of time during my last cycle where they had the tags sub divided into groups. For example, if you turned up early and the group number is enough, that group will start training without waiting for the rest. the earlier you start, the earlier you go back.

i guess now back to normal, everyone start same time.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
there was a period of time during my last cycle where they had the tags sub divided into groups. For example, if you turned up early and the group number is enough, that group will start training without waiting for the rest. the earlier you start, the earlier you go back.

i guess now back to normal, everyone start same time.

I see.

Yes, everyone start at the same time now, that is what I see.

yosemi

Reaction score
went for the new IPPT system today. Overall experience is good with the new system. Only the detailing part not too glad with it because my tag number is assign to do situp first then pushup. Because the push up is still manual key in of score so they line you up 1-10 so even number do first odd number be assistant then switch over. like the old days situp like tat

if only we can choose to do which station first.

jackasshole3

Reaction score
went for the new IPPT system today. Overall experience is good with the new system. Only the detailing part not too glad with it because my tag number is assign to do situp first then pushup. Because the push up is still manual key in of score so they line you up 1-10 so even number do first odd number be assistant then switch over. like the old days situp like tat

if only we can choose to do which station first.

Which place you go do ippt? When you taking, odd number tag is your assistance? Can you enlightens me on that? You mean the person who come there to take ippt and got odd number tag is your push-up test assistance? Like how he assist? I thought the Cisco pTi test?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which place you go do ippt? When you taking, odd number tag is your assistance? Can you enlightens me on that? You mean the person who come there to take ippt and got odd number tag is your push-up test assistance? Like how he assist? I thought the Cisco pTi test?

there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

but in the end i fail my ippt cos i ran/walk 20min for 2.4km. :s13:

is the requirement for Performance Target for ipt out already?

0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:

smuttyblueberry

Reaction score
That's not bad. I m skinny guy too. Used to do 60 wide arm push-up in nS.now barely keepin up 50. Back when the three station ippt with the push-up implemented , I thought It was gonna be chicken feet guessing 40 standard push-up. But when I heard now how hard it is from bros here, my expectation drop to 30. Now I tried it out my self with sock on the floor (mash up into fist size) and recorded with phone. :( only manage 22nia :eek:
ahh I see! yes don't worry its not hard to improve with time. Try having a regime like every mon wed friday where you whack pushups. 4 sets every time. Try not to do everyday so your muscles can rest and repair and grow. Then tue thur can do planks which I think is important to hold your core to keep your back straight. jiayou!

Also I used the pushup bar so I can push my body even lower so as to train my range of motion and it's also more tiring haha. You can try that too! Oh when you train, do it SLOWLY. like go up do slow go down do slow. Then after you do your training maybe at the end do a little self test to see your progress. During that one you can pia the first few by chionging. Chionging helps because you can use your momentum from going down to "bounce" back up so you use less stress, I think that's a bit of a good method to conserve strength. But don't do that when you train cause you wanna push your muscles as much

Last edited:

jackasshole3

Reaction score
there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

Remarkable man! 45pushup.but whyyy hahaha 20mins? 2.4? 15mins also I think can pass. Why so slow sia

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remarkable man! 45pushup.but whyyy hahaha 20mins? 2.4? 15mins also I think can pass. Why so slow sia

aiya i 1 year never run already that's why. =:p

with my push-up + sit-up score, i only needed 15min 10sec to pass but half way thru the 1st round my legs already starting to surrender so i know i won't be able to make it so might as well do a walk/jog.

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
I just went for my IPPT at Bedok yesterday.

Push up:26
Sit up: 33
Running: 12 mins 30 seconds.

Managed to pull off a pass with incentive.

After hearing all the horror stories, I thought I was going to get 0 points for pushup. But my advice is to do a proper one. Rather than wasting your energy and getting no counts.

Most impt thing the PTI look out for is whether your back is straight when you go down and up.

The part about ur chest touching your assistant's fist is not very anal. It's just a guide of how low you need to go. Not necessarily touching your assistant fist. Just near is fine.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, the chest touching your assistant's fist is just a guide of how low you need to go, so long as you go a bit beyond 90 degree it will be counted.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score

Like that must fail till jialat to get band 1 or everyone gets band 1?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.