Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

kingsen

Reaction score
Any workshop that can service TEIN coilover?
Whats the price for changing ignition coil / engine mounting for Honda Fit in SG & JB ah ?

pointman2009

Reaction score
You may want to try Hypertune JB or one of those performance shops that do aftermarket coilover.

Labour charges in my observation is usually around MYR / SGD 50 per man hour here or in JB WS.

Just did my lower arm suspension bushing change at Jet workshop on Fri, took around 3 hours. Bill for this portion came up to MYR 140 (Parts I supply).

After that got my front alignment done at Hawk Tayar (near Taman Sentosa), @MYR 37 for computerized front 2 wheels (was also quoted MYR 60 for 4 wheels). They use a new hunter alignment machine and the guy operating it seems quite competent on it. Drove the car before and after alignment to re-check his work.

Labour intensive repairs in JB definitely more cost effective :)

Any workshop that can service TEIN coilover?
Whats the price for changing ignition coil / engine mounting for Honda Fit in SG & JB ah ?

Last edited:

ahlahoiya

Reaction score
Value for money

I just change my tyres(Primacy 3) and rims from Hup Heng Ang,it's really good value for money.as usual they did a complimentary check for the car.i was shocked that they highlighted that my spark plug needs to be change with less than a week from last servicing at Hanip Auomobile.they showed me the filthy spark plug and carbon flush wasn't being done.i'll be burning money changing my spark plug week in and out as long as the carbon flush not being done.it was really disappointing that i spend over 600 plus at hanip automobile and that's the end product i received.sorry to side track a bit,anyway all the problems was fixed after my last visit to Hup Heng Ang,( brake screeching sound,Side mirror loosen Etc ) that was never even being look into by Hanip automobile.and i would say Hup Heng Ang was really helpful in terms of checking almost every single components of your car,and they would always advise you on the pros and cons of the highlighted parts whether or not you be changing.most importantly seek your approval before changing it and no hard selling.i'll think after the latest visit.i'm more willing than ever now to endure the hours long jam to Jb just to seek their expertise.Hope my review really helps,sorry for the long winded story as i really gets angsty at point of writing.lolx

ska13a

Reaction score
Just wondering why u guys choose to bring own parts? Example oil/air filter? Due to original or mark up by shop even when in jb?

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why u guys choose to bring own parts? Example oil/air filter? Due to original or mark up by shop even when in jb?

You got both point right and also, you won't know if its truely original parts.

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
11036900_10155403354690187_5334789278871078206_n.jpg

11112544_10155403354895187_7326437403125474727_n.jpg

suppose to do idle valve and trottle body cleaning
went in last week saw so many Civic @ Jet's ws
end up go back the next day morning to do the cleaning...
looks like his shop getting more and more popular liao

ska13a

Reaction score
Just did my servicing and replacement of parts with Jet auto
A Honest and friendly chap i must say, when i met him, he drive my 07 Fit around the place to find out the problem of my car.
We had a chat in the Car, he say that he's with KAH Motor for 6 years, and quit because he find it very xiong to go in and out of custom everyday.
At 1st i abit worry about puting my car in his care while i go do my thing, but he assure me that's its ok, as he will be jacking the car high up, and mention that most of his customer put the car in his ws and went fishing.
So i put the purge and leave the car to him, while he ask his brother to drive me to near by the store to watch movie or do some shopping.

for the price of the service, we had already agreed on the price of things to change in whatapps, his number remain unchange
before commencing on the job when Jet look through my parts, he say an idle valve, i told him i need it to solve my vibration problem, he say dont need, just replace mounting will do.
instead of straight away n go ahead to change and charge me for a fee to do the job, he ask me to ask for refund from the stock list.
here's the list of job i ask him to do

do coolant flush
change gear box oil - i give you my HMMF oil
change 2 behind shock absorber - i give parts
change all engine mounting - parts i provide
Change fan belt - parts i provide
Change Brake oil

Total work took more than 4 hours, and he really give me a very good price, which i feel abit Pai seh also.

And i promise to spread his good words around.
anyway he also have lobang and shares with other WS which do accessories and grooming, if you need any of these, you and go through him and the WS can give you a good price on that.

before its his shopfront and name card, do make a call before going down, when i was there, there was a oby coming in later, heng i was 1st to reach there so he gg wait for me lol.
20150308085102.jpg

20150308085114.jpg

shop front
10916403_10155302895275187_6880368828035113200_o.jpg

can repost contact and address?
seem like image down

WANGLAI

Reaction score
11036900_10155403354690187_5334789278871078206_n.jpg

11112544_10155403354895187_7326437403125474727_n.jpg

suppose to do idle valve and trottle body cleaning
went in last week saw so many Civic @ Jet's ws
end up go back the next day morning to do the cleaning...
looks like his shop getting more and more popular liao

Hi, can advise what is the best time to go in? And also the operating hours? Thanks!!!

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
20150308085102.jpg

20150308085114.jpg

repost namecard again

his dad is actually there, i ask him why dun wan to hire more hands, he say he rather do the work himself so he can maintain his quality of work.
the 1st time i met him, i actually came before he even open so he can start the work early.
do inform him before you went down
while waiting do try the stall that sell char kway teow behind his WS, there's also a fried chicken stall as well. you can request him to bring you to nearby the Store shopping centre, but there got limited stuff to see....
not only honda, other Japanese or korean brand car he can do as well.
Just make sure you bring the correct parts in.
but for continent car, he have some challenge in do, so best is not to engage him.
he himself say he also scare to touch european cars.

mrkerpalz

Reaction score
i wanna send my suzuki alto for my 100K servicing to jet.
but i dunno what parts to buy to bring in for servicing.
can anyone advise?

pointman2009

Reaction score
i wanna send my suzuki alto for my 100K servicing to jet.
but i dunno what parts to buy to bring in for servicing.
can anyone advise?
Check your car 100k service interval chart whether it's a major or minor service so you know roughly.

Get those necessary parts accordingly from your Suzuki stockist (usually oil, cooling, rubber related parts).

Rest of the items get Jet to inspect and replace as necessary, he will advise you.

He should be able to supply those parts you don't have as well, or you can do a 2nd trip to his WS.

mrkerpalz

Reaction score
Check your car 100k service interval chart whether it's a major or minor service so you know roughly.

Get those necessary parts accordingly from your Suzuki stockist (usually oil, cooling, rubber related parts).

Rest of the items get Jet to inspect and replace as necessary, he will advise you.

He should be able to supply those parts you don't have as well, or you can do a 2nd trip to his WS.

i think the jialet part about getting this new ride is that, there is not much info and interval chart online too. i tried contacting the previous owner. she changed phone number.
i was thinking whether jet can do suzuki cars a not, maybe pop by tomorrow to let him check my ride out.

anyways i just brought EO, BO, coolant + oil filter. just change out the basic stuff out. just in case the previous owner never change them out.

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Since its a new second hand car, just change out all the fluids, engine oil, atf, coolant, brake, steering ( unless electrical steering). Filters, air filter, Aircon filter, fuel filter (up to you to decide), spark plugs . these are just the basics. Take a look at the tires as well. How old is this car? Any weird noise, vibration. I think your car should be fairly simple and most mechs should be able to handle, if not I have a mech in Skudai area that I frequent. His workmanship is good and quick and moot importantly, fairly priced. Pm me if you need the contact .

mrkerpalz

Reaction score
managed to go to JET AUTO.
initial thought when i saw the place. omg... so rundown. no proper gear... siao liao la.
travel 20mins from KSL to this legendary place, see the garage sian half.

when i reached and park. only a old uncle was there, he was squatting in front of a car spraying i assume chemical into the bonnet area. i asked if i need to wait long for my turn to check on my newold ride, seeing so many japanese car was there. 3SG plates, and even KL plate was there too. perhaps Jet is that good ? Uncles says 45-60mins wait. okay~ i just took my seat as i brought my laptop there to clear some work.

ard 15mins into waiting, old uncle says he's available to check on my car.
a little about my car. i just brought a good looking condition Suzuki Alto, i cant trust what the ex owner say about she had/have maintain and went servicing and etc. so i went on to buy EO,BO,ATF, Filters and etc and brought over to Jet to fix it up.

Jet was very frank and upfront with me, which i fully appreciate, he told me he have not tried fixing my type of car before, but more and less its a JDM. everything should be aga aga the same. so fiixing starts with uncle and jet comes in here and there to help put and advise.

Things done @ Jet Auto
Flush Engine oil + top up with new EO
Flush ATF, top up with new ATF
Flush + Bleed Brake oil, top new BO
De-carb throttle body
chemical wash aircon "condenser" or cooler
drain coolant + top up new coolant.

all for 650 ringgit.

verdict. its all worth it!
car feels smooth and more powerful (butt feel)
gear changing now is not jerky at all~~~ butter smooth!

thumbs up!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.