Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

senser

Reaction score
walau..got a foam RC plane for us60...(buy in Sg may cost $150-180)
Pkg wt 2 kg...Vpost charge me 9.1kg!! 90 sgd! some volumetric charge blah blah...
KPKB to them , they give me 30% discount. End up have to pay 60+ sgd shipping.

Another pkg misc small items cost 70usd weight 2kg they charge 2.8kg almost 40+ sgd kpkb discount till 30+ ..next time not using vpost...i tried vpost because i bundle 2 orders...

Xgelis

Reaction score
Pkg wt 2 kg...Vpost charge me 9.1kg!! 90 sgd! some volumetric charge blah blah...

Another pkg misc small items cost 70usd weight 2kg they charge 2.8kg almost 40+ sgd kpkb discount till 30+ ..next time not using vpost...i tried vpost because i bundle 2 orders...

Didn't take into consideration for potential volume weight charges? Or did you expect the shipper to ship in a as small as possible sized box w/o asking?

kiirshio

Reaction score
Hi all, what is the cheapest option for shipping a pair of shoes from US? And around how much would that be?

Ghostz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gshipexpress looks decent, price difference is negligible if u r already prime customer on CGW. the repacking is interesting, look forward to see your review on the overall experience.

I was recommended by a friend to use gshipexpress. Bought some baby stuff from the US.
Total bill was cheaper than what it would be if i used Vpost.
Delivery time is about same as any others. Seems like repacking saved me some costs. :D

Will consider to use them again if I have other stuffs to buy from overseas. ;)

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

User fault blame vpost for what? Do your calculation..... To be safe use congateway, they can help you estimate the cost

honglee

Reaction score
myUS

Hi,

Anyone tried myUs true weight shipping? i have an item that quite large (a lot of small and light item) but weight like 2kg only.

Can anyone give me a an advice on who to pick?

zodiac21

Reaction score
Hi avault1810,

But I am not sure your us shipping company is a good catch.. 1st, 50% promotion is till 31 May. Take note that discount is a bonus and is not a GIVEN. Company can cut off at any point.

For me, I prefer to look at facts and figures. And if you compare your recommendation myus.com, this is the one I would be fainted by the price.

Based on a 5 kg parcel calculation, here are the shipping cost comparison
(in order of cost)

GShipExpress - USD$34.84
Comgateway - USD$41.05
Vpost - SGD$58.90 (USD$43.62)
MyUSA - USD$80.97 (2.32x more costly than gship, way off scale)

Even myusa with 50% discount is only at USD$40 odd, which got to remain forever in order to use it. If one fine day, the promotion terminates, guess I will be stuck with shipment that need to pay EXTREMELY HIGH cost.

Big NO NO for me.

Here is my previous analysis on MyUSA.. If you think that it is cheaper course it charged based on physical weight then you go ahead and try..

We can advise but risk is yours to take.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone have experience with viabox? I came across it on google

surfbuyer

Reaction score
Is the 50% off shipping for gshipexpress or myusa? TIA :)

Hi avault1810,

But I am not sure your us shipping company is a good catch.. 1st, 50% promotion is till 31 May. Take note that discount is a bonus and is not a GIVEN. Company can cut off at any point.

For me, I prefer to look at facts and figures. And if you compare your recommendation myus.com, this is the one I would be fainted by the price.

(in order of cost)

GShipExpress - USD$34.84
Comgateway - USD$41.05

Even myusa with 50% discount is only at USD$40 odd, which got to remain forever in order to use it. If one fine day, the promotion terminates, guess I will be stuck with shipment that need to pay EXTREMELY HIGH cost.

Big NO NO for me.

avault1810

Reaction score
Hi avault1810,

(in order of cost)

GShipExpress - USD$34.84
Comgateway - USD$41.05

Big NO NO for me.

So I signed up for Gshipexpress and MyUS to do some comparisons. I find both companies have different advantages that depends on your needs.

Note: I haven’t physically sent anything back yet but I am planning to try both out. I’ve already sent my first order to Gship yesterday.
This means I can only compare based on the prices and what information I can find on their website - nothing relating to shipping times / professionalism etc.

My Research:

Gshipexpress
If you should only have a small number of packages, then Gship is a great option.
Holding period is 30 days without charge, and the charges are cheap.
One issue is that if you have more than three packages then they charge $4USD for each subsequent package.
They will repack each box so long as the difference is one KG - this I think is pretty good.
Address is in Oregon which means no sales tax - also good
I also found their website to be a bit amateurish with mistakes in spelling / punctuation. But this is a minor issue. Also it seems they don’t have many members - in Singapore it appears they have less than 700 users, so I hope they know what they are doing.

For MyUS - it is 50% off now until May 31, after which it will be 30% off two years from your date of enrollment (via the AMEX link) -

If the 50% discounts are extended it would be good to use them if you will have many packages and the weight would cross 10KG, plus many of your items actually comprise of more volumetric weight.
Holding period is also 30 days, but the best part is that do not charge for volumetric weight.
From what I understand how they do this that they repack every single item that they can into lesser number of boxes (or 1 if they can) - it makes sense but for some it may not be so nice to have every single item repacked into another box.
Address is in Florida which has about 6% sales tax for online stores that have operations / outlets / offices in Florida.
They appear to be a huge company with 300K members.
One other benefit is that they offer multiple shipping companies.
E.g FedEX, DHL, UPS etc.
This gives you more options and better pricing choices. At different weight steps somethings DHL is cheaper and at others FedEx is cheaper.
But at the 11KG weight (remember they don’t count volumetric), Fedex is $114USD before discounts. Even with 30% off it is a good value if you have bulky items.

Vpost - they won’t really open your packages unless it is 3KG or more. So if you really prefer not to have your items opened then Vpost has its benefits in this way.
Also you declare the value of each item, and the threshold of $400 is charged per package and not per shipment.

Comgateway - I swore never to touch them again after a major fiasco years ago where my packages took 3 - 4 months before they found it and they had no idea where they were.

Borderlinx - Gave up when years ago when they jacked up prices overnight without notice, never used them since

Basically I have just shipped back my last shipment from Vpost and will be moving on to Gship and MyUS - depending on whether MyUS extends a better discount. 30% may still be good if you are sending bulking items and have many packages.

My most recent shipment from Vpost has 15 packages. I paid over 8KG excess in volumetric weight. But I had some packages I needed in original box unopened.

TL:DR -
Recommendation based solely on pricing:
Few Packages, lightweight - GshipExpress
Many packages, bulky but light items, total weight around 10kg - MyUS (via Amex signup)
Vpost - try not to use unless you really don’t want people opening your packages as much as possible

dnlei123

Reaction score
TL:DR -
Recommendation based solely on pricing:
Few Packages, lightweight - GshipExpress
Many packages, bulky but light items, total weight around 10kg - MyUS (via Amex signup)
Vpost - try not to use unless you really don’t want people opening your packages as much as possible

i compared 1kg shipping between 65dg and Gshipexpress, seems 65dg cheaper leh for my item(< us$50).

GSE - $15.24USD
65dg - SGD9+agent fee

Last edited:

vhongada

Reaction score
Dear All,

can any one advise me how much is the estimated shipping cost for a pair of sneaker from Europe to Singapore using Vpost. Thanks in advance! :)

zodiac21

Reaction score
i compared 1kg shipping between 65dg and Gshipexpress, seems 65dg cheaper leh for my item(< us$50).

GSE - $15.24USD
65dg - SGD9+agent fee

Yeah, you can try to use the 65dg if you think is cheaper. But for me, cost and reliability of the service both weight a certain factor.

This was what I read that make me choose GSHIPEXPRESS over 65dg even thought its cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/65daigou/posts/876167612427908

For 65dg, Majority of users complaints of their packages missing or even not listed in warehouse after 1 month.

So still staying with GSHIPEXPRESS. Already 17 shipments so far with no issue. Do not want to risk my items missing as well.

Gibberish

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I gave GShipExpress a try based on recommendations here, but I encountered this issue. I was charged based on the dimensions of the volumetric weight of the shipping cartons of my packages, but they were shipped out sans the shipping cartons. The items themselves were much smaller than the cartons. The first reply I got from them regarding this issue is that it's to "save shipping cost". But in this case it's only to save costs for them.

Has anyone encountered this? Isn't it fraudulent to charge me for more than what was shipped?

Last edited:

jace88

Reaction score
It seems the popular choice is gship express now.

Would this be a better choice than others for something small light but valuable like an apple watch?

zodiac21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I gave GShipExpress a try based on recommendations here, but I encountered this issue. I was charged based on the dimensions of the volumetric weight of the shipping cartons of my packages, but they were shipped out sans the shipping cartons. The items themselves were much smaller than the cartons. The first reply I got from them regarding this issue is that it's to "save shipping cost". But in this case it's only to save costs for them.

Has anyone encountered this? Isn't it fraudulent to charge me for more than what was shipped?

So far my experience with GShipExpress are good. From my experience with them, they measure the dimension of your package after the repacking meh.

Never encounter what you have mentioned. So far, has been a cost savings for me already since they do not charge repacking fee. :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.