Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just rem to change this
UctSLbe.png

I using the astrill vpn trial to see if it's good.
I not using the client program
I using it on Asus AC68U merlin firmware

but i dont see kill switch option in my asus router

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
I using the astrill vpn trial to see if it's good.
I not using the client program
I using it on Asus AC68U merlin firmware

but i dont see kill switch option in my asus router

I think only from Astrill client then have this option. On router can only see 'Block Internet if VPN drops'

I don't see this privacy settings menu on my astrill client, can anyone help me find it? Thanks.

When you are running openvpn, click on setting and should see it liao.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think only from Astrill client then have this option. On router can only see 'Block Internet if VPN drops'

icic
is it better to use the client software or load into the asus router and run from there?

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When running openvpn,and click settings, don't see any privacy settings leh. Can choose switch kill, but can't see any option to disable IPv6. Why har?

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
When running openvpn,and click settings, don't see any privacy settings leh. Can choose switch kill, but can't see any option to disable IPv6. Why har?
mine
l79Sovx.png

icic
is it better to use the client software or load into the asus router and run from there?

use on router = 2 to 3 MB/s, 5 to 6 MB/s if select provpn
Use on PC with Astrill Client= normal full speed

oric1

Reaction score
Mine looks like this:
Ffg7kEp.jpg

Something missing on my client.
Using v2.9.3

I update few weeks ago due to e ''webrtc ip leak''
maybe u can check with astrill.

What build is yours? Peach Tea & mine is v2.9.3 build 2025. Just place your mouse cursor over "v2.9.3" for more than a second and it will show you the build version.

Paranoia08

Reaction score
I have come down to 2 VPN to choose from.
HMA or Astrill... But I read that Astrill doesn't work for China website anymore?
Is that true?

Hope to get advice from you guys... Thanks!!! :D

mikengtw

Reaction score
I have come down to 2 VPN to choose from.
HMA or Astrill... But I read that Astrill doesn't work for China website anymore?
Is that true?

Hope to get advice from you guys... Thanks!!! :D

Hi last year i did travel back to China - Xiamen stay in my wife home town , and I
did subscribe to Astrill VPN services. And it did work on my tablet to my notebook suf
the net and watching YouTube and checking my Google email all without any blocking.

Why not you give a try just subscribe for 3 months use and they do have service
support online chat too.

Paranoia08

Reaction score
Hi last year i did travel back to China - Xiamen stay in my wife home town , and I
did subscribe to Astrill VPN services. And it did work on my tablet to my notebook suf
the net and watching YouTube and checking my Google email all without any blocking.

Why not you give a try just subscribe for 3 months use and they do have service
support online chat too.

Thanks for your input. But I am not using a VPN from China. I am using locally, to access those geolocked/censored China website. I tried "Hola Better Internet" and it worked in unlocking, but the streaming speed is way too slow. And it doesn't protect your privacy.
That's why I'm looking for a VPN. =)

oric1

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. But I am not using a VPN from China. I am using locally, to access those geolocked/censored China website. I tried "Hola Better Internet" and it worked in unlocking, but the streaming speed is way too slow. And it doesn't protect your privacy.
That's why I'm looking for a VPN. =)

I was able to stream from China via "China 2" server (Astrill) but slower nowadays compared to last time, not sure about other VPN service providers though.

You can always sign up with Astrill for 7 days free trial. No need to give credit card number upfront.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What build is yours? Peach Tea & mine is v2.9.3 build 2025. Just place your mouse cursor over "v2.9.3" for more than a second and it will show you the build version.

Just installed the version from astrill. Same version but newer built. It has the privacy settings. Thanks!

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Just tested Astrill and PureVPN. Astrill SG server gives me no loss in download speeds (my 100Mbps connection was fully utilised) whereas Pure VPN lingers around 5MB/sec only. You guys could try out Astrill trial with all servers unlocked for 3 days by talking to Live Support on their website. Seriously considering signing up for Astrill now.

oric1

Reaction score
Just tested Astrill and PureVPN. Astrill SG server gives me no loss in download speeds (my 100Mbps connection was fully utilised) whereas Pure VPN lingers around 5MB/sec only. You guys could try out Astrill trial with all servers unlocked for 3 days by talking to Live Support on their website. Seriously considering signing up for Astrill now.

5MB/s is equivalent to 40Mbps, so, 100Mbps is actually 12.5MB/s :D

Reaction score
Currently using AirVPN.. no complains.

Very stable connection, but of course a speed drop can be felt when you are downloading huge files.

kurtisnet

Reaction score
5MB/s is equivalent to 40Mbps, so, 100Mbps is actually 12.5MB/s :D

Yup I get around 12-13MB/s when using Astrill to download big files using IDM (non local server). PureVPN only gives me about 4-5MB/s though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.