NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnKn0wNaL13n

Reaction score
what are the chances of a foreigner with a 3.74 gpa from sp getting accepted if i haven't received any news from them up until now?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
no i'm not. I'm a PR, who has gone through 12 years of singaporean education...

The length of your stay here doesn't change anything. Being a PR pits you against foreign scholars who are applying. If you're a guy, you can try again after you convert your PR to citizenship during NS.

littlecredits

Reaction score
Got the darned rejection message by NUS too, so I am planning my appeal now.
Just a question, should I write why I want to enter NUS or why I want to enter the certain faculty? Will the admissions office pass on my appeal to the faculty for consideration or will it purely stay within the admissions office?

Any senior here has appealed before and would like to share their appeal experience? I would really like to know the success rate, especially if appealing to the same course again (because NUS emphasized that we should appeal to a different course instead).
Thanks!!

slayerfin

Reaction score
Got the darned rejection message by NUS too, so I am planning my appeal now.
Just a question, should I write why I want to enter NUS or why I want to enter the certain faculty? Will the admissions office pass on my appeal to the faculty for consideration or will it purely stay within the admissions office?

Any senior here has appealed before and would like to share their appeal experience? I would really like to know the success rate, especially if appealing to the same course again (because NUS emphasized that we should appeal to a different course instead).
Thanks!!

Where did they say that we should appeal to a different course?

vonnorth

Reaction score
The length of your stay here doesn't change anything. Being a PR pits you against foreign scholars who are applying. If you're a guy, you can try again after you convert your PR to citizenship during NS.

Hey Havok, I've sent you PM regarding my situation. Really hope you will read it :(

Gowhek12

Reaction score
Did anyone who went for DA interview receive their acceptance or rejection letter from NUS alr?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
we are pitted against foreigners? but i thought those with the local education can be considered as "local" category?

Like I said before. There is a cap on 'international students'. Yes, you can be a "Local applicant" because you have done the SG A-levels or poly diploma. But this does not make you a 'local student'. You are stil an international student regardless of your educational background. Just because you are a 'local applicant' does not mean you are local student. You can be an "international student" and a "local applicant" at the same time. The former is based on your nationality, the latter is based on your educational background.

nightzsky

Reaction score
haha why is that! can't decide between ntu or nus comp science still. leaning more on NUS now

Nus computer science is better! Last time went to search on the salary, nus cs graduate earns more than ntu cs graduate. Somemore, in nus, u can freely choose ur 2nd major(if u wan to take), it's better! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.