[Official] BlackBerry Leap

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
63VwF.png

BlackBerry just unveiled the next BlackBerry 10 mid-range device - BlackBerry Leap.

BlackBerry Leap includes a brilliant edge-to-edge five-inch HD display, BlackBerry’s latest operating system and more than a full day’s battery power, keeping users hyper connected, productive and always in control.

BlackBerry Leap Smartphone Unveiled

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Key Specifications:
Snapdragon S4 Plus chip with a 1.5GHz dual-core Krait CPU
2GB of RAM
5" HD display resulting in a pixel density of 294ppi
170 grams
2,800 mAh non-removable battery

FyCsL.jpg

Mr. Bushido

Reaction score
I do not have concrete news on that, but once its spotted in IDA database or BlackBerry announce it, we will shout it out!

That's great :)

Really hope BlackBerry doesn't drag their feet when it comes to releasing this device in Singapore. Also hope that the Leap sees a release through more distribution channels. I remember how the Blackberry Z3 was released so late in Singapore last year and it was so sparsely distributed, it was hard to get it.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think only starhub took it in if I'm not wrong.

Well, if it follows the growth from passport to success, they may just as well be what your asking for.

However, that said, if the telco's don't bullsh!t us, then there's no problem.

That's great :)

Really hope BlackBerry doesn't drag their feet when it comes to releasing this device in Singapore. Also hope that the Leap sees a release through more distribution channels. I remember how the Blackberry Z3 was released so late in Singapore last year and it was so sparsely distributed, it was hard to get it.

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it's got the same specs as a Z10, battery life of a Z30 and a crappy wireless module that doesn't do 5ghz WIFI.

No idea what the point of this phone is. They might as well sell the Z30 at that price. And replace the Z30 with the Z50. (like how graphics card companies just rebrand their old GPUs into a new series)

Mr. Bushido

Reaction score
So it's got the same specs as a Z10, battery life of a Z30 and a crappy wireless module that doesn't do 5ghz WIFI.

No idea what the point of this phone is. They might as well sell the Z30 at that price. And replace the Z30 with the Z50. (like how graphics card companies just rebrand their old GPUs into a new series)

Or like how when Apple releases a new iPhone, the previous year's iPhone slides down to mid-range. I have never understood why all these companies want to spend money to develop a new "mid-range"/"Entry-level" phone. Why not sell the previous generation flagship as mid-range?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.