NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
Can any seniors help me pleaseeeee? :sad:

I'm a poly graduate, graduated with a final GPA of 3.68, Diploma with Merit.
Didn't do so well for O levels though.. Only 18 points:sad:..

I chionged hard enough during my poly days to win several academic awards during my 3 years though and also received a poly scholarship for my academic achievements...

I have been rejected by both NUS and NTU while still pending for SMU... I am thinking of appealing to NTU... Can any seniors rate my chances of successfully entering either

1) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
or
2) Sociology?

Any constructive advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!! :)

What were your choices for NTU? Your GPA is way above both LMS or soci so you have a good chance. You might have gotten them if you put them in your initial choices. Are you local or foreign? What were your O level English grades?

IloveMilo

Reaction score
Hi, may i know whats ur diploma and if ure going to ns?
And what are ur choices for nus and ntu?

What were your choices for NTU? Your GPA is way above both LMS or soci so you have a good chance. You might have gotten them if you put them in your initial choices. Are you local or foreign? What were your O level English grades?

I'm a Singaporean gal, born and bred. :)

For NUS, I only applied to FASS.:sad:

For NTU I applied in the following order:

1) Communications studies (Trying my luck here and failed) :s34:
2) Public Policy and Global Affairs
3) Sociology
4) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
5) History

As you can see, for my NTU choices 2 and beyond, my GPA falls within the IGPs for all of the courses I applied for... I really don't understand why I couldn't get any of these :sad::sad::sad:

My O level English is A1.

Thank you so much for replying Havok_ex and cooknoodles! :)

What would my chances be of appealing to LMS or socio? Any seniors can help? :sad:

Last edited:

bennybunny

Reaction score

3) Sociology
5) History

As you can see, for my NTU choices 2 and beyond, my GPA falls within the IGPs for all of the courses I applied for... I really don't understand why I couldn't get any of these :sad::sad::sad:

What would my chances be of appealing to LMS or socio? Any seniors can help? :sad:

i would say appealing to socio would be a considerably wise move given that ur gpa is a lot higher than the igp of 3.47. although LMS igp of 3.49 isnt that far off, u have to consider that the number of places offered is significantly lesser than that of socio. then again local unis igp have never been constant for the past few years, so it might have risen a lot this year. i sent u some extra info to u via a private message, u might want to check ur inbox too.

Verdex Prime

Reaction score
Anybody's NUS application still processing?? Dunno whether to appeal to same course or different course coz my results still not out yet. :(

ilovesushi

Reaction score
Anybody's NUS application still processing?? Dunno whether to appeal to same course or different course coz my results still not out yet. :(

Mine is still processing! Just went for my Biz DA interview last Wednesday. However I screwed it up so badly. Now I worrying whether they will straight away reject me or the subsequent choice will still consider me

isabelxo

Reaction score
but is there anyone who got in to IS through the review interview here? Would like to know roughly how long it would take before we get to know as the portal will be closing quite soon

Hello! What do you mean by review interview?
Currently still waiting for calls from SMU ): Do they still have interviews?

Dj_papa

Reaction score
Hello! What do you mean by review interview?
Currently still waiting for calls from SMU ): Do they still have interviews?

when did you went for ur first interview?

review interviews are selected basic.i think is meant for those who perform not up to par during first round and yet, have the potential.

isabelxo

Reaction score
when did you went for ur first interview?

review interviews are selected basic.i think is meant for those who perform not up to par during first round and yet, have the potential.

They did not call me for any interviews ): Idk if they are still calling people for interviews ):

Havok_ex

Reaction score

3) Sociology
5) History

Wow. The IGP must have really shot up this year. HSS IGP is always in flux. Because of their small intake, their IGP can quickly change each year depending on demand. I would recommend that you appeal to soci since its intake is about 50 students more than LMS. So the chances are higher.

joey_xu

Reaction score
Can any seniors help me pleaseeeee? :sad:

I'm a poly graduate, graduated with a final GPA of 3.68, Diploma with Merit.
Didn't do so well for O levels though.. Only 18 points:sad:..

I chionged hard enough during my poly days to win several academic awards during my 3 years though and also received a poly scholarship for my academic achievements...

I have been rejected by both NUS and NTU while still pending for SMU... I am thinking of appealing to NTU... Can any seniors rate my chances of successfully entering either

1) Linguistics & Multilingual Studies
or
2) Sociology?

Any constructive advice will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!! :)

Not advice, but hope this helps
My friend went for LMS interview last week. Haven received news till now. She got a gpa of 3.73

Occifer&Gentleman

Reaction score
just checked on the nus application status portal - "application has been processed"

stressed now, went for 2 NUS biz interviews

anyone knows how soon they update after the application is "processed"?

aaa123

Reaction score
just checked on the nus application status portal - "application has been processed"

If application has been processed then you'll be able to see the offers on joint acceptance portal alr

Verdex Prime

Reaction score
Mine is still processing! Just went for my Biz DA interview last Wednesday. However I screwed it up so badly. Now I worrying whether they will straight away reject me or the subsequent choice will still consider me

I only applied to FASS though and I didn't have any interviews! :s11:
Hope they release my application results before Friday so I can choose whether or not to apply to another course..

andrewlee916

Reaction score

Hey man,all the best to you but may I know when you went for the BBA DA and how many days did it take for it to have been processed. I went for the DA last thursday and the application is still processing, thanks so much! ;)

ilovesushi

Reaction score
I only applied to FASS though and I didn't have any interviews! :s11:
Hope they release my application results before Friday so I can choose whether or not to apply to another course..
Their website says so! I also hope they will let us know by Friday. U wanna call them ask to cfm?

Marilynosy

Reaction score
Not advice, but hope this helps
My friend went for LMS interview last week. Haven received news till now. She got a gpa of 3.73

I went for NTU LMS interview last week and received email the next morning telling me I have been accepted:s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.