NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

blisterplaster

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got accepted into NUS FASS and NTU Comm studies.

I've alrdy accepted my NUS offer but I just received my offer frm NTU and I wld like to accept my NTU offer instead.

How do I reject my NUS offer after having alrdy accepted it? Can someone help me? :/

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've alrdy accepted my NUS offer but I just received my offer frm NTU and I wld like to accept my NTU offer instead.

How do I reject my NUS offer after having alrdy accepted it? Can someone help me? :/

I think they use the same portal
Once you accept one..it means you reject the others?

whattoputhere

Reaction score
Anyone received offer for NUS RE or PFM already? Anyway does having relevant diploma increase the chance of acceptance?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You should give either NUS or NTU's Admissions office a call. I think they can guide you from there.

bubblesaurr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

U can always change ur mind so as long as u indicate which offer u want to accept before the online joint admission portal close down. The course indicated by you will be deemed as ur final decision after the portal close.

vsdqwerty26

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a JC student, just did my A Levels.
I am very interested in Chemical Engineering in NUS.
According to the IGP 2015, NUS Chemical Enginnering is AAA/B CC (3H2/1H1 GP/PW) minimum.
I got AAB/A **.

In terms of rank points, I just meet the cut-off for the bottom 10% of students in NUS Chem Engg. (83.75 rp)

Do you think I stand a chance?:s11:

Also, what is the key difference between NUS and NTU Chemical Engineering? What would you guys recommend?

blaze_im

Reaction score
Quite hard coz they looking at 3 h2 As. Shud try for ntu

I thought they look into your rank points? (Maybe I'm wrong) As its stated ABC is equivalent to BBB (as both will give same rank pt)? Or they really look into specific h2?

schoolboyz

Reaction score
I thought they look into your rank points? (Maybe I'm wrong) As its stated ABC is equivalent to BBB (as both will give same rank pt)? Or they really look into specific h2?
Yes it's by UAS (Rank Point) & not the grades unless it's otherwise stated for certain courses..

Anariga

Reaction score
They classify by merit. A student with 3 h2 As and 1 h1 b will edge another with 2h2 As 1h2 b and 1h1 A

blaze_im

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a JC student, just did my A Levels.
I am very interested in Chemical Engineering in NUS.
According to the IGP 2015, NUS Chemical Enginnering is AAA/B CC (3H2/1H1 GP/PW) minimum.
I got AAB/A **.

In terms of rank points, I just meet the cut-off for the bottom 10% of students in NUS Chem Engg. (83.75 rp)

Do you think I stand a chance?:s11:

Also, what is the key difference between NUS and NTU Chemical Engineering? What would you guys recommend?

I will not be able to give a definite ans because afterall is the admission office and school will consider, not me. So this is just what I think: you do have a chance because you meet the igp, however have to take note that it depends on the year students who are applying and what grades they actually have because if lets say the course is popular for this year, and majority of people with ues 85 applying for it, then it will be difficult for yours, but if the igp remains as it is, you do stand a chance. So afterall, it really depends on the cohort for this year, I think! (Ps if I'm wrong in saying that)

And I feel that nus chemical engineering considered good if you are the one that look into their ranking position because I think they are ranked 5th in the world? But if you are those that don't bother abt this but rather curriculum or modules etc, then maybe got to ask ppl who study in this field bah. Sry can't help much for this...

Last edited:

cheeyarn

Reaction score
Hello! I went for the Soci interview last year ... which means I'm finishing my first year at NTU soon! :) Anyway, there is a written test first, they you will be given an article and asked to analyse it (ie; what is the main point the author is trying to say? why do you think he/she is writing this article) ...

After you are done, the papers will be collected, then you will wait with other candidates in the room. Profs will come and call your name and you will follow them to your interview!

For me this was the most stressful part cos' I didn't know what to expect initially but the profs (I had two, hahaha special case, usually it's just one!) who interviewed me were very nice! :) They asked me about current affairs, or what I knew was happening in recent news. It happened to be one day after Thailand imposed martial law last year, so I talked about that and they asked me if I felt it was a coup or not :p After that, I also talked about MH370 (cos it was also quite recent from last year) and the Sewol ferry sinking, and they asked me what I could relate to from these two incidents ...

Then moving on, they asked me a few personal questions (why Soci etc), and I remembered the last question was what my hobbies were. By then I was quite relaxed, so I said "reading ... and uh, does cooking count?" and the profs just chuckled and that was it! :p

Good luck! :D

Thank you very much for your reply.. My interview went very well and I am really hopeful to get into NTU sociology.. Your help is greatly appreciated.. May i know how long after your interview the acceptance letter arrived?

TAYTAYTAY

Reaction score
Alamak till now still bo news from any uni...

Applied for NUS, NTU & SMU biz with 5 sem GPA of 3.79. Uploaded final GPA of 3.82 to NTU & SMU portals.

Still got chance annot huh? 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.