SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current with window ends in July 2015. I passed ippt w silver using old format. Can I take new format now, get gold and earn more incentive before current window closes?

Calander

Reaction score
My current with window ends in July 2015. I passed ippt w silver using old format. Can I take new format now, get gold and earn more incentive before current window closes?

yes. as long the award is a higher tier.

Calander

Reaction score
What's the difference between NSMen (Active) and NSMen?
If I already ORD-ed, which group am I? Need to figure out the bare min to pass my IPPT :s13:
btw if I miss IPT-IPPT, is there any penalty?

also how late can we be for IPT?

no difference between with or without "Active". As long u got your COS, you are a NSmen.

No penalties for any IPT-IPPT and IPPT missed. Only RT-IPPT & RT is compulsory attendance.

nwstbz23

Reaction score
Those who went/going Bedok FCC for IPPT, can confirm if doing 5-station IPPT is still possible?

News say got 1 year transition phase and can choose to take old IPPT, but this seems to differ between different FCCs....
From what I saw last Saturday in Bedok camp, the Cisco fitness instructor will ask people who wish to do the 5 station IPPT.

xxslayer

Reaction score
it has already been extended by 3 months compared to the previous time.

meaning that, u have 12 months to clear IPT instead of 9 months.

mindef did actually sent brouchers abt the new system. did u even receive them??

i am aware. just want to know whether it can be extended to the 13th month.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone got any idea if you can skip and not attempt the push up if you know you cant do even one proper form?

I see that the machines for 5 stations are not being used anymore, thats why im asking this.

Just drop lor...You drop liao...they also won't let you continue ba...

dustyRoom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a conversion for IPT PPT band from 5 stations to 3 stations?
I took the 5 station IPPT 10 months ago during ICT (start of my window). Recently, I decided to go for IPT and just completed my first session CAT test for the 3 stations version.

NS.sg assigned me a 5 station PPT band to meet?! Anyone encountered this before?

Nefarious1

Reaction score
Those who went/going Bedok FCC for IPPT, can confirm if doing 5-station IPPT is still possible?

News say got 1 year transition phase and can choose to take old IPPT, but this seems to differ between different FCCs....

Yes you can, went there last Saturday. They will give you a choice. AT least that was the case for me.

yzfr1kong

Reaction score
Any color tag to recommend? Juz want to go thru the 10 cycles

blue tag (free weights, medicine ball, elastic band, interval training, some running) is the most popular choice in bedok fcc.

red tag if you like running and sweating it out. lately they are introducing aerobics with music to make training more interesting.

yellow tag if you want to focus on static stations (push ups, sit ups, etc). sometimes red and yellow tags have combined training due to few participants.

green tag for weight loss which almost always includes lots of running and jogging and gym use.

orange tag - sports and games e.g. soccer; hardly see this in use at bedok.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

but in the end i fail my ippt cos i ran/walk 20min for 2.4km. :s13:

0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:

Can smoke that 3 years is worth it :s13:

lankileong

Reaction score
Must I pass all 3 stations to get a pass?

Or can I just clock 51 points but get 0 points in any 1 station?

Anyone can enlighten?

SnakeKing

Reaction score
hello! I have a query to ask.

This window I have to do 20-D number of RT sessions. This D is 1 so I just need to do 19 sessions. As you all know, the 8th, 14th and 20th sessions.

So do I just follow my booked sessions and just do RT at the 19th and last session, without having an IPPT as the last session?

Thanks.

orionmiz

Master Member
Reaction score
Must I pass all 3 stations to get a pass?

Or can I just clock 51 points but get 0 points in any 1 station?

Anyone can enlighten?

To pass:
- At least 1 point each for every station, and
- At least 51 points overall
i.e. If you get 25 points for sit-ups, 50 points for 2.4km run, but 0 points for push-ups, it's considered a fail, even though your overall is more than 51 points.

Partial Retest:
- Only for those you failed to attain at least 1 point for only one static station, but have attained at least 51 points
- Must take within 90 days
- No monetary awards
e.g. The person gets 16 points for sit-ups, 35 points for 2.4km run, but 0 points for push-ups (51 points in total). He may opt to do partial retest for push-ups.

orionmiz

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there a conversion for IPT PPT band from 5 stations to 3 stations?
I took the 5 station IPPT 10 months ago during ICT (start of my window). Recently, I decided to go for IPT and just completed my first session CAT test for the 3 stations version.

NS.sg assigned me a 5 station PPT band to meet?! Anyone encountered this before?

The conversions are as follow:
Former 5-station IPPT: 0
New 3-station IPPT: 1

Former 5-station IPPT: 1
New 3-station IPPT: 2

Former 5-station IPPT: 2, 3 and 4
New 3-station IPPT: 3

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone have the link to the updated scoring format for the 3 station format?

MINDEF's own links are down. i think they updated it just before the system went live, i remember getting a mail about it.

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
anyone have the link to the updated scoring format for the 3 station format?

MINDEF's own links are down. i think they updated it just before the system went live, i remember getting a mail about it.

what do you mean by updating scoring format?

they didn't change the scoring for 3 stations

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
really? i saw something about them updating the scoring table after the pilot tests.

maybe i saw wrong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.