Exorbitant data roaming charges

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you were told to hook up to the right network,so what's the issue? even if you received the 3 sms,you might come back complaining you did not expect charges to be so high as the sms did not state how much you have incur.

You know how to subscribe unlimited dataroam yet you do not know how to ensure you stay at the right network?!

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
I always advise my friends to tune to the correct network while on manual.

Cant stand people who write as if they have not made a single mistake. Come on, own up to your mistake and perhaps Singtel will try to help. Trying to be stubborn is really very irritating to others.

maxheadroom

Reaction score
I will fully disagree with you.
If U see alot of these case happen, it mean that it a sale gimmick.
I am a former singtel user. During my trip to Indonesia, i was told to just hook to this network when I land on the airport. I was using nokia & although I manual select indosa & monitor it always on this network, the bill also shock me costing me to be $800 then.

This time round, the singtel help desk wanting me to own up it my fault, telling me that there is a record. T
Dont Ever... EVER believe that the singtel will be helping you...to less off your bill... they never.

I always advise my friends to tune to the correct network while on manual.

Cant stand people who write as if they have not made a single mistake. Come on, own up to your mistake and perhaps Singtel will try to help. Trying to be stubborn is really very irritating to others.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will fully disagree with you.
If U see alot of these case happen, it mean that it a sale gimmick.
I am a former singtel user. During my trip to Indonesia, i was told to just hook to this network when I land on the airport. I was using nokia & although I manual select indosa & monitor it always on this network, the bill also shock me costing me to be $800 then.

This time round, the singtel help desk wanting me to own up it my fault, telling me that there is a record. T
Dont Ever... EVER believe that the singtel will be helping you...to less off your bill... they never.

isn't singtel indonesia partner telkomsel? why did you login indosat?

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
SingTel Roaming

Extracted from above website:............. Always go to website for latest details... Pricing and spec and T&C may change tomorrow :)

$15/day - Choose one of the following:
Australia - Optus
Hong Kong - CSL
India - Bharti Airtel
Indonesia - Telkomsel
Macau - CTM
Malaysia - Maxis
Philippines - Globe Telecom
South Korea - SK Telecom
Taiwan - Taiwan Mobile
Thailand - AIS

Subscription waived..

Unlimited data access for DataRoam Saver (Daily) Plan is only applicable for customers roaming in one destination on preferred network. If you are logged on to a non-preferred network, the prevailing data roaming charges will apply.
is up to $15 or regardless i use 1mb or 1 gb also $15?

LexenZ

Reaction score
Once you subscribe, it is $15 per day regardless of data usage.. But note that you must connnect to the preferred network. :)

So does that mean when they sms-ed me the network which is Malaysia-Maxis, I must switch my carrier settings to manual and search manually for maxis when I'm at malaysia?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So does that mean when they sms-ed me the network which is Malaysia-Maxis, I must switch my carrier settings to manual and search manually for maxis when I'm at malaysia?

Yeah search manually and select the partner network so it will locked to the network wherever you go.

ekin101

Reaction score
Please download mysingtel app... Click on Roaming tab... Check Network Lock.. This would have ensured data is disabled once your not on preferred network..

You can also call 1688 to ensure network lock is there..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.