[AMA] I am a veterinarian. Ask me anything :D

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can help me cure my exotic pets :(

Hard leh....coz their physiology and anatomy is very different. They get stressed and die easily and alot of things we dont understand about them.

Best is not to let them fall sick in the first place, so take care of nutrition and husbandry

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toy Poodle has yellowish discharge from her left ears. Other than cleaning it with pet ear lotion & plucking away the inner hairs. What else can I do:s11:

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, You should consider working at the Turf Club b'cos those millionaire will pay you a lot just to look after their champion horses:D

tidess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why my dog like to go outside without me? how to make it stay at home and not go out without me?

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, You should consider working at the Turf Club b'cos those millionaire will pay you a lot just to look after their champion horses:D

siao boh, if anything happen those owners are rich enuff to sue u. Only the best and most experienced surgeons work there, all ang moh one...got some singaporeans also

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it disturbing? Heard the animal knows what you are doing to it...

No. Its very peaceful. Once the stuff goes into the vein, the animal falls asleep and death comes shortly afterwards.

The problem is sometimes at the point of death the animal lose control of the bowel and poo and pee which can be traumatizing for owner

The other problem is in very sick patients, cant get the vein then have to do intracardiac. Most of the time I will gas the animal with anesthetic then do intracardiac so as to not traumatize the owner and patient

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My tortoise is depressed. What would u do if I bring him to u?

Whats the diet like? Whats the environment like? How many tortoise in the tank?

Also bring your pet go see vet ASAP....sometimes they sick and need medicine

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if a vet can attend to all animals.. why can't he treat human ??

A long time ago, human and animal medicine were seen by the same doctor until the age of Renaissance they branch into 2 different discipline. Even with human medicine, it is further split into discipline like dentistry, podiatry, physiotherapy, etc....

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
siao boh, if anything happen those owners are rich enuff to sue u. Only the best and most experienced surgeons work there, all ang moh one...got some singaporeans also

EVERYONE starts off as apprentice.

Besides, whether you're a doctor,vet or engineer...you will still get sued if you mess up:D

Fyi, Do you know how millions of dollars are involved in just 1 race alone(9~12 race per raceday). The WHOLE turfclub is like a GIANT gold mine. I'd have apply for a job there if I were you, it always better than doing a day to day job in a chemical plant where I'm stuck in now:(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.