Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those people kept saying cgw overcharge are ignorance..
there's a ***** Live Quote option for you to quote your package before you purchase.... the quote will guarantee the price of the parcel...

Others like vpost you may get overcharge, but it will never happen on comgateway. please freaking use the "live quote" function..

http://www.comgateway.com/2012/live-quote.do?4403cgtyxsd=fJ5uBD6JidAyAgNbUIAzBhpZnvc=
please use it before complaining

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently, I decided to buy some stuffs from Amazon, because even with shipping charges the items are still cheaper than in singapore.
I did some calculation on the shipping cost by myself, based on the shipping weight described on Amazon with the shipping rates on vpost, and vpost has bundling options which will waive the base charge. And example shown on vpost, the cost for shipping a jean is less than 20 SGD. So I decided to try vpost n start shopping on Amazon.
I bought a few pairs of shoes n sweatshirts for myself and my daughter n a big stroller for my daughter (should be less than 80 SGD to ship back to singapore by sea freight based on my calculation).
And then the vpost magic comes... as the items are reaching to vpost US location, I was shocked. A jacket for my daughter, the actual weight is 0.5kg (later was told by customer service only 0.2kg), vpost charge me at 1.1kg, and when I called and asked why, the customer service switched to robot mode..talking about volumetric weight n my package dimension blah blah... and one sentence she kept repeating is that's in our terms n conditions....and there no other option for me since the items are already in their location, I have to ship or just leave there n after 21 days they will start charging me for storage....
ok I am too stupid to believe in those amazing examples on how I can save cost to ship with vpost.... but not smart enough to calcukate the volumn of my package, BTW,from where I can know the shipping dimension? Even I try to find out from Amazon, how in the hell do I know to compute the volumetric weight??? since when the it becomes so complicated?
And then some more magics come.. a pair of running shoes whose actual weight is only 1kg was charged at 2kg. Another pair of shoes also weighted at 1kg, was charged 1.5kg and it claimed that vpost did repack for me and helo me to save 3.4kg, so I have to thank vpost for the great saving of the cost which I even do not know where it come from...
Now I start concerning my daughter's stroller, just hoping it will not be too magical. The total shipping cost I can foresee now should be at least doubled.. and I have no way to cancel them as Amazon already shipped.
Just for the other people reference, make a calculation before you use vpost... if you do not know how to calculate the volunmetric weight, so far I haven't figured it out, then maybe try to ask before buying. Once you shipped to their location, you do not have many options already.
And another example, I also bought a 40L travel backpack n a swiss army multi tools, it only cost me 10 USD, to ship back to Singapore (because these 2 are eligible for global shipping), that's why I thought vpost should not be too ex, which proved I was wrong...

sJ8WWY6.png

Source

zodiac21

Reaction score
those people kept saying cgw overcharge are ignorance..
there's a ***** Live Quote option for you to quote your package before you purchase.... the quote will guarantee the price of the parcel...

Others like vpost you may get overcharge, but it will never happen on comgateway. please freaking use the "live quote" function..

http://www.comgateway.com/2012/live-quote.do?4403cgtyxsd=fJ5uBD6JidAyAgNbUIAzBhpZnvc=
please use it before complaining

Yeah, agree with your thoughts. You can't ask a airplane to ship a cargo of styrofoam (light items) and pay peanuts for it. Volumetric or physical weight is more like a standard charge for all air shipment.

But somehow I find CGW live quote very troublesome hassle as well.
Course need to email and talk for all your purchases. ZZzz...
Also dun like comgateway course they always charged for repacking.

So i bail out and switch over to gshipexpress. Free repacking to smallest size for all my purchase. So no need live quote. Just buy and get it shipped.
They do the repacking.. So quite peaceful shopping over my side.

Cheers

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, agree with your thoughts. You can't ask a airplane to ship a cargo of styrofoam (light items) and pay peanuts for it. Volumetric or physical weight is more like a standard charge for all air shipment.

But somehow I find CGW live quote very troublesome hassle as well.
Course need to email and talk for all your purchases. ZZzz...
Also dun like comgateway course they always charged for repacking.

So i bail out and switch over to gshipexpress. Free repacking to smallest size for all my purchase. So no need live quote. Just buy and get it shipped.
They do the repacking.. So quite peaceful shopping over my side.

Cheers
have you tried their freaking live quote?
between 8am to 10pm, just freaking click on the link http://www.comgateway.com/2012/live-quote.do?4403cgtyxsd=fJ5uBD6JidAyAgNbUIAzBhpZnvc= and give them the merchant product id.

It takes me only 10second? no email is required.. how is it troublesome

gshipexpress price seems to be cheaper than comgateway though, migh try it next time

Last edited:

zodiac21

Reaction score

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few items is ok. But normally i have 20+..
So a long list to go..
about s$4/kg...from your experience with gship, do they charge a small pkg as min. 0.5kg, or do they add as actual measure weight, say 0.06kg for an envelope of small item?

For repacking, do they unpack everything after you confirmed finish consolation, and place into their own predetermined box and bill you according to it? or repack every item as they arrived and item delivered in smaller pkgs?

Last edited:

ambasnakeman

Reaction score
Need help. I did a sea shipping transaction on 4th apr at vpost. Today, 8th I receive a promo from Citibank giving 20% discount n free vCard. I paid 600 initially. I called vpost to cancel the shipment as I jus received the promo today. And they simply told me that I can't as item has been shipped. But the status does not show that it has shipped.

What can I do?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help. I did a sea shipping transaction on 4th apr at vpost. Today, 8th I receive a promo from Citibank giving 20% discount n free vCard. I paid 600 initially. I called vpost to cancel the shipment as I jus received the promo today. And they simply told me that I can't as item has been shipped. But the status does not show that it has shipped.

What can I do?
You can call to plead, but likely they won't help.

zodiac21

Reaction score
about s$4/kg...from your experience with gship, do they charge a small pkg as min. 0.5kg, or do they add as actual measure weight, say 0.06kg for an envelope of small item?

For repacking, do they unpack everything after you confirmed finish consolation, and place into their own predetermined box and bill you according to it? or repack every item as they arrived and item delivered in smaller pkgs?

Their min. charge is 0.5kg and their shipping is charge in every 0.5kg block. (same as CGW) For me, I am alright with the min. 0.5kg, as normally all my shipments are bulky type.

For repacking, from what I understand. They repack every pkgs upon arrival at warehouse to smaller size. I suppose is removing all the air-space or bulky packaging. But I dun think they do consolidation of your selected packages into a single box for shipment. All my shipment arrived as several individual pkgs.

But what i like for Gshipexpress, repacking is free and no action require from my end. Been using them for 3 mths, all my pkgs arrive on time and quite packed. overall, still happy with the service.

feist_

Reaction score

What can I do?

did you try calling? How did it go? I actually tried calling them before cos i made a mistake and they just refused to help. Begging/Threats did no help at all. if you successfully did it, you shld share how :)

and to them they say it is shipped, but their tracker really sucks. like item can be sitting in my house for past 4 hours, but tracker still not updated.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks, zodiac21 for the details.
rate about the same cgw (before 20% discount),with the big benefit of free repack. Have gship been offering discount coupon codes? I see it good for Amazon fulfilled boxes.

What good with 65dg is that, there's no base charge, and its vkg is as per measured, meaning you can have a few mini pkgs, and they cost you 1kg (S$9) only, aggregate rounded to the next 0.5kg. Thus good for small pkgs without minimal or no consolidation. Downside is self collection at designated points (good for daytime empty houses).

In the end, choose forwarders according to what you expect of the merchants' packagings

Last edited:

zodiac21

Reaction score
thanks, zodiac21 for the details.
rate about the same cgw (before 20% discount),with the big benefit of free repack. Have gship been offering discount coupon codes? I see it good for Amazon fulfilled boxes.

What good with 65dg is that, there's no base charge, and its vkg is as per measured, meaning you can have a few mini pkgs, and they cost you 1kg (S$9) only, aggregate rounded to the next 0.5kg. Thus good for small pkgs without minimal or no consolidation. Downside is self collection at designated points (good for daytime empty houses).

In the end, choose forwarders according to what you expect of the merchants' packagings

So far, I never receive any gshipexpress email on their discount code. But they got give free US$15 credit one time though... haha.. use that to offset my shipment fee. Better than nothing.

But one thing that I must say. Even though CGW or Vpost have discount code frequently. Their repacking fee and their service is enough to turn me off. So I will not switch back to them just to enjoy the benefits of % discount. Later make my blood boil again with the repacking debate and still pay for repacking fee.

I know about 65dg which original from taobao. But I hear that their USA shipment often have some issue. Read some negative reviews but not sure about the actual performance. Anyone have experience using their USA shipments ? Care to share.

zeppelin

Reaction score
have you tried their freaking live quote?
between 8am to 10pm, just freaking click on the link http://www.comgateway.com/2012/live-quote.do?4403cgtyxsd=fJ5uBD6JidAyAgNbUIAzBhpZnvc= and give them the merchant product id.

It takes me only 10second? no email is required.. how is it troublesome

gshipexpress price seems to be cheaper than comgateway though, migh try it next time

Bro you can don't bother changing, I've used both calculator on each site and both produces same charges of US15 1kg base on my valued product at US180.

So I went for CGW because I've already registered with them.

OlympicDreamer

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Torker-Unistar-LX-Unicycle/dp/B00A9UZKHO

For this unicycle(24"), which service should i use? Approximately how much will it cost?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Torker-Unistar-LX-Unicycle/dp/B00A9UZKHO

For this unicycle(24"), which service should i use? Approximately how much will it cost?

Amazon shipping weight already 25lbs ( 11+ kg), expect them to pack in a gigantic box, likely 20vkg, and pay for repacking., which likely come up to 10vkg (provided bike is shipped un-assembled). Shd be good to try gship (free repack). Then again, not worth paying about $100 shipping for this item.

OlympicDreamer

Reaction score
Amazon shipping weight already 25lbs ( 11+ kg), expect them to pack in a gigantic box, likely 20vkg, and pay for repacking., which likely come up to 10vkg (provided bike is shipped un-assembled). Shd be good to try gship (free repack). Then again, not worth paying about $100 shipping for this item.

Very very expensive.. 150$ +

Amazon international shipping 80 usd I think..

Maybe I will visit a unicycle shop in SG

stargemini22

Reaction score
So far, I never receive any gshipexpress email on their discount code. But they got give free US$15 credit one time though... haha.. use that to offset my shipment fee. Better than nothing.

But one thing that I must say. Even though CGW or Vpost have discount code frequently. Their repacking fee and their service is enough to turn me off. So I will not switch back to them just to enjoy the benefits of % discount. Later make my blood boil again with the repacking debate and still pay for repacking fee.

I know about 65dg which original from taobao. But I hear that their USA shipment often have some issue. Read some negative reviews but not sure about the actual performance. Anyone have experience using their USA shipments ? Care to share.

Used to use cgw and their repacking services until one fine day one of my items got lost and evidence prove to cgw staff pocketing the item. Went through quite a bit of problem just to 'prove' to them that the item was lost at their end. And at the end of it all, ZERO apology was given. Rather disappointed with them and never use them ever again.

Now using borderlinx and citibank gives out discount occasionally so it was great. Also tried hopshopgo once before knowing that it is a spin-off from cgw. Will stop as well. Gonna try out gshipexpress now to see how it goes.

Last edited:

OlympicDreamer

Reaction score
Used to use cgw and their repacking services until one fine day one of my items got lost and evidence prove to cgw staff pocketing the item. Went through quite a bit of problem just to 'prove' to them that the item was lost at their end. And at the end of it all, ZERO apology was given. Rather disappointed with them and never use them ever again.

Now using borderlinx and citibank gives out discount occasionally so it was great. Also tried hopshopgo once before knowing that it is a spin-off from cgw. Will stop as well. Gonna try out gshipexpress now to see how it goes.

What did you lose?

kokitty

Reaction score

This is a cause for concern cos i use cgw a fair bit... Would you mind elaborating how you managed to prove that cgw staff pocketed the item??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.