NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonnorth

Reaction score
Hi, I just received rejection letter from both NUS and NTU. I am a foreigner and was applying for Mech Engineering first choice with 80rp. I am planning to appeal to EEE for both unis which was my 5th choice. Is this a wise decision? or should I try appealing for another course? I don't think I stand a chance anyway :s11:, it's so competitive for foreigners...

same situation.. whats ur plan if you fail ur appeal?

hpkishere

Reaction score
same situation.. whats ur plan if you fail ur appeal?

I am going to apply for one last time next year with different choices and also to other unis. I think i really overestimated my results (very dumb of me) and I should have chosen EEE as my first choice instead of fifth. My foreigner friend with 80 rp (same rp as me) got into EEE which was his first choice. If I still get rejected then most probably I will pursue engineering overseas... How about you??

stressedout95

Reaction score
Please dun come com science

in local uni

u all will regret it

dun say nvr warn u all!!!!

hello,

I don't think you should keep spreading the fact saying what " don't come com science u will regret it" stuff. If you can't do well in that course, blame it solely on yourself. I know of people who dislike their course subjects and are still in the top 5% of their cohort in the school. Why? They know better than to quit and be a pessimist like you and they know that even if they don't like whatever they are taking, there is a need to score well and competition is naturally stiff because like it or not, THIS IS A UNIVERSITY. You think the working life is a bed of roses? Well think again. It's more of a dog eat dog world out there than in university where all you compete with are your peers bro. Just my thoughts, peace :) x

stressedout95

Reaction score
I am going to apply for one last time next year with different choices and also to other unis. I think i really overestimated my results (very dumb of me) and I should have chosen EEE as my first choice instead of fifth. My foreigner friend with 80 rp (same rp as me) got into EEE which was his first choice. If I still get rejected then most probably I will pursue engineering overseas... How about you??

Hi, are you currently serving NS or..? Anw, hope your appeal results are successful!

nightzsky

Reaction score
hey guys..i got rejected by both nus and ntu.. and now i am considering about appealing..nid some advice..do u think appeal to ntu cs with rp 78.75 will stand a chance to get in? or should i chg to other course like mathematical science? i am a foreigner..

stressedout95

Reaction score
hey guys..i got rejected by both nus and ntu.. and now i am considering about appealing..nid some advice..do u think appeal to ntu cs with rp 78.75 will stand a chance to get in? or should i chg to other course like mathematical science? i am a foreigner..

What course in SPMS? you can check with the guy who got 80rp and is a foreigner!

stressedout95

Reaction score
just mathematical science. that guy got in already? i put chem for first choice in ntu but got rejected.:(

I just checked the igp table thingy and it says Chem has a lower rp required than for mathematical sciences!!! Also if you really are interested about the course no harm trying!

nightzsky

Reaction score
I just checked the igp table thingy and it says Chem has a lower rp required than for mathematical sciences!!! Also if you really are interested about the course no harm trying!

ya but got rejected for chem:(. actually i like computer science a lot..i just scared i cant stand a chance in getting it since it is so competitive and popular.. haha thanks!:o

paperplanes_

Reaction score
Hello! :)

Thanks for this! May I know what the article was roughly about? Was it like a philosophy passage?

Hope I will get a nice professor as well!! :)
helloooo :D

It was! An article about knowledge in relation to beliefs, I can't remember the author's name though):

All the best and relax for the interview :)

keith seow

Reaction score
Sorry, I was on mobile phone mode at the time sufting hwz. Thus I did not see any pms. I just replied u.

eyhyyyy

Reaction score
What are the chances of having a success appeal to nbs with a cgpa of 3.738? Do you think it's okay to include in the 250-word essay the fact that I have an online business with >10k followers? Then i could mail to the school some supporting documents like my website, screenshots and stuff..? To show my interest in taking up business etc. i took business in poly too

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it not that difficult, however I think of changing course or even quit school. my standard is not good enough for NTU.

cos the environment is a bit too fast paced for me, and it is like more rewarding for those "elite", if you are those average or below average student, your life will only get harder, when u reach year 2 or year 3, ytou might feel that you dun have interest in computing anymore

I have interest in programming and computer, but not this kind of "computing", it is a bit too chim for

I dk how to explain to you here

in short, if you are those zai kia or programming pro, it will be a heaven for you, cos u will enjoy coding and ADVANCE MATH for you, and the MATH is like SUPER CHIM that kind.

If you are those want to just smoke your way through the 4 years and want to just get a normal degree, you might have a very hard time. This course is not for people who want a "easy life".

it is 70% math related content there, it is super chim

if you all really not scare of being trash until siao by FT and JC people...go ahead :)

If you open house, they wun tell u the hard-truth one la

Your message is pretty crystal. We probably wouldn't know if all others will regret it, but certainly all others knows you regret it badly.

The reason is because you have claimed your incompetency in the course, so I think logic and reasonings pointed out that we can believe the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.

The very fact you can come into the public forum and publicly position your incompetency and claimed the problem is elsewhere is exactly why you can't do well in Computer Science. You basically don't qualify the prerequisite in exercising good judgement in logics.

When you go into an education having your objectives such as "easy life", "smoke your way thru", "get a normal degree", is what we called mismatched of expectation. In the Computer Science stream, we don't want easy life, what want challenging life. We don't want to smoke our way thru because what makes things work is we understand as much as possible of them. We definitely don't like a normal degree, the degree for respectable IT professionals is a pride we carry long after we graduated.

Have you finally realise it ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.