SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
I have to admit though, SBJ doesn't really tell anything about your fitness. Perhaps that's why it was removed in the new IPPT. I can be damn lousy at chin ups situps running if i nua for 1 year but still get 234cm for SBJ -_-

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i finally passed my IPPT for the first time in years since i ORD. :)

but my new window starts in 2 weeks time. :s22:

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi, just to enquire, I am currently ongoing my 2 weeks ICT which started on Monday, 13 April, and ends this coming Friday, 24 April.

What happened was that, since my birthday is in December, and my ippt window opened on 10th December 2014, I actually attempted and managed to pass the old ippt on 22 January 2015.

But, I was told that I'm still required to attempt and clear the new ippt, which is effective 1 April.

However, since I have ippt on the last day of my ICT, 24 April, if, for example I managed to pass and clear it, would it mean that I have already cleared my current ippt window?

Supporter

Reaction score
there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

but in the end i fail my ippt cos i ran/walk 20min for 2.4km. :s13:

0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:
anyone knows if the PPT target is reset following the new 3 station ippt?
(i.e. everyone can just score less than 15 points to go the lowest band.)

also, do we need to go for the full 10 sessions of ipt?
after getting the band for my ipt, can i straight away book non-ict ippt, meet the band, and get this ******** done and over with?

thanks in advance.

keywin

Reaction score
i just did my first IPT last week, failed miserably in the first session IPPT. but now I can't see what is my PPT target? online also got no information on how the PPT works for new 3-station IPPT leh... anybody any idea??

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if the PPT target is reset following the new 3 station ippt?
(i.e. everyone can just score less than 15 points to go the lowest band.)

also, do we need to go for the full 10 sessions of ipt?
after getting the band for my ipt, can i straight away book non-ict ippt, meet the band, and get this ******** done and over with?

thanks in advance.

no idea if got reset.

just like last time, once you hit the PPT, you are out.

i just did my first IPT last week, failed miserably in the first session IPPT. but now I can't see what is my PPT target? online also got no information on how the PPT works for new 3-station IPPT leh... anybody any idea??

0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:

xuan87

Reaction score
Hi, just to enquire, I am currently ongoing my 2 weeks ICT which started on Monday, 13 April, and ends this coming Friday, 24 April.

What happened was that, since my birthday is in December, and my ippt window opened on 10th December 2014, I actually attempted and managed to pass the old ippt on 22 January 2015.

But, I was told that I'm still required to attempt and clear the new ippt, which is effective 1 April.

However, since I have ippt on the last day of my ICT, 24 April, if, for example I managed to pass and clear it, would it mean that I have already cleared my current ippt window?

You shouldn't have to attempt and pass the new IPPT just because it's the new system. Since you have already passed on 22 January '15, you should be done until after 10th Dec '15.

My window is from May '14 to May '15, I passed the old IPPT in ICT too in March '15, so I shouldn't need to take again until after May '15.

crow_nest

Reaction score
I realised under the new RT system, you will get discount for every IPPT and IPT session attended. So since the max attempts for IPPT is 3, does this mean I just book for 3 seperate IPPT sessions, go for attendence and fail I will still get 20 - 3 = 17 RTs instead of the full 20? Or is there a catch to it? Sounds too good to be true! Like that I can just go in anyhow fail 3 IPPT sessions and I only do 17 RT.

Also does the very 1st IPPT attempt still count towards this? Or is it only subsequent attempts after the fail?

Jedediah

Reaction score
1st time RT..

Hi,

I am going for my first time rt at kranji camp fcc... anyone know are we allow to go into the camp in slippers and shorts before changing to pt attire?:s11:

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
I realised under the new RT system, you will get discount for every IPPT and IPT session attended. So since the max attempts for IPPT is 3, does this mean I just book for 3 seperate IPPT sessions, go for attendence and fail I will still get 20 - 3 = 17 RTs instead of the full 20? Or is there a catch to it? Sounds too good to be true! Like that I can just go in anyhow fail 3 IPPT sessions and I only do 17 RT.

Also does the very 1st IPPT attempt still count towards this? Or is it only subsequent attempts after the fail?

It may count but you won't get paid for the 4th ippt onwards. Only first 3 ippt per year get paid for attendance. If a bit of money does not matter to you, you can go try lor.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

from what i know, the discount only applies to IPT (including IPT-IPPT). first time heard it applies to IPPT as well.

and you might as well just go for all 10 IPT so next year you only need to do 10 RT.

supposedly there is money for IPT training sessions as well now. my window started before 1st April 2015 so i am still under the old "IPT got no pay" system so i cannot personally confirm it.

crow_nest

Reaction score
from what i know, the discount only applies to IPT (including IPT-IPPT). first time heard it applies to IPPT as well.

and you might as well just go for all 10 IPT so next year you only need to do 10 RT.

supposedly there is money for IPT training sessions as well now. my window started before 1st April 2015 so i am still under the old "IPT got no pay" system so i cannot personally confirm it.

As per the pamphlet they sent us, it says if you fail your IPPT, your RT window will be 20 sessions minus the number of IPPT and/or IPT sessions you have attended in the previous window. This is because the SAF "recognises NSmen's effort and commitment in the previous IPPT window and reduces RT sessions in the current window correspondingly" in their exact words :p

Refresh99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time taking ippt as a nsmen here. I dont think I can pass my ippt due to my running thus I plan to take the ipt route. So I got some questions to ask.

1. What is the difference between RT and IPT in terms of training/duration? Is it the same like doing static and running??

2. About booking of IPT. What is the maximum session can I book within a month? Example can i like book 10 sessions within a month if that month do not public holiday and I very free?

3. How long is each session of IPT (maju camp)?

4. From what i understand 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT. So if my 1st and 10th session I fail my ippt, I only need to take (20-10=10) sessions of RT in the next window?

5. If let say I got only 10 points for my 1st IPT-IPPT but at the 10th session I got 20 points so which mean I am clear for this window? And as for the next window I just need to get 30 points to cleared? ( I use the reference of ppt by j_t_fusion)

6. If by any chance I cant complete the full 10 sessions will I get charged?

Hope expert here can clear doubt.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time taking ippt as a nsmen here. I dont think I can pass my ippt due to my running thus I plan to take the ipt route. So I got some questions to ask.

1. What is the difference between RT and IPT in terms of training/duration? Is it the same like doing static and running??

training is similar but RT duration is slightly longer so a little more exercise. you can choose what type of exercise you want: static exercises for training push ups and sit ups, running for 2.4km, weight based training, and lastly games. limited places for each type so if you want to choose, come early.

2. About booking of IPT. What is the maximum session can I book within a month? Example can i like book 10 sessions within a month if that month do not public holiday and I very free?

so long as you have a day of break between each session, it is up to you as to how fast you want to clear all 10 of them.

3. How long is each session of IPT (maju camp)?

1hr 30mins for IPT.

4. From what i understand 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT. So if my 1st and 10th session I fail my ippt, I only need to take (20-10=10) sessions of RT in the next window?

yes.

5. If let say I got only 10 points for my 1st IPT-IPPT but at the 10th session I got 20 points so which mean I am clear for this window? And as for the next window I just need to get 30 points to cleared? ( I use the reference of ppt by j_t_fusion)

yes you are cleared for this window. but if next window your 1st IPT-IPPT you get 30 points, then your PPT will become standard IPPT pass.

6. If by any chance I cant complete the full 10 sessions will I get charged?

no charge for never complete all 10 IPT sessions. got charge for never attempt IPPT (IPT-IPPT, RT-IPPT, ICT-IPPT all count as an attempt). got charge for never complete all 10 RT sessions.

Hope expert here can clear doubt.

reply is in blue.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh I want go IPT

first one is book IPPT or IPT?

also hor, I see can book at park isit?

my FIRST IPT can book at park?

I want ipt dun want ippt

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all of them book as IPT.

your 1st and 10th IPT session die die is IPT-IPPT.

park cannot do IPPT so 1st and 10th IPT session must be in camp.

YanG85

Master Member
Reaction score
Clarify if ipt will be paid? Read in the papers will be paid. But n's website şay otherwise

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.