Honda Vezel vs Honda HRV

OPEL184

Reaction score
Hi,
Would like to know from you experts:

What is the differences in term of spec.
Which is better buy, vezel (PI) or hrv (sole agt) ?

Thanks

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hrv thai but vezel is PI. If you want AD warranty assurance then HRV lo. HRV have spare tyre but not much difference will put in storeroom for most cases. Outlook is almost all same. I would go for HRV for the local warranty. PI vezel recently so many run road I also scared unless is very reputable PI lor

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hrv thai but vezel is PI. If you want AD warranty assurance then HRV lo. HRV have spare tyre but not much difference will put in storeroom for most cases. Outlook is almost all same. I would go for HRV for the local warranty. PI vezel recently so many run road I also scared unless is very reputable PI lor
When you mention PI Vezel run road, means there are people who paid for vezel and never get it?

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
those who got the Vezel before the HR-V was launched should be relieved.

With the HR-V launched, there seems to be a tagging to the AD price to ensure that it is "still cheaper".

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honda is like BMW, only among the Japanese brands.. or it is trying. So the HRV will be overpriced like other models Kah Motors are offering.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honda Vezel are brought in from Japan by local PI
Honda HR-V are assembled in Thailand distributed by AD (Kah Motor)

Honda Vezel uses DOHC engine for G, X and S and also hybrid
Honda HR-V is SOHC engine for the 1.5, LX and LX Premium, no news about hybrid HR-V

PI workshops not many options
AD workshops listed 6 locations and one for body/paint repair at Ubi

If price not a concern... can consider HR-V

If got budget ... Go PI

But come July when CEVS kicks in and Vezel comes with dunno what 'improved' version (not facelift)... I think the price may narrow between PI Vezel and AD HR-V

Can you wait to take that gamble?

Spee_Dy

Reaction score
seems like a very popular model.
saw alot on the roads.

whats the price difference between these 2?

if not much i rather go for the HRV.
at least any issues can go back AD.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
seems like a very popular model.
saw alot on the roads.

whats the price difference between these 2?

if not much i rather go for the HRV.
at least any issues can go back AD.
edited. ....

Last edited:

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I like the honda drive also personally better than toyota but the latter give me much better FC although engine not as smooth as honda. Times are tough if honda prices similar to toyota sure go for honda one :(

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
HRV 1.5 LX version
1. SOHC engine (similar honda city engine) 118bhp & 145Nm
2. Heard its 2 airbags?

Vezel 1.5 X version
1. DOHC engine 129bhp & 155Nm
2. 8 airbags

both model are the mid range tier.. for me these are the 2 main reasons why i chose Vezel over HRV.. driving Vezel for 2.5 mths and hitting 16-18km/litre with 60 highway 40 city drive..

smeagoly

Reaction score
Got my Vezel last Friday, loving it. An excellent car all around. For once a Honda is priced at a similar or better price point than Toyota. I'll recommend getting Vezel over HRV as it's made in Japan, with slightly better engine and more airbags, not to mention it's alot cheaper. The only thing is to go for a reputable PI who can deliver on time.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my Vezel last Friday, loving it. An excellent car all around. For once a Honda is priced at a similar or better price point than Toyota. I'll recommend getting Vezel over HRV as it's made in Japan, with slightly better engine and more airbags, not to mention it's alot cheaper. The only thing is to go for a reputable PI who can deliver on time.

Which PI? X or S version? :D

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HRV 1.5 LX version
1. SOHC engine (similar honda city engine) 118bhp & 145Nm
2. Heard its 2 airbags?

Vezel 1.5 X version
1. DOHC engine 129bhp & 155Nm
2. 8 airbags

both model are the mid range tier.. for me these are the 2 main reasons why i chose Vezel over HRV.. driving Vezel for 2.5 mths and hitting 16-18km/litre with 60 highway 40 city drive..

Interesting. Like that looks quite silly to go HRV liao. Unless you are super low risk taker die die want local warranty.

Any differences in interior quality?

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Like that looks quite silly to go HRV liao. Unless you are super low risk taker die die want local warranty.

Any differences in interior quality?

HRV comes with in-built HU and Vezel depending on the brand of HU the PI is giving u eg. Pioneer and Alpine or other brands.. thats the main difference of the interior ba.. quality wise shld be similar

Oh ya dunno whether its helpful anot saw on a brochure the max speed of HRV is 220km/h? coz Vezel is max at 180km/h..

rstopel

Master Member
Reaction score
I also recommend vezel. Buying one direct from Japan. S type. I like the pedal shifter. No hassle with Pi just have to deal with LTA

Sent from Xiaomi HM NOTE 1LTE using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.