NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazeyy

Reaction score
Hiii guys.. By now most people have already got rejection from NTU but I have yet to hear from them yet. Rank points 70 with MTL 72 (BCC/C, Gp D PW B) and my firsy choice is history (they require good gp grades though) do you think I still stand a chancd?!

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hiii guys.. By now most people have already got rejection from NTU but I have yet to hear from them yet. Rank points 70 with MTL 72 (BCC/C, Gp D PW B) and my firsy choice is history (they require good gp grades though) do you think I still stand a chancd?!

I think you stand a reasonable, 50/50 chance. Your RP is just borderline. But your GP grade might be an issue. For a humanities course, language and writing is very important. So getting into the course is one thing. Graduating with grades good enough to be employed is another issue altogether. The employment rate for humanities grads are very low. And if you just graduate with a pass or a third class, it will be very difficult to find a job or do post-grad.

keith seow

Reaction score

Although u met the min requirement for 10 percentile. However, your interview performance greatly affects your chance at getting the course. Furthermore, history got low intake.

Qosmix

Reaction score
For anyone who went to the SMU IS review interview, do update if u guys get your placing!

vonnorth

Reaction score
Hi, NTU website says appeal outcome will be released in end june/early july.
However, it also says that 2nd acceptance window is from 7 june ~ 21 june.

It doenst make sense right? anyone knows when will we be notified about our appeal outcome?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Hi, NTU website says appeal outcome will be released in end june/early july.
However, it also says that 2nd acceptance window is from 7 june ~ 21 june.

It doenst make sense right? anyone knows when will we be notified about our appeal outcome?

Does it really matter though? Get means get. Dont get means dont get. Be it early July or 21 June. They probably mentioned early July because there is a possibility of outliers or people getting accepted even after 21 June. But the majority will probably be rejected before 21 June. IIRC appeals are usually done much quicker than the first applications.

vonnorth

Reaction score
Does it really matter though? Get means get. Dont get means dont get. Be it early July or 21 June. They probably mentioned early July because there is a possibility of outliers or people getting accepted even after 21 June. But the majority will probably be rejected before 21 June. IIRC appeals are usually done much quicker than the first applications.

Is there many people who enter NTU thru appeal? Or it hardly happens? Im a foreigner with 76.25 rank points and appealing to EEE. Whats my chances? Just roughly

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Is there many people who enter NTU thru appeal? Or it hardly happens? Im a foreigner with 76.25 rank points and appealing to EEE. Whats my chances? Just roughly

Probably not many. From what I notice, the majority of successful appeals are by those who already have a spot in NTU and appeal to another course. Its quite rare for those who have no spot at all and appeal to get in. It does happen. But not often. Probably 5% of a cohort gets in like that. Not sure about foreigners either.

You must realise that by 2nd June, most spots have already been taken up. Even if there are people who give up their offers, it happens way before 2nd June. And between the time they gave up their offer and by 2nd June, the school had enough time to offer that spot to someone else, who would likely accept the offer.

The only spots left AFTER 2nd June are those that were given up very close to the deadline (ie 2nd June). Which is not that many people IMO.

As for EEE, I think you would have the highest chances there since it has a low IGP. But then again, most of the foreigners in EEE that I know of were all straight As or close to straight A.

slayerfin

Reaction score
Probably not many. From what I notice, the majority of successful appeals are by those who already have a spot in NTU and appeal to another course. Its quite rare for those who have no spot at all and appeal to get in. It does happen. But not often. Probably 5% of a cohort gets in like that. Not sure about foreigners either.

You must realise that by 2nd June, most spots have already been taken up. Even if there are people who give up their offers, it happens way before 2nd June. And between the time they gave up their offer and by 2nd June, the school had enough time to offer that spot to someone else, who would likely accept the offer.

The only spots left AFTER 2nd June are those that were given up very close to the deadline (ie 2nd June). Which is not that many people IMO.

As for EEE, I think you would have the highest chances there since it has a low IGP. But then again, most of the foreigners in EEE that I know of were all straight As or close to straight A.

You sound like someone who knows a lot. What school and course are you in?

Havok_ex

Reaction score
You sound like someone who knows a lot. What school and course are you in?

I'm from NTU. I've just been around academic forums a really long time to see the trends. But do take my words with a pinch of salt. As trends go, they might not be similar for each and every year.

alianagrande

Reaction score
For anyone who went to the SMU IS review interview, do update if u guys get your placing!

just got rejected for IS, rp is 70 without MT and 72 with MT. gonna appeal but i really wanna get into SMU IS. how did you do? do you think i stand a good chance? in my first application i realized that i didnt add much of jc acheivements like council etc

Qosmix

Reaction score
just got rejected for IS, rp is 70 without MT and 72 with MT. gonna appeal but i really wanna get into SMU IS. how did you do? do you think i stand a good chance? in my first application i realized that i didnt add much of jc acheivements like council etc

Sorry... cant help much cuz im not a jc student. Dont know how that works

Qosmix

Reaction score
but is there anyone who got in to IS through the review interview here? Would like to know roughly how long it would take before we get to know as the portal will be closing quite soon

IloveMilo

Reaction score
Can any seniors help me pleaseeeee? :sad:

I'm a poly graduate, graduated with a final GPA of 3.68, Diploma with Merit.
Didn't do so well for O levels though.. Only 18 points:sad:..

I chionged hard enough during my poly days to win several academic awards during my 3 years though and also received a poly scholarship for my academic achievements...

I have been rejected by both NUS and NTU while still pending for SMU... I am thinking of appealing to NTU... Can any seniors rate my chances of successfully entering either

1) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
or
2) Sociology?

Any constructive advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!! :)

cooknoodles

Reaction score
Can any seniors help me pleaseeeee? :sad:

I'm a poly graduate, graduated with a final GPA of 3.68, Diploma with Merit.
Didn't do so well for O levels though.. Only 18 points:sad:..

I chionged hard enough during my poly days to win several academic awards during my 3 years though and also received a poly scholarship for my academic achievements...

I have been rejected by both NUS and NTU while still pending for SMU... I am thinking of appealing to NTU... Can any seniors rate my chances of successfully entering either

1) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
or
2) Sociology?

Any constructive advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!! :)

Hi, may i know whats ur diploma and if ure going to ns?
And what are ur choices for nus and ntu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.