Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more details on the new Slayer album

"There's a couple of songs that are going to be on it that the fans might know," he said. "'Atrocity Vendor' was released in the States on the B-side of some single [a limited vinyl edition of 'World Painted Blood'], so now it's 'Atrocity Vendor 2015'. It's completely re-recorded. It's got new leads, new vocals, Paul playing drums ... it's pretty cool. There's a brand new version of 'Implode' [which was recorded in 2014 and given away for free] on there. The version of 'When The Stillness Comes' is brand new compared to the single [that came] out [for last month's Record Store Day]."

He continued: "The first song is called 'Repentless' and that one's pretty much... I call it the Hannemanthem! I wrote that for [late SLAYER guitarist] Jeff [Hanneman]. Oh, dude, it's fast as ****. You don't know what the ****'s coming! [Laughs] A song called 'Vices' is on there somewhere. It's super heavy. It'll pummel you in the face. 'Take Control''s another fast one. 'Cast The First Stone''s another heavy one."

King added: "There's 12 songs on it, one being the intro, one being 'Implode', one being 'Atrocity Vendor' and one being 'When The Stillness Comes', but every version of those songs you may have heard before is different, so I think that's cool, but I also wanted them to be part of a collection. I like the finality of songs belonging on a record. It's probably about 40 or 45 minutes, maybe less. We did 'God Hates Us All' and we put every song we had at the time on the record because that was the trendy thing to do, but as soon as we did that, I vowed never to do it again. I grew up with 10-song albums."

Asked it it was his aim to make "When The Stillness Comes" sound like something Hanneman might have written, Kerry responded: "That one came out surprisingly good."

He continued: "If you know our history, I never did the clean or spooky stuff. That was always Jeff. It was the one thing musically that was just his. I'd do the crazy, punky fast stuff arnd he'd do the moody stuff. So 'When The Stillness Comes' was my first attempt and it gave me goose bumps. I thought, 'This is pretty ****in' good!'"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slayer-to-release-repentless-album-on-911/#g43OEIKTfa7d4GPX.99

ManOfTheHour

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that just sucks :/

this yr seems quiet here in e metal front other than those 'smaller' gigs but with 'lesser known' bands :o

was surprised they didn't invite the bands who did Soundwave like last year.

Seeing Soundgarden would have been another dream come true!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.