NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

moocatmoo

Reaction score
I applied for SMU scholarship and business.

Got offer business but they never mention anything about scholarship. However, I hear that other got both at one go.

Does that mean that i don't stand a chance?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I'm trying to be optimistic.

"You would be considered a Local Applicant if you are a:

Student who has attended a junior college, polytechnic or selected high schools in Singapore and attained any of the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
Diploma (from local Polytechnics)
NUS High School Diploma
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma"

^according to nus, we are local applicants. So even if the 16-18% thing is true, I believe we have a slight advantage compared to international students with international qualifications.

A person can be a 'Local Applicant' and also an international student. International students are define by their nationality, not by their qualifications. There's no question of whether the cap is 18% or not. It is. You can read MInistry of Education's parliamentary replies. Unless you think they're lying.

That's said, I do believe that foreigners who have studied in the Singapore system have an advantage over those who did not. But such advantage seems marginal.

Thozies

Reaction score
Has anyone received any news from smu law? My interview and test were about a month back :/

vital1996

Reaction score
NTU Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

I got accepted into NTU chemical and biomolecular engineering 3 wks ago. Anyone else accepted this course? I would like to know more abt it :) if there is anyone accepting this course pls pm me :)

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all ,

I am also waiting for my NTU offer for quite long already since I applied during the early admission process. I am not sure if it's because I am a foreigner that I have to wait until this long since most of my SC/PR friends have already received their offers. Since I applied to SUTD as well , I have currently accepted the SUTD offer and am currently studying in SUTD while waiting for the NTU offer since studying in NTU has more benefits for moi.

Poly GPA : 3.968 after 3 years with Merit
O'level : 20 points raw (CCA A2)
Applied for : NTU EEE as first choice

u have accepted SUTD!!! so I doubt u will receive another offer. the system is shared by all uni. so they know when u have accepted 1.

fathernature

Reaction score
OMG guys. my application for NUS is processing. those haven get, check urs maybe? are they processing for rejection letter?

manaxmizery

Reaction score
u have accepted SUTD!!! so I doubt u will receive another offer. the system is shared by all uni. so they know when u have accepted 1.

Well actually , NTU was the one that asked me to accept the SUTD offer first and then keep on waiting for their outcome . They say that me accepting their offer won't affect the outcome status from NTU in any way .

UnKn0wNaL13n

Reaction score
urs just started processing? maybe mine is processing my rejection letter
mine was showing processing for almost 1.5 month already. lol. i have no idea what are they processing for so long. even a rejection letter doesn't take so long. and i have not been called for any interview for comp. science also. :/

orzzwh

Reaction score
mine was showing processing for almost 1.5 month already. lol. i have no idea what are they processing for so long. even a rejection letter doesn't take so long. and i have not been called for any interview for comp. science also. :/

U applied comp scien? Mine is processing as well and no interview called. Sian, this year is so weird.

firebite1

Reaction score
Guys I was told to upload my supporting documents for the NTU NAA/DA Interview I went few weeks ago. Does that means I'm considered for the my application?

Last edited:

UnKn0wNaL13n

Reaction score
U applied comp scien? Mine is processing as well and no interview called. Sian, this year is so weird.
ikr. appeal starts on next week so i guess they should release it before 22/05.
as for NTU, appeal window opens tomorrow and email nowhere to be found. sian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.