Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To kweeli,

If the Daikin sys 3 is for using back existing piping, then its overpriced... :(

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. Can easily get cheaper if use back existing piping but best best option is to reinstall new copper n plastic pipe.

elginlye

Reaction score
one more thing, to be suspected on compressor or indoor fan motor an issue..
if system 2 and above still can check on each room and compare the airflow does meet on each room, if few room still the same way and blowing hot air, then the only way for claim on new compressor will do, unless the service guy they has touch the outdoor connections before.

Topup gas today (47th month,~yr4)..actually realized also had a previous gas topup at 25th month also.

Service guy explained gas topup ~every 2yrs can be expected..unlike fridge which is sealed system, aircon has nut connections at compressor and FCUs, ie prone to leaks over time.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Topup gas today (47th month,~yr4)..actually realized also had a previous gas topup at 25th month also.

Service guy explained gas topup ~every 2yrs can be expected..unlike fridge which is sealed system, aircon has nut connections at compressor and FCUs, ie prone to leaks over time.

Everything was related to workmanship, a better job done, even 5 to 10 yrs still not an issue.

Just depend how is the exprience when they connections the nuts, some they worried to fall down with compressor together rather than quickly done and didn't check with bubble test before to handing over.

So the future has many troubleshoot to be solve. :D

Witch King

Master Member
Reaction score
Which aircon system is better in term of ease of maintenance, durable and energy efficient?

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I intending to have 4 aircon units (3 bedroom + 1 living rm).
Main use in MBR for now (and likely won't use it every night, some nights just use to cool the room down etc); living room only when guests over or super hot day or haze day.
Should be getting ME, but not too sure in terms of configuration.
Should I get one system 3 (for the 3 BRs) + one just for the LR; or a system 4? The 1st setup cost like 1k more, is it worth it cos will save electical bills compared to system 4?
And if system 4, is 3A28VA enough? or need 4A38VA ?
Looking at 9k for each of the BRs and either 18k/24k for the living room.
Also, let me know if any special promotions or sale for aircon ongoing now, shd b buying in the next wk or two.
Thanks much .

Hi Kim and Terumo, my questions is very similar to Gaoz7 what about if my isolator is based on 20A?
Does that mean that i can go for the 4A38VA?

Can i also know what are the pro and con or getting a system 4 vs a 3+1 in this case if i mostly on the mbr aircon at night at 27 degree?

By the way, it is advisable to turn on fan mode without the aircon to treat it as a fan?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Kim and Terumo, my questions is very similar to Gaoz7 what about if my isolator is based on 20A?
Does that mean that i can go for the 4A38VA?

Can i also know what are the pro and con or getting a system 4 vs a 3+1 in this case if i mostly on the mbr aircon at night at 27 degree?

By the way, it is advisable to turn on fan mode without the aircon to treat it as a fan?

Mind to share what is your home type or have any floor plan?

System 3 like ME 3A28VA able to supply on 3 rooms for turn on at same time, the current was lock at limitations on 8.5A, configuration base on 10k x 2 + 13k btu, from the temp setting on 25C with low fan speed = very sifficient already.

Add addition single split for your opinion how big of the btu do you want?
18k or 24k? If 24k without current limitation from 1830w by ME inverter + 1900w ME system 3.

Total for 3760w = 15.1Amp, again your Aircon ledge enough space to place for 2 compressor at same place?

If getting 4A38VA ME just remove the current limit the compressor can hit up 38k Btu, I don't think will be underpower than getting 3 + 1.

Also ME 4A38VA compressor size just 900x900mm only.
Can fit at any place even without Aircon ledge or window got clearance height for loaded out.

IF ME 4A38VA with current limitations still able to cooling n supply for 4 rooms base on 10x 3 + 13k btu configuration setup.

Just look at this from outdoor compressor very huge size
BBCCD9A4-B1FD-4DE2-9C81-F9EB548F5FF5_zpswmh19c0a.jpg

Space is the required.

Last edited:

Adelyte

Reaction score
Guys,

I looking for a system 3 that is long lasting. My current System 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industry died on me and the current Mitsubishi Electric aka StarMex have condensation issues after 4~5yrs.. anything to recommend? I planning to replace the piping and everything.

My aircon guys wanna do system test again and it will take months to resolve as suspect leak on the piping. I just dont trust them and want the nightmare to end!:(

Btw Best Tech service SUCKS! The piping skill is rubbish... This is not the 1st time. :(

I thinking of Daikin but dunno the service is good with fair price.

Go with daikin, my units 15yrs still runnning. Servicing only once after 9yrs of usage (too dirty, needs chemical wash).

mid usage, everyday abt 8hrs.

:s12:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro kimsim, remember about the filter cloth on the filter that I brought ?

Just wondering when do you need to change out ?

Thanks.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Bro kimsim, remember about the filter cloth on the filter that I brought ?

Just wondering when do you need to change out ?

Thanks.

Is depend how dusty to block on that Daiso filters at all..
For me I will do regular on every 3 months and simple maintenace and change for new that so.

terumo

Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

If your block electrical loading has been upgraded, then you can install the 4a38, if not, its advisable not to.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is depend how dusty to block on that Daiso filters at all..
For me I will do regular on every 3 months and simple maintenace and change for new that so.

Thanks, just check my living room and bedroom. Both still clean.

rjHOBCI.jpg

RBJjPs3.jpg

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look like turning dark already wow
I guess it got lot of bacterial :D

But no dust yet. I think better not take out too often. My nose very sensitive............:o

OK, I will changed after 3 months.

elginlye

Reaction score
Everything was related to workmanship, a better job done, even 5 to 10 yrs still not an issue.

Just depend how is the exprience when they connections the nuts, some they worried to fall down with compressor together rather than quickly done and didn't check with bubble test before to handing over.

So the future has many troubleshoot to be solve. :D

Makes sense. I also feel topup gas every 2yrs is not quite right.
Qns seeking advice (Thanks!):
1. Should I do a leak test & rectify? How much does a leak test cost?
2. Is leak test also done at FCU end?
2. I had reused small sections of R22 copper piping as these were concealed, could this contribute to the leak?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Makes sense. I also feel topup gas every 2yrs is not quite right.
Qns seeking advice (Thanks!):
1. Should I do a leak test & rectify? How much does a leak test cost?
2. Is leak test also done at FCU end?
2. I had reused small sections of R22 copper piping as these were concealed, could this contribute to the leak?

IF wanna fully solve were trim all FCU copper pipes and solder all on 4 units, follow by trim outdoor all gas pipes and flared again with bubble test then just no problem at all :)

Cause R22 is lower pressure also unknown the existing copper was what gauge, if lower than G23 should be same as your case.

terumo

Reaction score
To elginlye,

Topping up gas once every 2 years is still acceptable.
I think you can ignore it and just top up.
If it happens < 6 months once, then maybe you can consider to do some repair works to it.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

If your block electrical loading has been upgraded, then you can install the 4a38, if not, its advisable not to.

mine is new flat where the total amp is 40A per unit. then at the mcb side is 20A for isolator and share with water heater is 20A. like that ok for 4a38?

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope so..do rmb maintenance 4times a years is a must for GC warranty and have to be BCA approve and have to keep the black and white receipt to show when have problem with the Aircon within the warranty periods.. many bad after sales service heard from many friends

i just bought system 3 from GC and their extended warranty.

need maintenance 4 times ? the salesperson nv tell me this condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.