Poll On SSB (Singapore Savings Bond)

Will You Be Applying for SSB? If So, How Much?

• Not Applying For SSB

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Applying $500-$2,000

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Applying $2,000-5,000

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Applying $5,000-10,000

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Applying $10,000 to $20,000

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Applying $20,000 to $50,000

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
So far the polls have all been very well responded, thanks all for sharing your views

as SSB is coming out in the 2nd half of this year

this poll is to find out the interest level among investors in HWZ forum

cheers

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about SSB? I feel it may be a good place to park some money as compared to bank savings accounts. It's slightly less liquid as you need 1 month to withdraw but interest rates are a lot better.

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
I like SSB a lot, I am currently 80% vested in stocks... so gonna put my 20% into SSB and corporate bonds

if bear bear comes and stocks fall 20-30%, can take out SSB and buy cheap blue chips

is this a good idea?

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think is quite good for me as I am looking for places to park my cash other than in OCBC 360. Although it requires one month of notice in order to withdraw the cash, I still feel ok la, since it has zero risk as we can get back our principle (guarantee) so I will go for it

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can't fight inflation though. Would be a great option if it's at least 3%.

sandwicher

Reaction score
None because I don't have so much excess cash. OCBC 360 and UOB One is enough to keep me satisfied

Flex11

Master Member
Reaction score
Details of SSB has been encouraging so far.

A well rounded portfolio need stuffs like SSB to balance off the risk we take in equities.

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like SSB a lot, I am currently 80% vested in stocks... so gonna put my 20% into SSB and corporate bonds

if bear bear comes and stocks fall 20-30%, can take out SSB and buy cheap blue chips

is this a good idea?

Yep, that's a great idea. The SSB's got liquidity like a bank account (have I got that right? Are there restrictions on how often you can redeem them?) and interest rates like a govvy bond. It's a no-brainer.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's a great idea. The SSB's got liquidity like a bank account (have I got that right? Are there restrictions on how often you can redeem them?) and interest rates like a govvy bond. It's a no-brainer.

My thoughts exactly. Those who said yield is too low, perhaps you are thinking of it as an investment vehicle? In that case it would not be very attractive and IMO is not the way it's meant to be used.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is this a good idea?

that is to say if u got $1k, ur stock worth $800 and coming SSB will be $200? :s13::s13:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
so far 32% will not be taking SSB

for those not interested in SSB, what changes do they have to make to attract u in?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.