NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

arhhhh

Reaction score
I have received my acceptance form from NTU CBE about a month ago but have yet to hear of anything about the scholarship. Do I stand a chance to be shortlisted for the scholarship with 85 rank points?

bluephat

Reaction score
Just received NTU offer for SPMS! :D

Also went for SMU IS interview today

Going for NUS DA interview next week :s22:

kyonyuki

Reaction score
Hi. I checked the Joint Acceptance Portal and noticed that I got an offer from NTU but I didn't receive an email or letter about the offer and the application outcome still remains the same through the application status menu from NTU website. Does it mean that NTU offered me or there is a delay of updating the outcome?

Cheerysingaporean

Reaction score
nus called me and asked me to go for interview next wednesday. for electrical engineering though. i dont know why ee also need interview one.
anyone same with me? may i know what will they ask?? a bit worried leh, since i am not a good speaker :look:

Congrats! Hey are you from poly/jc? Do u mind sharing ur results? All the best!

wclaudia

Reaction score
Hi. I checked the Joint Acceptance Portal and noticed that I got an offer from NTU but I didn't receive an email or letter about the offer and the application outcome still remains the same through the application status menu from NTU website. Does it mean that NTU offered me or there is a delay of updating the outcome?

Hi, yes you have been offered, its just a time lapse between the email and the offer. You should be receiving the email any time soon:)

AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey people, I would like to ask if like let's say that I have accepted NTU offer yesterday. Before that I didn't receive my NUS offer yet but NUS was going to give me an offer tomorrow but they saw that I have actually accepted an offer in NTU yesterday will they still proceed in giving me the offer tomorrow or will they just skip over me as I have already accepted the offer from NTU yesterday? Hope you guys will be able to help me with this. Thanks alot.
Best is not to accept any courses before you receive all the replies from the unis that you've applied for. :s22:

Sent from my potato using GAGT

thezookeeper

Reaction score
Just got accepted by ntu common engineering and rejected by ntu civil engineering at the same time, because civil is my first choice. According to last year's igp,this 2 courses have the same rank point. Any idea what's my chances for appeal?

iMilkPowder

Reaction score
Best is not to accept any courses before you receive all the replies from the unis that you've applied for. :s22:

Thanks for the reply but I already did accepted the offer by NTU accidentally. Really hope that it will not screw up for NUS not sending me any offer because they saw that I have actually accepted the offer from NTU...

Marcusnhn123@gmail.com

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I already did accepted the offer by NTU accidentally. Really hope that it will not screw up for NUS not sending me any offer because they saw that I have actually accepted the offer from NTU...

I actually called to ask them about this before. They said that once u have alr accepted a school. They will still send you offers

lalaland1527

Reaction score
NUS FASS Acceptance with below average grades

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and maybe the last, at this forum. I created an account specially to share my story as I read through this forum and realised there are a number of people who feel hopeless about applications.

I am admitted into NUS FASS with a rank points of 72.75, and yes, without DA, without MTL bonus points. I really don't believe it at first, as, after reading through countless of threads and hearing that FASS only accept people with RP 75 and above for normal route, according to many other people who are already in FASS.

Furthermore, i am really unsure as i ticked 'yes' for the section on whether i want to opt for the MTL bonus point system or not. Also, i submitted 3 recommendation letters to give it a shot for DA. Hence, i am really confused as to which scheme i am admitted under. :s11:

I received the package on Tuesday, and received my offer last Friday. It is so unbelievable, I called NUS office of admissions and FASS themselves for at least 3 times. The people at NUS office of admissions said that if you are admitted under MTL bonus point scheme, it will be stated in the NUS aces portal (the portal which i got to know i am accepted). I double checked again and again, and yes, I am at least 80% sure now that i am admitted through normal route, with RP 72.75. :)

I hope my story serves as some motivation for some people here. I believe the universities really did look through our documents despite the high numbers of applications.

As for how i got in, i believe it is because of my internship which is related to CNM (a major in NUS FASS). I talked about my internship in the 200 word essay, and also, i got my boss whom i am really grateful of to write for me a recommendation letter. I won't say what my internship is about here lest i got identified hahas. ;)

Jyxq95

Reaction score
Are there any differences between NTU and NUS's Mechanical Engineering Programme? I heard that NUS's math mods such as MA1505 and MA1506 are killer modules especially for poly students like me :/. Not sure about NTU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.