Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

xuan87

Reaction score
The ADEL module was designed to protect your ears from pneumatic pressure. ADEL module has an open port. You will hear ambience similar to a semi-open headphone.

If I use my fingers to cover both ADEL self-tuning module ports, I get total seal/isolation.

There is a variable ADEL module (which will be provided later) where you can adjust the ambience or close the module. I don't think people buying ADEL will close it.

To my ears, A12 sound quality is very good with ADEL at semi-ambience.

As for my fit issue, right side CIEM trying to expand my ear. Thus, painful.

Can you comment on the difference in sound with the port open and with the port closed? I'm interested to find out how much improvement to the sound the ADEL module can provide.

csmcyw77

Reaction score
Can you comment on the difference in sound with the port open and with the port closed? I'm interested to find out how much improvement to the sound the ADEL module can provide.

Currently, my A12 shipped with non-variable ADEL module fixed at "semi-ambience" position, at what percentage is not disclosed yet. The variable ADEL module will ship later.

Port open vs port closed? Sorry, I'm not going to use blu-tack to cover the ports. I didn't buy ADEL to close it.

ADEL system is a "movable" lens in another bole/tube added to IEM/CIEM. Obvious to me, IEM/CIEM with ADEL in closed position is not the same as almost identical IEM/CIEM without ADEL. "how much improvement to the sound the ADEL module can provide" is speculative for now, i.e. how to compare?

Best that you audition the IEM or universal CIEM demo with variable ADEL module when available.

xuan87

Reaction score
Currently, my A12 shipped with non-variable ADEL module fixed at "semi-ambience" position, at what percentage is not disclosed yet. The variable ADEL module will ship later.

Port open vs port closed? Sorry, I'm not going to use blu-tack to cover the ports. I didn't buy ADEL to close it.

ADEL system is a "movable" lens in another bole/tube added to IEM/CIEM. Obvious to me, IEM/CIEM with ADEL in closed position is not the same as almost identical IEM/CIEM without ADEL. "how much improvement to the sound the ADEL module can provide" is speculative for now, i.e. how to compare?

Best that you audition the IEM or universal CIEM demo with variable ADEL module when available.

Oh I wasn't expecting you to cover your CIEM with blu-tack, thought you can just use your fingers to close the ports and do a quick comparison.

Of course, I'm also assuming that a CIEM with a closed ADEL port will sound identical to the same CIEM WITHOUT an ADEL port.

I'll wait for the demo units then and do my own testing. Thanks!

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your should be wondering "Will Fitear use ADEL?". 1964Ears is the first CIEM company to use ADEL (Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens) technology.

Fitear is kinda future proof, unless Adel can really beat fitear in terms of sound quality, using new tech or what also doesn't matter.

csmcyw77

Reaction score
Fitear is kinda future proof, unless Adel can really beat fitear in terms of sound quality, using new tech or what also doesn't matter.

How can FitEar beat ADEL or vice versa? :s11:

FYI, ADEL is not a driver, it doesn't produce sound.

destrozer

Reaction score

Can you at least research on what ADEL is, before you keep going on about beat this beat that.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you at least research on what ADEL is, before you keep going on about beat this beat that.

No matter what, wait for the demo then judge ba. Don't need research into technical specs 1. What matters is the sound

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
coldstar maybe can update first few post with new ciem offerings from eudk companies like vision ears ve5/customart ei.3/rhine custom monitors stage 7. and when will demo for livezoner41 be coming in as well?

ve5(1 x low, 2 x mids, 1 x high-mid, 1 x high) seems interesting to me. considering that ve6xc is my most preferred ciem till now. (but the price too exp)

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Everywhere this bugger goes, I see a trail of Fitear carnage behind him.
Is there no other custom brands other than Fitear?

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score

i also divert the direction to other brands already you still mention the legendary f word.

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score

Not forgetting A&K and a tint of W300 to smokescreen ppl to think he is not a fulltime diehard fitear fan

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not forgetting A&K and a tint of W300 to smokescreen ppl to think he is not a fulltime diehard fitear fan

Ak No horse run as well. Says the one who uses tg 334, mh 334 and 435. ????

Last edited:

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coldstar maybe can update first few post with new ciem offerings from eudk companies like vision ears ve5/customart ei.3/rhine custom monitors stage 7. and when will demo for livezoner41 be coming in as well?

ve5(1 x low, 2 x mids, 1 x high-mid, 1 x high) seems interesting to me. considering that ve6xc is my most preferred ciem till now. (but the price too exp)

I will update soon, but very busy these days (studying for uni exams and managing a business at the same time).

Livezone R41 demo units already in, but LZ8 broke.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.