Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very entertaing and thrilling match indeed, but still not what I was looking for after the Roma defeat. Our defence was exposed yet again, even against a 10 man Inter. I appreciate the goals being scored by Tudor and Del Piero though as it was completely hard to score with many players blocking the way in front of Fontana.

I was confident going through the penalties since we had more attacking players than Inter in the field (DP-Treze-Nedved-Miccoli), and the trio mentioned first started from the second half and thus were lest tired. Vieri was clealry exhausted as he hardly moved during the extra time period.

Tactically, Juve were the better team as well. Inter looked lost most of the time and played without a clear scheme. Inter's substitutions were also wierd as Van Der Myede was substitued in (Cana) and then out (Emre) again. That left Zac with no other options going towards the end of the match.

I think this win and the final birth in the Coppa Italia could be a turning point for us and hopfully things will turn better in Serie A too.

Juve's best player: Enzo Maresca. It's not easy to emmulate Nedved in the first half successfuly, and then Tacchi in the second. But Enzo did the job with great fashion. Well Done !!

(Even though Del Piero scored a goal and cleared Adani's header off the line, but still he was slow and his passes were soft).

Juve's worst player: Couldn't find anyone but I think Trezeguet wasn't involved much.

Inter's best player: Adriano. Everytime he touched the ball he was dangerous. But thanks to our one man advantage we were able to contain him. J. Zanetti is a close second as he commanded Inter's defence superbly.

Inter's worst player: Van Der Myede. Didn't add anything to Inter's cause and wasted 2 substitutions from Zac. A close second is Farinos for his terrible marking on Del Piero's goal, and also weak midfield.

Silver star? Why not.

courtesy of dpforever

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus to the final
13 02 2004

(La Presse)
It had to be like this! Juventus will play the final match of Coppa Italia Tim Cup against Lazio. Inter beated at San Siro stadium. After 120 minutes of game, the match finishes to the penalty goal. Great block by Chimenti on Vieri. On march 17th and 13th the double match with Lazio.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15/02 - wk 21: Lecce-Milan, Ancona-Roma, Juve-Reggina

22/02 - wk 22: Milan-Inter, Roma-Siena, Bologna-Juve

24/02 - CL: Sparta-Milan, Deportivo-Juve

26/02 - UEFA: Gaziantepspor-Roma

29/02 - wk 23: Lazio-Milan, Parma-Roma, Juve-Ancona

03/03 - UEFA: Roma-Gaziantepspor

07/03 - wk 24: Milan-Samp, Roma-Inter, Brescia-Juve

09/03 - CL: Milan-Sparta, Juve-Deportivo

14/03 - wk 25: Juve-Milan, Reggina-Roma

17/03 - Coppa Italia Final 1st leg: juve-lazio

12/05 - Coppa Italia Final 2nd leg: lazio-juve

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lippi jubilant - Zac saddened

Marcello Lippi insists that Juventus deserved to reach the Coppa Italia Final after their shoot-out win against Inter.

"It was an excellent game," he stated after the 2-2 draw. "We had the misfortune of going behind early on but we were always in control of the match.

"We were dominating but Inter managed to equalise in the closing seconds to take it into extra-time. But our performance deserved qualification."

Lippi?s views mirror the reality of the game even if Inter were unlucky, especially as they hit the woodwork twice and they were denied what looked like a penalty on Emre.

"I have little to say," said a clearly disappointed Alberto Zaccheroni. "We were without defenders and playing with 10 men after Cordoba was sent-off.

"I?m very discontented because the side was doing well after we lost Fabio Cannavaro with injury so soon into the game. It was a shame."

Was he expecting this kind of performance from Juventus who were destroyed 4-0 at the Olimpico against Roma on Sunday?

"I expected them to play how they did play," he added. "The referee? I never comment on their performances."

Italian champions Juventus will now face Lazio in the two-legged finals which will be played in March and May.

The capital outfit qualified after they beat Milan 4-0 on Wednesday to ensure a 6-1 aggregate victory.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb13a.html

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
No way we gonna sell Nedved away..

in moggi's theory, no such thing as "no way". if he can sell zidane, why not nedved (though i dun wish him to go)

i read from some reports saying that juve might be tight in $ coz of the revamp of their stadium. maybe they need to sell nedved to have $ to buy new players?

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
15/02 - wk 21: Lecce-Milan, Ancona-Roma, Juve-Reggina

22/02 - wk 22: Milan-Inter, Roma-Siena, Bologna-Juve

24/02 - CL: Sparta-Milan, Deportivo-Juve

26/02 - UEFA: Gaziantepspor-Roma

29/02 - wk 23: Lazio-Milan, Parma-Roma, Juve-Ancona

03/03 - UEFA: Roma-Gaziantepspor

07/03 - wk 24: Milan-Samp, Roma-Inter, Brescia-Juve

09/03 - CL: Milan-Sparta, Juve-Deportivo

14/03 - wk 25: Juve-Milan, Reggina-Roma

17/03 - Coppa Italia Final 1st leg: juve-lazio

12/05 - Coppa Italia Final 2nd leg: lazio-juve

how come 1st leg & 2nd leg so far apart?

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
demouse said:

in moggi's theory, no such thing as "no way". if he can sell zidane, why not nedved (though i dun wish him to go)

i read from some reports saying that juve might be tight in $ coz of the revamp of their stadium. maybe they need to sell nedved to have $ to buy new players?

it would be a pain to see him go.

hmm, tot Zidane went to Real was becos his family wants to move to Spain?

sleepyhealer

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No way that we can sell him unless the young dutch player from Ajax come here... Cannot remember his spelling but it is Van Der Vaart.... I think... he is damn good. He should fit well into Juventus and that he is only 20 this year... Good investment if Ajax willing to sell

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:

it would be a pain to see him go.

hmm, tot Zidane went to Real was becos his family wants to move to Spain?

ya the main reason is zidane wanted to leave. but if zidane doesn't want to leave, u think moggi will reject the big $ and let him stay?

i'm afraid this time round moggi will still prefer the big $ than nedved :(

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
sleepyhealer said:
No way that we can sell him unless the young dutch player from Ajax come here... Cannot remember his spelling but it is Van Der Vaart.... I think... he is damn good. He should fit well into Juventus and that he is only 20 this year... Good investment if Ajax willing to sell

i still prefer aimar :D

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Serie A Week 21 - 15/2/04 (20.30)
Juventus - Reggina Preview
Delayed Telecast on Ch 21, 16 Feb, Mon @ 10:00pm
Stadio Delle Alpi
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus will need a show of force to put the 4-0 humiliation at the hands of Roma behind them, but Reggina won’t want to be lambs to the slaughter again.

The Bianconeri suffered their worst Serie A defeat in a decade when hammered in the Stadio Olimpico last Sunday night. Alessandro Del Piero was in the stands after suffering a muscular problem which tests later showed to be a minor twinge, so the captain should be back in the starting line-up to partner the ineffectual David Trezeguet.

The defence has been the real weak point of their campaign so far and is further hampered by the ban for Paolo Montero – who saw red at the Olimpico – while Mark Iuliano and Alessandro Birindelli are injured. 37-year-old Ciro Ferrara is recalled to make the difference, while Antonio Conte looks set to retain his spot in midfield.

Marcello Lippi insists that Juve’s Scudetto challenge is not over, but with eight points dividing them from leaders Milan it will take a remarkable string of results to turn this around. Morale is at an all time low and what they need now is a confident victory to get them back on track.

Reggina know this situation all too well, having come up against an Inter side in a similar situation and suffering a 6-0 drubbing as a result. Coach Giancarlo Camolese is already dealing with the aftermath of their disappointing 0-0 draw with ten-man Brescia last week, so the situation is extremely delicate.

Former Juve midfielder Davide Baiocco will not step back into the Delle Alpi due to a suspension, while David Di Michele and Paredes are probably out with injuries. Japanese international Shunsuke Nakamura would have been set for a rare start, but he has been called back to his homeland for a World Cup qualifier. Roberto Stellone, Gianluca Comotto, Stefano Torrisi and Giandomenico Mesto step in to the side, while Emiliano Bonazzoli is hoping to end his goal drought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Tudor, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Conte; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Reggina (probable): Belardi; Comotto, Torrisi, Franceschini; Mesto, Mozart, Tedesco, Falsini; Cozza; Stellone, Bonazzoli

Ref: To folllow

channel 4

ZhuGeLiang

Reaction score
A big morale boost after the victory against inter. Juve to win 2-1

One good news, Montero not playing due to suspension :cool:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juventus, Rangers target Saviola closer to Barcelona exit

February 14, 2004

Juventus and Rangers are among clubs monitoring Javier Saviola's situation at Barcelona.

The Argentine's future at the Nou Camp is on shaky ground after it emerged that he is still to organise his qualification for a European passport.

Saviola's bid for a Spanish passport has been rejected, but there remains a possibility he could qualify for Italian papers.

However, AS says the striker's representatives are reluctant to push it through as they're disappointed at the lack of support Barca's board have shown the youngster in recent months.

It's reported that Barca would rather sell Saviola in the summer than see the striker gain his EU passport, as that would trigger a clause in his contract earning him a massive £650,000 bonus.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/spanishnews140204.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AC Milan outbids Juventus for Bonera

February 14, 2004

AC Milan have outbid Juventus for Parma fullback Daniele Bonera.

The youngster is a target for both clubs, though Milan's £3.5 million offer is far greater than what Juve have so far brought to the table.

Despite their massive cash problems, Parma are willing to wait as they are convinced Premiership and La Liga clubs will also join the auction as the summer transfer window draws closer.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews140204.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monaco's Squillaci: I know Juventus are following me

February 14, 2004

AS Monaco defender Sebastien Squillaci has confirmed he knows Juventus are chasing him.

The young fullback was watched this week by Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi and said, "I knew they (the Juve delegation) were here, but I did not meet them.

"I know that Juve have followed me for a long time and of course I am flattered. It's a great satisfaction, though nothing will be decided until the end of the season.

"But of course it would be great to play in Italy."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/february/italnews2140204.html

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.