SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
i just did my first IPT last week, failed miserably in the first session IPPT. but now I can't see what is my PPT target? online also got no information on how the PPT works for new 3-station IPPT leh... anybody any idea??

eh i'd also like to knw the new ppt stds. any1 got info

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if the PPT target is reset following the new 3 station ippt?
(i.e. everyone can just score less than 15 points to go the lowest band.)

also, do we need to go for the full 10 sessions of ipt?
after getting the band for my ipt, can i straight away book non-ict ippt, meet the band, and get this ******** done and over with?

thanks in advance.

there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

but in the end i fail my ippt cos i ran/walk 20min for 2.4km. :s13:

0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:

eh i'd also like to knw leh. so this is the new ppt std ah? so i get 10pt for ippt i just need 20 pt to exit ippt after 2nd session?

crow_nest

Reaction score
For all RT sessions, I heard under the new system the timings have been revised. I can't seem to find information on the new time slots anywhere, can someone fill me in? For IPPT it seems like only 2 slots avail (morning 7.30am and afternoon 4pm) i don't think the RT sessions are like that as well right?

Mike-LP

Reaction score
Hi all, just got my band 2 for ipt test. Anyone knows the point required to clear the ipt?

Also, every station needs to get at least 1 point?

Thanks!

malvin-2010

Reaction score
Hi J_t_fusion,

4. From what i understand 1st and 10th session is IPT-IPPT. So if my 1st and 10th session I fail my ippt, I only need to take (20-10=10) sessions of RT in the next window?

yes.

for ipt 10 session with 2 ippt, if fail both ippt, need go 10 rt in the next window? is this implemented this year april? any source you took from?

Because my last window(jan14-jan15) i took 10ipt with 2 failed ippt and its considered cleared and no prompt of rt for me.

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi J_t_fusion,

for ipt 10 session with 2 ippt, if fail both ippt, need go 10 rt in the next window? is this implemented this year april? any source you took from?

Because my last window(jan14-jan15) i took 10ipt with 2 failed ippt and its considered cleared and no prompt of rt for me.

from the pamphlet SAF sent us regarding the new IPPT implementations.

oac6jo.jpg

was also brief during last year ICT about the 20-D.

also got hear some ppl say that if you complete all 10 IPT, you no need go for RT. new year straight away new IPPT window instead of RT.

but i did not write it down cos i passed my IPPT this year so cannot test it myself so don't dare to put it down.

Hi all, just got my band 2 for ipt test. Anyone knows the point required to clear the ipt?

Also, every station needs to get at least 1 point?

Thanks!

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years. :s13:

crow_nest

Reaction score
Does anyone have information regarding this??

For all RT sessions, I heard under the new system the timings have been revised. I can't seem to find information on the new time slots anywhere, can someone fill me in? For IPPT it seems like only 2 slots avail (morning 7.30am and afternoon 4pm) i don't think the RT sessions are like that as well right?

:s11:

Calander

Reaction score
The thing is I havent even attempt the first IPPT, so i am not eligible to book for any RT so I cant see the timings.

so you are planning to go directly into RT rather than IPT? Whereby booking of RT is much more stringent whereby you may be penalised for failing to attend your scheduled session, and having to complete all 20 sessions within the second 12 months.

rerear

Reaction score
If take ippt during weekend can claim make up pay or not... Although is your rest or off day?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
If take ippt during weekend can claim make up pay or not... Although is your rest or off day?

You can attempt to. But it might be troublesome since proof etc etc is gonna be needed. And the claim might take very long to process.

In the end most people give up coz it's only like a few hours worth of claim...no point -_-

You can still try of course, and share your experience lol

Potatoe

Reaction score

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years.

If I get 0 points, will I get PPT 1?

ukiake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rt - my 1st rt at Bedok fcc I can choose orange tag.. From 2nd lesson till now.. Cant choose orange.. What's wrong sia. 2nd lesson say not enough ppl for orange. 3rd lesson say want to phase out orange.. How can suka suka change.

crow_nest

Reaction score
so you are planning to go directly into RT rather than IPT? Whereby booking of RT is much more stringent whereby you may be penalised for failing to attend your scheduled session, and having to complete all 20 sessions within the second 12 months.

Cos I know I wont be able to pass this IPPT, so might as well accept it. I just remembered the very first IPT is confirm an IPT-IPPT, will that still count towards an IPPT attempt? Or do I still have to book separate IPPT only session and attempt it?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos I know I wont be able to pass this IPPT, so might as well accept it. I just remembered the very first IPT is confirm an IPT-IPPT, will that still count towards an IPPT attempt? Or do I still have to book separate IPPT only session and attempt it?

non-ICT-IPPT, ICT-IPPT, IPT-IPPT and RT-IPPT all count as your yearly IPPT attempt.

since you know you cannot pass, you might as well go for all 10 IPT sessions, then next year is considered new window and you can go for 10 new IPT sessions.

if you don't go for any IPT, next year you need to do 20 RT sessions.

RT sessions last longer than IPT sessions, and 12 months do 10 sessions is a lot more manageable than 12 months do 20 sessions.

crow_nest

Reaction score
non-ICT-IPPT, ICT-IPPT, IPT-IPPT and RT-IPPT all count as your yearly IPPT attempt.

since you know you cannot pass, you might as well go for all 10 IPT sessions, then next year is considered new window and you can go for 10 new IPT sessions.

if you don't go for any IPT, next year you need to do 20 RT sessions.

RT sessions last longer than IPT sessions, and 12 months do 10 sessions is a lot more manageable than 12 months do 20 sessions.

Ah that's good to know. Because the IPT I just applied for this coming Tues is my first, so it'll be an IPT-IPPT that is still gonna count as my first IPPT attempt for this window. I guess I'll just chiong IPT sessions I can do until my window is up. Since the RT window now will discount whatever IPT session you have attended.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.