Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Need help in recommendation for kani dinner. I planning to spend up to $100 per pax for kani dinner while staying shinjuku. Any good recommendation beside kani doraki which do not does reservation for non-jpn. I dun mind neigbouring station eg. Shibuya or uppongi.

Like to have nice pleasant n great full kani course dinner nearby shinjuku (staying there). Also like to ask when will be the best season gor kani - snow crab n king crab. TIA :D

blurkingz

Reaction score
Hi! I am totally new and never travel to Japan before! So just wondering what tour agency is recommended to visit Japan? Will be travelling with my family and thinking of visiting Hokkaido!

Is it recommended to travel with tour since we cant speak Japanese? When are the period whereby there are sales and promotions? I am intending to travel during december period! Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am totally new and never travel to Japan before! So just wondering what tour agency is recommended to visit Japan? Will be travelling with my family and thinking of visiting Hokkaido!

Is it recommended to travel with tour since we cant speak Japanese? When are the period whereby there are sales and promotions? I am intending to travel during december period! Thanks a lot! :)

F&E is definitely going to be more enjoyable coz u are free to go places u like and spend more time at each place. tour package is very touch-and-go and restrictive.

language is not much of an issue coz there are english signs in most places. the younger generations of japanese also can speak a bit of english, so no worries. i have survived quite a few trips, and i still dunno any japanese.

if u are going for tour packages, maybe can wait for the next NATAS which is usually in august. a bit early to book tour packages for dec now

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be staying at an airbnb apartment 5 to 10 min walk from shibuya station. Will it be easy to manage train rides in from Haneda and out to Narita with a 30inch luggage? Thanks.

The main hub for transport are;
Tokyo, Shinjuku, Shinagawa, Shibuya, Ueno. These places are easy to get around to other places including airports.

If you want to store your luggage, I will advise that for the last day, travel to Tokyo station and deposit it there as there are more timing for airport bound trains there.

darklighter

Reaction score
Few questions!

Last time I stayed at Shinjuku, and was hungry for cheaper eateries sometimes; felt that there weren't many things to eat nearby. Where shall I stay next time if I just wanna walk a short distance from hotel to have supper?

Secondly, I've never seen anyone talk bout clubbing in Japan before? Any clean night spots? Not talking bout bars at Golden Gai

Last one, any quaint streets like Shimokitazawa? Wanna go somewhere similar but with different character. Jiyugaoka? Sunamachi Ginza?

Oh ya in this May aircon temperature can wear our SG uniform of berms and flops?

Last edited:

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
can help me check if my itinerary is ok?

14-Jun
2:40 PM Arrive at the Narita Airport
4:00 PM "Check-in at AirBNB (We recommend you to take taxi at Shibuya east exit gate the nearest station where it will cost you the minimum fare JPY730 and 4 min to our place)
〒150-0011 東京都‎ 渋谷区 東 1-2-5渋谷イースト1階
(1F Shibuya East, 1-2-5 East Shibuya,Tokyo)"
DINNER Dinner at Jomon Roppongi (@ Roppongi) - around $40++
8:00PM Onwards Roppongi - Upscale shopping in the middle of the city

15-Jun
8:00 AM "Tsukiji Fish Market @ Tsukiji Station +
Eat @ Ryu Sushi (5-2-1, Building 1. Chuo-ku Tsukiji Market, Tokyo)"
10:00 AM Odaiba - Shopping malls on a man made island
DINNER Dinner at Uoriki Kaisen Sushi @ B1 Tokyu Department Store 2-24-1 Shibuya - Around $20++
8:30 PM Shopping @ Shibuya

16-Jun
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Day trip to Mount Fuji
DINNER Dinner @ ICHIRAN (Shinjuku) - $10++
Shinjuku - One of Tokyo's largest shopping and entertainment districts

17-Jun
Whole Day Disney Sea

18-Jun
9:00 AM One Piece Tower
Meiji Jingu @ Shibuya
Harajuku - High fashion vs youth trends and counter culture
Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo @ Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line “Higashi-Ikebukuro Station”
DINNER Dinner at Ramen Street @ Tokyo Station - $10++
Marunouchi - Shopping next to Tokyo Station

19-Jun
9:00 AM Ueno/Akihabara?
12:00 PM Asakusa temples & Tokyo Skytree @ Asakusa station
Tokyo Solamachi - Shopping (at the base of the Tokyo Skytree)
DINNER "Dinner at 511 Kobei Beef Kaiseki - Around $140++
A four-minute walk from “Akasaka” Station on the Chiyoda Subway Line. Take Exit #1 from Akasaka Station and go straight ahead along Hitotsugi-dori toward Akasaka-mitsuke. Turn left after passing through a white arch. The restaurant will be 50m ahead of you, on the left.

A four-minute walk from “Akasaka-mitsuke” Station on the Ginza / Marunouchi Subway Lines. Take the .belleVie Akasaka exit from Akasaka-mitsuke Station, cross Tamachi-dori and Misuji-dori, and then go along Hitotsugi-dori toward Akasaka. Turn right just before a white arch. The restaurant will be 50m ahead of you, on the left."
8:00PM Shopping @ Shibuya - Center of youth fashion

20-Jun

12:00 PM Check-out
12:15 PM Lunch at Midori; Dogenzaka 1-12-3 Mark City East 4F, Shibuya
4:20 PM Check-in at the Narita Airport
6:20 PM Fly back to Singapore

madeener

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Edit: Oh ya in this May aircon temperature can wear our SG uniform of berms and flops?

Secondly, I've never seen anyone talk bout clubbing in Japan before? Any clean night spots? Not talking bout bars at Golden Gai

yea was looking at nightclubs and ageHa and womb comes up. they are at shunjuku, so wondering how the party is like there too!

would be going there on 21 may~30 may. anyone there at this time?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Need help in recommendation for kani dinner. I planning to spend up to $100 per pax for kani dinner while staying shinjuku. Any good recommendation beside kani doraki which do not does reservation for non-jpn. I dun mind neigbouring station eg. Shibuya or uppongi.

Like to have nice pleasant n great full kani course dinner nearby shinjuku (staying there). Also like to ask when will be the best season gor kani - snow crab n king crab. TIA :D

Anyone help? question asks but no ans. haiz...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uzushio Kankosen whirlpool cruise at naruto. Is it worth going? How do i get there from Kobe, if i plan to visit Akashi-kaikyo bridge first

Sent from 天å*‚ using GAGT

i have not done the cruise and only viewed from the bridge.
but i dun think it is worth it coz u need some luck to see the whirlpool. i was there last year and waited about 2hrs till the forecasted peak viewing time. but end up still dun see anything. for the bridge, at least i can wait as long as i want. but for cruise, there is probably a fixed schedule and u will need to head back even if u dun see anything

lostasor22

Reaction score
i have not done the cruise and only viewed from the bridge.
but i dun think it is worth it coz u need some luck to see the whirlpool. i was there last year and waited about 2hrs till the forecasted peak viewing time. but end up still dun see anything. for the bridge, at least i can wait as long as i want. but for cruise, there is probably a fixed schedule and u will need to head back even if u dun see anything
Wow ok thks! I will dropped it then.

Sent from 天å*‚ using GAGT

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I remember there is a sake museum. 500yen for admission but you get 5 token to choose your sake. If you finish your sake, you can buy more token! :D
Sake Museum

But you must be 20yrs in order to go in! lolz... one of my must go list!

Best fun spend with just 500yen. Most ppl i heard got drunk when leaving this museum! keke...

Last edited:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Kani restaurant. Please recommend some? For buffet style or sit down meal for family of 7.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kani restaurant. Please recommend some? For buffet style or sit down meal for family of 7.

really cant help coz I dun really eat crab.
maybe samtcy or dimitri_can can help?
or look at the reviews on tripadvisor?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can help me check if my itinerary is ok?

14-Jun
2:40 PM Arrive at the Narita Airport
4:00 PM "Check-in at AirBNB (We recommend you to take taxi at Shibuya east exit gate the nearest station where it will cost you the minimum fare JPY730 and 4 min to our place)
〒150-0011 東京都‎ 渋谷区 東 1-2-5渋谷イースト1階
(1F Shibuya East, 1-2-5 East Shibuya,Tokyo)"
DINNER Dinner at Jomon Roppongi (@ Roppongi) - around $40++
8:00PM Onwards Roppongi - Upscale shopping in the middle of the city

15-Jun
8:00 AM "Tsukiji Fish Market @ Tsukiji Station +
Eat @ Ryu Sushi (5-2-1, Building 1. Chuo-ku Tsukiji Market, Tokyo)"
10:00 AM Odaiba - Shopping malls on a man made island
DINNER Dinner at Uoriki Kaisen Sushi @ B1 Tokyu Department Store 2-24-1 Shibuya - Around $20++
8:30 PM Shopping @ Shibuya

16-Jun
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Day trip to Mount Fuji
DINNER Dinner @ ICHIRAN (Shinjuku) - $10++
Shinjuku - One of Tokyo's largest shopping and entertainment districts

17-Jun
Whole Day Disney Sea

18-Jun
9:00 AM One Piece Tower
Meiji Jingu @ Shibuya
Harajuku - High fashion vs youth trends and counter culture
Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo @ Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line “Higashi-Ikebukuro Station”
DINNER Dinner at Ramen Street @ Tokyo Station - $10++
Marunouchi - Shopping next to Tokyo Station

19-Jun
9:00 AM Ueno/Akihabara?
12:00 PM Asakusa temples & Tokyo Skytree @ Asakusa station
Tokyo Solamachi - Shopping (at the base of the Tokyo Skytree)
DINNER "Dinner at 511 Kobei Beef Kaiseki - Around $140++
A four-minute walk from “Akasaka” Station on the Chiyoda Subway Line. Take Exit #1 from Akasaka Station and go straight ahead along Hitotsugi-dori toward Akasaka-mitsuke. Turn left after passing through a white arch. The restaurant will be 50m ahead of you, on the left.

A four-minute walk from “Akasaka-mitsuke” Station on the Ginza / Marunouchi Subway Lines. Take the .belleVie Akasaka exit from Akasaka-mitsuke Station, cross Tamachi-dori and Misuji-dori, and then go along Hitotsugi-dori toward Akasaka. Turn right just before a white arch. The restaurant will be 50m ahead of you, on the left."
8:00PM Shopping @ Shibuya - Center of youth fashion

20-Jun

12:00 PM Check-out
12:15 PM Lunch at Midori; Dogenzaka 1-12-3 Mark City East 4F, Shibuya
4:20 PM Check-in at the Narita Airport
6:20 PM Fly back to Singapore
kindly open a separate thread for this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.