Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm thinking of using Astrill VPN with a synology NAS as well.
I only want to use the NAS to climb bukit timah with the VPN. Is it difficult to set up?

It is a little troublesome but can be done if you know how to use telnet. I managed to get it running and it is generally much faster than unotelly's vpn.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true, PIA and Torguard do not log any traffic or session data, whereas astrill keeps session data meaning your IP address.

if they dont keep logs, how do you think their engineers can do network enhancements and traffic optimisations?

also if ever there is a large scale terrorist act that kill thousands of people, and it is found that those terrorists are using your vpn service, do you think the service provider will close a blind eye?

Last edited:

keigo

Master Member
Reaction score
badvpn.png

Unless we physically access their infrastructure, we can't really tell if they claim is legit or not, it's all speculation.

Imperado

Reaction score
have a question to ask about vpn

when using vpn, the destination server will only see your vpn address right? But ISP will know your real IP connect to that VPN IP address right though they cant see the content?

Say your IP is 200.0.0.1 -> 100.0.0.1(VPN) -> google.com.sg

- gogle will only see source is 100.0.0.1 but if he know say the actual user is from singapore, he can ask ISP at this specific time based on destination ip 100.0.0.1 find whose the source?

or am i missing out something

Soccer Ball

Suspended
Reaction score
have a question to ask about vpn

when using vpn, the destination server will only see your vpn address right? But ISP will know your real IP connect to that VPN IP address right though they cant see the content?

Say your IP is 200.0.0.1 -> 100.0.0.1(VPN) -> google.com.sg

- gogle will only see source is 100.0.0.1 but if he know say the actual user is from singapore, he can ask ISP at this specific time based on destination ip 100.0.0.1 find whose the source?

or am i missing out something

https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/

Imperado

Reaction score

Other then DNS leak.. im more towards ISP knows that you are connecting to the VPN server since the VPN IP address you connect to is the same IP address the destination sees it.

For example, I create an account and my real IP address is being logged(assuming no vpn at this point). Few days later I got a VPN and continue using.

Even though im using VPN now, my real IP was being logged at the start and from that they can tell which ISP I am from. Subsequent usage of that account and if need require they can ask the specific ISP to see which address is going to that VPN IP address and from there trace to the user right?

For discussion sake, exploring the idea that even with VPN still can trace back to you from co-relation with data they have at the start.

RunningBoar

Reaction score
Er, wanna ask for PIA users which servers do you use to climb? And do you use it in conjunction with SOCKS provided by PIA>?

phrozact

Reaction score
PIA just released their iOS app :)

Tried the PIA app and while the interface looks really pleasent, I've had trouble connecting to the VPN while on those free WiFi networks. Had to switch back to the OpenVPN app to connect back to PIA.

playnwork

Reaction score
using Torguard for climbing as it apprently does not keep logs..speed and ease of use still ok.

and just to clear the air, it states clearly on their FAQ that they do not keep logs, so why still argue??

Torguard FAQ section

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.