UOB ONE Account

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only that, 1 more condition is that there must b at least three transactions in each mth. ;)
if any of the mths hv less than three transactions, will get zero rebate. :eek:

Yup, forgot to add that in. UOB one card characteristics

but normally i will go mac buy apple pie at different days to hit the 3 transactions haha

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha, this time u cannot do that liao, it must be 3 giro debit transactions, unless u can arrange giro with mac, hahaha

wah, why pple dare to comment when not yet read the tnc, hahaha

Card right? Not the bank account.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats with the 10k secured deposit for CC? I currently dont qualify for cc yet. If theres such an vehicle. Care to share more? Thank you!

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Nothing to share, just go to the bank and ask for secured credit cards, they will let you know what to do. Basically its just putting a fixed deposit of $10,000 and they will give you a credit card with $10,000 limit or less.

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
Whats with the 10k secured deposit for CC? I currently dont qualify for cc yet. If theres such an vehicle. Care to share more? Thank you!

You can apply for credit card if u dun qualify by placing a FD of 10k as collateral/security for the credit limit, subject to bank approval. It takes longer than for those who qualify. U bring 10k, open FD, sign some docs to agree to earmark the FD (cannot withdraw unless u terminate the cc) with interest rate at boardrate (about 0.2... thereabouts), apply for credit card, then wait for good news. UOB only give 70% of 10k as credit limit leh, scb give 100%, hahaha

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why need to read T&C den comment. To hit $500 using CC to earn the rebate from the card u can use it at Mac..i am not talking about the account at all..

why ppl dare to comment when he haben even read a thread right?

Cashflow202

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can apply for credit card if u dun qualify by placing a FD of 10k as collateral/security for the credit limit, subject to bank approval. It takes longer than for those who qualify. U bring 10k, open FD, sign some docs to agree to earmark the FD (cannot withdraw unless u terminate the cc) with interest rate at boardrate (about 0.2... thereabouts), apply for credit card, then wait for good news. UOB only give 70% of 10k as credit limit leh, scb give 100%, hahaha
So the FD will run separately with uob one acc.

So its uob one (50k) @2.6x% + secured cc (10k) @ 0.2%

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
So the FD will run separately with uob one acc.

So its uob one (50k) @2.6x% + secured cc (10k) @ 0.2%

Yes, UOB one 50k at 2.43% effective interest rate, separate FD 10k at 0.2xx%, then cc spend of min $500 plus 3 giro debit transactions, if u charge $1500 for 3 mthsx4 shld earn enough to "pay" u interest for the 10k FD as well, hahaha

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am already using the One Card to pay for Starhub, PUB, SingTel to rake up the $500 spend, what other transactions can be put through GIRO monthly ?

Property tax, Income Tax instalment can or not ?
I dont have CSC charges.

kokitty

Reaction score
If I am already using the One Card to pay for Starhub, PUB, SingTel to rake up the $500 spend, what other transactions can be put through GIRO monthly ?

I dont have CSC charges.

Giro your one card cc bill to one a/c. If you have other cc cards, also can giro them.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giro-able Organisations:
1) Govt bodies: LTA, CPF, IRAS, HDB, Town Council, SP services, etc
2) Banks: DBS, ANZ, HSBC, BOC, OCBC, CITIBANK, Maybank
3) Telcos: Singtel, M1, Starhub
4) Insurance: NTUC, AXA, Prudential, GE, etc
5) Subscriptions: SPH
6) Donations: NKF, RenCi, etc
7) Share trading: POEMS, Lim & Tan, UOB KayHian, etc

SCG8866T

Reaction score

I dont have CSC charges.

How do you use one card to pay for PUB? Curious.

mdax23

Reaction score
If u have $100K and meet all criteria, den open both ocbc360 and uob one. Put ur salary in ocbc and ur spending and giro in uob.

Come next mth u will have one confirm online payment in ocbc for your uob credit card.

Anything earn above 50K in each account, quickly transfer them to scb bonus saver. Lol

impeller

Reaction score
Giro-able Organisations:
1) Govt bodies: LTA, CPF, IRAS, HDB, Town Council, SP services, etc
2) Banks: DBS, ANZ, HSBC, BOC, OCBC, CITIBANK, Maybank
3) Telcos: Singtel, M1, Starhub
4) Insurance: NTUC, AXA, Prudential, GE, etc
5) Subscriptions: SPH
6) Donations: NKF, RenCi, etc
7) Share trading: POEMS, Lim & Tan, UOB KayHian, etc

For online application via internet banking, seems like only GIRO arrangements for HDB and IRAS are possible. Others have to do it via hardcopy? Anybody can confirm? I will email UOB to check also.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
note for all.

UOB's daily fund transfer limit to other banks is $10k.

Unless you're a priority Wealth Banking customers, daily limit is $20k.

For Privilege Banking / Privilege Reserve and Private Banking customers, daily limit is $100k.

pdpdpdp

Reaction score
Any comment on the following ?

if you have 50k.
Jan put in OCBC
Feb put in UOB
Mar put in OCBC to earn that extra 1% on increment.
Continue all the way alternating between month.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.