Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Wongpk

Master Member
Reaction score
using VPN to watch Netflix now

17097126672_4b152d3bf6_b.jpg

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
torguard now only 20% off.. :(

TGVPN2015

EDIT:

The agent just gave a 30% discount code.

"I want to subscribe to u guys but the 50% promo ended..
:(
Is there any other promo at the moment?
Emma
Yes, at the moment I can offer you 30% discount code :)
Your 30% discount code is: Student2014"

Last edited:

evildoctor

Reaction score
Hey guys, any recommendations for VPN Service provider? I just want a good and cheap VPN for normal usage.

Rippsnake

Reaction score
Tried VyprVPN 3 days trial

Fast at times, but face traffic problem during the night with singapore server and need to reselect other server

Due to the server not based in mainland china, other then HK
Cannot stream tudou.

Any recommendation for VPN to china?
Anyone tested Ipvanish already? I am considering that.

hopelessnoob

Reaction score
I signed up for PIA and tried to use it for torrents and watching videos on twitch but am getting very slow speeds. My torrent speeds using VPN is about 20% of my normal speeds

My speed test for most servers can barely hit 1 Mbps. For sg server it is about 20 Mbps. Anyone can advise is there any way to help improve speeds?

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I signed up for PIA and tried to use it for torrents and watching videos on twitch but am getting very slow speeds. My torrent speeds using VPN is about 20% of my normal speeds

My speed test for most servers can barely hit 1 Mbps. For sg server it is about 20 Mbps. Anyone can advise is there any way to help improve speeds?

Try astrill's free trial?

hopelessnoob

Reaction score
Astrill seems unsafe with many people claiming that they log. My main use will be for p2p and watching videos. So not that interested in Astrill. Maybe I should try torguard instead.

Wongpk

Master Member
Reaction score
is Netflix auto renewal after the one month free month ends on Sunday, May 10, 2015. I don't want to continue.

oric1

Reaction score
is Netflix auto renewal after the one month free month ends on Sunday, May 10, 2015. I don't want to continue.

yeap, it's auto renewal. my free trial ended yesterday and starting today it's US$8.99.

mshahrulazri

Reaction score
Looking at VPN for torrenting. Considered Astrill but heard they keep logs and Torguard does not allow torrenting on their Singapore servers. Is this true? Anyone hitting 4-5 mbps on their VPN?

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot setup pptp vpn on personal router? Any idea why must use external, whats the advantage. Thanks.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at VPN for torrenting. Considered Astrill but heard they keep logs and Torguard does not allow torrenting on their Singapore servers. Is this true? Anyone hitting 4-5 mbps on their VPN?

Never hit that kind of speed before by using Indo server and Proxy, but safety first uh.. After the recent torrent movie, ISP hand over IP address so be safe first.

Any idea if using VPN to torrent, ISP won't know?

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never hit that kind of speed before by using Indo server and Proxy, but safety first uh.. After the recent torrent movie, ISP hand over IP address so be safe first.

Any idea if using VPN to torrent, ISP won't know?

if u got any questions, ask their support faster & more accurate.

As per question, the vpn will encrypt your data transfer. The isp can't see unless they spent their time and decrypt. :s22:

Every Vpn will keep logs to protect themselves against legal or abuses.

From Torguard's reply, they didn't say cannot torrent on singapore network,but they recommend to use optimized BT network.
*btw, their point of view as in torrent (legal file sharing).

The bad thing about Astrill is its company location is Seychelles. WHO KNOW THEIR LAWS?
While other VPNs clustered at USA. If their new bill passed through, massive movement from VPNs to transfer out of USA will be noticeable.

lala81

Reaction score
Tried to setup Astrill (free trial) on my synology NAS. Didn't work leh. Set up as an openVPN connection and copied the cert info over. But just can't connect. Maybe try Torguard.
Using the NAS to BT.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to setup Astrill (free trial) on my synology NAS. Didn't work leh. Set up as an openVPN connection and copied the cert info over. But just can't connect. Maybe try Torguard.
Using the NAS to BT.

I'm using Asus RT-AC87U router setting up PPTP VPN, works wonder anywhere. Vietnam, thailand, cambodia all can. China never try b4 tho.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

All VPNs log in some capacity or other. I would be more concerned with a VPN that claims it has zero logging policy than one which lists out what they log.

mshahrulazri

Reaction score
All VPNs log in some capacity or other. I would be more concerned with a VPN that claims it has zero logging policy than one which lists out what they log.

I see. It seems that Torguard and Astrill are popular on this board.
Any experience on which has better torrent speeds?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.