[AMA] I am a veterinarian. Ask me anything :D

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toy Poodle has yellowish discharge from her left ears. Other than cleaning it with pet ear lotion & plucking away the inner hairs. What else can I do:s11:

Go see a vet?

Your dog may have otitis externa and may require antibiotic ointment. Also given SG so hot and humid and poodles tend to have hairy ear canals you dont want to wait till you get a full blown infection

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE starts off as apprentice.

Besides, whether you're a doctor,vet or engineer...you will still get sued if you mess up:D

Fyi, Do you know how millions of dollars are involved in just 1 race alone(9~12 race per raceday). The WHOLE turfclub is like a GIANT gold mine. I'd have apply for a job there if I were you, it always better than doing a day to day job in a chemical plant where I'm stuck in now:(

Dont want lah, I last time go Turf Club for attachment they offer me a job when I graduate to be a vet. I am not interested in equine medicine and surgery so no thx....

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u cure yourself like normal doc when u sick?

Well, if i am injured i can suture my wounds and i do know about antibiotics, pain relief, bla bla bla

However in peace time I will still defer to human doctors since the medicine we have is tailored made for dogs/cats so the dosage is very different

Take meloxicam for example, it often 5mg per tablet but for humans its about 15mg per tablet. Also the one for dogs has a strong beef taste so i am not eating that sh.t

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont want lah, I last time go Turf Club for attachment they offer me a job when I graduate to be a vet. I am not interested in equine medicine and surgery so no thx....

You're the FIRST man I know who is NOT interested in tons of Money & Hot chicks:eek:

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You're the FIRST man I know who is NOT interested in Money & Hot chicks:eek:

What makes u think other vet career path got no money and hot chicks? Better to do what i love and never having to work another day in my life...

Reaction score
Have you been bitten by your client's pet?

What is the most unusual pets or incident you ever encountered?

What is the most expensive operation ever done?

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you been bitten by your client's pet?

What is the most unusual pets or incident you ever encountered?

What is the most expensive operation ever done?

Yes. F..king chihuahuas

A snake eaten by a mouse

A dental grade 4 cost >$1k

LunaSouL

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) purge fluid?

2) after rigor mortis has set in, it takes a while before it goes away....why are u keeping the body for so long?

Purge fluid is simi? Is it normal for dogs to discharge this purge fluid moments after stop breathing?

She left at 11pm+ tried to call pet cremation service on the 24hr hotline on a fri nite but no ans
So we kept her until next morning :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.