[IP Cam] Xiaomi IP Camera Xiaoyi

slurpy0099

Reaction score
Does any knows how to mute sound when viewing from phone?

Anyone knows the step to hook up to their router which can do recording?

phif77

Reaction score
Anyone can post a picture sample of the night view? Thinking of getting one but not sure if the night vision is good

doc_ona

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Need some help here.

Our young daughter recently had a medical condition and we need to literally observe her as much as possible and I am looking into putting IP camera so we can see her in the bedroom or living room when we are at other rooms in the house.

I currently using old android phones and webcam viewed on an android tablet (IP Cam with tinyCam) but the field is very limited.

I was wondering if this Xiaoyi cam will work with tinyCam. I googled but cannot seem to find a definite answer. Also there is a comment here that the software is only in Chinese.

Budget is very tight so I want to make sure the setup will work before buying even a relatively cheap setup.

Thanks.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
So this one got night vision or not, previously someone post no night vision, but recent post indicate there is. And what is the angle of viewing for this?

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Need some help here.

Our young daughter recently had a medical condition and we need to literally observe her as much as possible and I am looking into putting IP camera so we can see her in the bedroom or living room when we are at other rooms in the house.

I currently using old android phones and webcam viewed on an android tablet (IP Cam with tinyCam) but the field is very limited.

I was wondering if this Xiaoyi cam will work with tinyCam. I googled but cannot seem to find a definite answer. Also there is a comment here that the software is only in Chinese.

Budget is very tight so I want to make sure the setup will work before buying even a relatively cheap setup.

Thanks.

hi,

i got my hands one of these. Note that you will NOT be able to access the IP cam directly using 3rd party programs, but rather thru their app. Else, you ahve to downgrade to a lower version( = security risks) to view their rstp streams(mentioned earlier).

there are english firmwares : Small Ants Intelligent Camera (English Translation + Guide) - App - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

another plus point, I have tested it for ~ 18hour stretch and the streaming is good, and the power adapter + camera stays cool or occasionally slighty warm to the touch.

keith

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
So this one got night vision or not, previously someone post no night vision, but recent post indicate there is. And what is the angle of viewing for this?

it DOES NOT have true night vision as there are no built in IR leds. It however, has algro to switch from color mode to mono under LOW light conditions, and is quite well at it. At NO light condition = black

FOV is wide, at least wider than a dlink 920 / 930 series IP cam. didnt quite measure it.

keith

hotyrole

Reaction score
i bought d-link 930L for $19.90

was deliberating on xiaoyi but price wise, dlink won.

Challenger Member Sales at TM. today last day

Zon

Master Member
Reaction score
guys.. i have the xiaomi small wifi with USB.
Can i connect a USB HDD and let the IP camera save to it?

slurpy0099

Reaction score
Anyone with ios has the problem of the live view always initializing then sometimes just stuck there? How to resolve? Reinstall 小米智能app many times and reset cam many times still the same.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Banned
Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot download the latest 1.8.5.1C firmware using the android app. Hangs at 0% despite using a Class 10 Card.

Was able to manually flash the previous 1.8.5.1B firmware. Anyone know where I can download the 1.8.5.1C for a manual flash?

Ghostrider

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot download the latest 1.8.5.1C firmware using the android app. Hangs at 0% despite using a Class 10 Card.

Was able to manually flash the previous 1.8.5.1B firmware. Anyone know where I can download the 1.8.5.1C for a manual flash?

Can get from here

Zon

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone can help please?
I managed to get the camera to say connection successful using the smart home app.

However, it prompts an error, make sure the camera are in the same router.
Are there any firewall settings to be configured?

Ignore top. managed to get it connected via another AP using the original wifi app. The smart home app cannot work for this access point. Weird.

Once connected, i can now view using wifi or 4g.

Last edited:

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the audio recording clear for this xiaoyi?

Can we access the microSD card wireless via mobilephone and playback the video archive?

I saw this selling at $45 at Qoo10 (Store at SLS level 3 - Self collect) but it is out of stock, anywhere else I can get this fast?

Thanks in advance.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bot this IP cam over the weekend. Btw, where to configure the motion detection?

slurpy0099

Reaction score
Is the audio recording clear for this xiaoyi?

Can we access the microSD card wireless via mobilephone and playback the video archive?

I saw this selling at $45 at Qoo10 (Store at SLS level 3 - Self collect) but it is out of stock, anywhere else I can get this fast?

Thanks in advance.

Audio not bad.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.