NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightzsky

Reaction score
The interview is pretty much like a chit-chat session with the profs for them to know how you're like as a person. So basically they'll ask you questions like:
Why did you choose FOS?
Why did you pick XXX as your _th choice?
What are your hobbies?
What do you want to work as in the future?

]

Hi! Thanks a lot!may I ask that ur interview is it for discretionary admission?

hautemonde

Reaction score
Hi! Have u gotten any reply from nus science? I also applied that and my rp is 78.75.. They just called me yesterday for discretionary admission...did u get call up for interview??

Serious?! What on earth LOL 78.75 should be can enter via merit alone! What choice did you put fos as?

nightzsky

Reaction score
Serious?! What on earth LOL 78.75 should be can enter via merit alone! What choice did you put fos as?

science. I know right! I damn shock when I received the call! Some more is discretionary admission. I just called them. They said is becz my result doesn't meet their criteria(I think is cut off point I guess)..Btw I was in science stream in jc..subjects taken are PCME..

Last edited:

Marcusnhn123@gmail.com

Reaction score
science. I know right! I damn shock when I received the call! Some more is discretionary admission. I just called them. They said is becz my result doesn't meet their criteria. Btw I was in science stream in jc..
I have got a friend who scored 72.5 but managed to get in nus science 2nd choice

hautemonde

Reaction score
science. I know right! I damn shock when I received the call! Some more is discretionary admission. I just called them. They said is becz my result doesn't meet their criteria(I think is cut off point I guess)..Btw I was in science stream in jc..subjects taken are PCME..
wow they're really upping the game :s22: science stream shouldnt have any problems at all.. just go for the interview anyway cause i think they already have you in mind but just want to know you better! when are you going for the interview?

I have got a friend who scored 72.5 but managed to get in nus science 2nd choice
your friend should be have other achievements :s13:

geroro

Reaction score
Didnt apply for ADM, but I just received my offer from NTU yesterday :)

I see... i was admitted into it and i was hoping if anyone knows any thing about ADM like the lifestyle and such and how is life there

thanks for replying anyway hehe :s13:

nightzsky

Reaction score
wow they're really upping the game :s22: science stream shouldnt have any problems at all.. just go for the interview anyway cause i think they already have you in mind but just want to know you better! when are you going for the interview?

your friend should be have other achievements :s13:

On 6 May..sigh.. I dunno wats their problem.. Already damn upset when rejected by my first choice computer science..T-T and ntu has no news at all..

bluephat

Reaction score
Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)? :s11:

hautemonde

Reaction score
On 6 May..sigh.. I dunno wats their problem.. Already damn upset when rejected by my first choice computer science..T-T and ntu has no news at all..
go the interview and ask them =:p there's always a chance of appealing in!

Anyone has got experience with appeals?

Suppose if I accept a course from NUS (before 2 June), and thereafter I appeal to 3 different courses in NUS, NTU and SMU

If 1 or more of my appeal goes through (after 2 June), will my original place in NUS be automatically revoked?

Or will I have a choice between choosing my original course and the successfully appealed course(s)? :s11:
if i'm not wrong, lets say NUS offers you your second choice and you accepts it. then during the appeal period you appeal to your first choice from NUS which you didnt get accepted in. in the event that you are successful in your appeal, the course that you accepted previously will be withdrawn. if you wish to go back to the previous course you have to write a letter or something! so appeal wisely :)

edit: sorry i realised that your question is regarding appeals to different universities. in that case i think if your appeal to NTU is successful whilst you already have accepted another course in NUS, then you have the option of choosing which one you want to go to! correct me if i'm wrong :spin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.