Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my inital impression of 640XL, it is a solid mid tier 5.7inch smartphone that offers good value and i can see the potential for office email / simple word editing on the go. (Free Office 365 for 1st yr)

though the back is still made of plastic, it is not the cheapo glossy type, or slippery type, u hold it, u know u are holding a smartphone, not just a light weight toy.

opening up apps, is smooth, no visible lag time, camera is good - ZEISS lens :D

i have taken some pics to share , comparing to size of L1020 ... the physical size is a bit smaller than 1520 and lighter as well

hopefully, i can get a set to review in detail in the very near future :D

jkOD1rfmZbeHz.jpg

jbjs7O3pYRT4Vz.jpg

jbr3ps4qAsRZE2.jpg

j14eakWyOFMoy.jpg

jru1IwocV7bcU.jpg

jU2nHTN2mxvqu.jpg

Can't see in office.... bookmarked!

May I know if Cyan color will be available upon launch? Or it will come only at later dates?? Thanks!

Last edited:

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free for 01 Laptop/Desktop and your iPad also.

Must activate before 14th August 2015 hor ... don't say never wong u. :p

thanks for the "wong-ing" thats a good steal if can use on so many platform for 1 year. 60minute skype is the best steal as i always call my china relative haha

but i am actually looking for dual sim model instead of single sim.

anyone can confirm tat dual sim will be available in sg also?

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Still no news ah?? April approaching...

Sent from Windows phone Lumia 640 using GAGT

Like I mention in the Sony Thread.... they can market it as a superb can fly can swim device.... but if they don't bring the damn thing in.... we can only drool and wow over the internet.... we don't get to own it.. they don't get to sell it... the market share won't increase....

Unlike maker like Sam...... they tickle our balls with the next model... get you excited.... saliva dripping... within month... they are on the shelf....

Waiting for Windows phone is like 牛朗与织女......... got to wait long long....

Last edited:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like I mention in the Sony Thread.... they can market it as a superb can fly can swim device.... but if they don't bring the damn thing in.... we can only drool and wow over the internet.... we don't get to own it.. they don't get to sell it... the market share won't increase....

Unlike maker like Sam...... they tickle our balls with the next model... get you excited.... saliva dripping... within month... they are on the shelf....

Coming soon liao. Was told official date to see this sexy is on 18th April.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya. You got a point there as well. I thought only flagships will be slow, but seems like every model is a slow coach for MS. That's not good at all.

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Coming soon liao. Was told official date to see this sexy is on 18th April.

Hopefully Bro..... all the major brand already launch or launching their flag ship model.... MS mid range model no where in sight..... sigh.... don't even dare to think how long they take to bring in the flagship.... :s11:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Bro..... all the major brand already launch or launching their flag ship model.... MS mid range model no where in sight..... sigh.... don't even dare to think how long they take to bring in the flagship.... :s11:
Was told, the wait for flagship device will only end when WP10 is officially released.

So for now, we can only hold on to our existing flagships or temporary find one mid range device to play with - points to the Lumia 830.

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for the news.... BTW 1 quick qn. I see no dedicated camera button for 640 XL. So how can we quick launch camera now? Or can't do anymore?

Sent from The Dallas Buyers Money Sucking Club using GAGT

Hi Kopi22,

yes there will be no hardbutton for camera on the Lumia 640 or 640XL.

The quick launch would be on the LIVE TILE or the "short-cut" button if you have set your device to Windows Phone 10.

The phone is due to be launched this week, 18th April 2015 with one year free Office 365 (IMHO is the killer freebie) + 12 months of 60mins SKYPE Intl Calling + 1TB of OneDrive Storage.

Priced at S$429, it is truly gonna be a highly competitive phone for the market.

We have tested out the phone's camera, it is definitely decent enough, plus the front camera is like the Lumia 730 - superb for selfies. (though I must say, SELFIE TAKING IS A DISEASE! Stop taking selfies!!!)

Ibodnano

Reaction score
Hi Kopi22,

yes there will be no hardbutton for camera on the Lumia 640 or 640XL.

The quick launch would be on the LIVE TILE or the "short-cut" button if you have set your device to Windows Phone 10.

The phone is due to be launched this week, 18th April 2015 with one year free Office 365 (IMHO is the killer freebie) + 12 months of 60mins SKYPE Intl Calling + 1TB of OneDrive Storage.

Priced at S$429, it is truly gonna be a highly competitive phone for the market.

We have tested out the phone's camera, it is definitely decent enough, plus the front camera is like the Lumia 730 - superb for selfies. (though I must say, SELFIE TAKING IS A DISEASE! Stop taking selfies!!!)

$429 for xl?
How much is 640?

bitwise

Reaction score
10250281_989756427709077_4060380066589947207_n.png

This should be the only one time i will respond to you iBodNano because you weren't trolling.

And thank you for that.

Any info on telcom offers? If the XL will be priced for 100$ in my current plan, I might get this and just buy the flagship phone in full price on W10 launch.

My 920 (I might have been dropping it more now just to have an excuse to get a new phone but the damn thing keeps on working) contract was finished last December and I need to play with a new toy.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10250281_989756427709077_4060380066589947207_n.png

This should be the only one time i will respond to you iBodNano because you weren't trolling.

And thank you for that.

Wow... 640 is really much cheaper.... I was expecting XL to be less than 400 though... :(

Regardless, XL is a very attractive mid-tier model. BTW, where can I purchase one without contract? I'm still trying to make up my mind between Cyan or White....

Last edited:

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
Wow... 640 is really much cheaper.... I was expecting XL to be less than 400 though... :(

Regardless, XL is a very attractive mid-tier model. BTW, where can I purchase one without contract? I'm still trying to make up my mind between Cyan or White....

same thought on the XL's price

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
The last we spoke to MSFT guys, these devices will be available island wide with major telcos.

And confirmed that Lumia Stores will be selling them.

Of course, u can check your friendly handphone dealers like @Adix82 if he is bringing them in?

:)

As for me, I am gonna get 640XL. Size does matter.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last we spoke to MSFT guys, these devices will be available island wide with major telcos.

And confirmed that Lumia Stores will be selling them.

Of course, u can check your friendly handphone dealers like @Adix82 if he is bringing them in?

:)

As for me, I am gonna get 640XL. Size does matter.

Ditto. I'm used to the size of 1520 and Note 4. 5" is just nice for one hand operations, but the camera is not up to my expectations. XL it shall be....

Waiting for @Adix82 as well.... Got most of my phones from him. :)

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I'm used to the size of 1520 and Note 4. 5" is just nice for one hand operations, but the camera is not up to my expectations. XL it shall be....

Waiting for @Adix82 as well.... Got most of my phones from him. :)

I cannot tahan small screens. need to catch up on Agents Of Shield, The Flash, Fresh off The Boat and also the Avengers assemble cartoons every week while I am driving around. LOL

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which ... on today's THE FLASH.

11146411_10152773352036200_7777181382380602868_o.jpg

Surface Pro 3 seen used by Mercury Labs.

And also seen on Agents of Shield frequently.

10658515_10152372173951200_8473556010236649119_o.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.