Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
18076322061_003fa3ceea_o.jpg

Can I know is this Armaflex Class '0' 1/2 insulation with G22 Copper Pipe?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually their price quite ok than others like FOC and free NTUC voucher somemore end out paid as higher

zeroboi

Reaction score
I am looking for a system 4, so am considering between Panasonic and Mitsubishi? Any drastic difference between the 2 other than pricing?

And thus far, best price I have seen comes from Allbest, any other merchants that I should contact?

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Thats is the standard normal setup. Nothing wrong with it. Just that there r better ones.

taytehni

Reaction score
Thats is the standard normal setup. Nothing wrong with it. Just that there r better ones.

Alright thanks :) I was wondering cause gain city gave me this setup for my aircon and i was thinking if I should upgrade it, im being quoted 60 per fan coil which adds up to 180 :(

Last edited:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks :) I was wondering cause gain city gave me this setup for my aircon and i was thinking if I should upgrade it, im being quoted 60 per fan coil which adds up to 180 :(

Its seem either they wanna carrot you or had already increase in price. Last I ask in Mar/Apr 2015, the price was 45 per fan coil for a R22 and 1/2" amaflex. :D

By this, you can judge what company are they that you are buying from.

taytehni

Reaction score
Its seem either they wanna carrot you or had already increase in price. Last I ask in Mar/Apr 2015, the price was 45 per fan coil for a R22 and 1/2" amaflex. :D

Probably already kena carrot liao, quoted 3218 for a system 3 mitsubishi electric, 2x ge10va and a ge13va, add 150 for bracket and 120 for extended warranty 😰

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I was quoted S$ 180 for my new system 3 on 12th April 2015 by GC

In the end, i paid S$ 3269 for 2 x GE10VA and 1 x GE18VA ( including the upgrades). I reused back the bracket that was used for my old Starmex

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To zippy79,

Cannot tell from the picture on the quality.

To derrickgoh,

Toshiba is under Carrier, so it's not affected, will still be in Singapore.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I managed well with 20mm but of cos 25mm will be better. Most dealer offer 16mm, too small imho

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Going to get change aircon for my father's landed property.. .master bedroom... 5m by 4m.. 1st room.. 3.1m by 2.5m and 2nd room..5m by 3m..Rough measurements

The electrician doing the rewiring recommended MIT heavy under 3k and my sister say 28k btu?

Going to coolserve later to check it out.. Any advise. Thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello all,

Going to get change aircon for my father's landed property.. .master bedroom... 5m by 4m.. 1st room.. 3.1m by 2.5m and 2nd room..5m by 3m..Rough measurements

The electrician doing the rewiring recommended MIT heavy under 3k and my sister say 28k btu?

Going to coolserve later to check it out.. Any advise. Thanks

landed house should go for single split for more optimum power and saving at all.

5x4 for 1.5hp and 3x2.5 for 1hp and 5x3 for 1.5hp should be quite sufficient :D

if you got research and reviews should go with ME starmex and not MHI

acidcrash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
landed house should go for single split for more optimum power and saving at all.

5x4 for 1.5hp and 3x2.5 for 1hp and 5x3 for 1.5hp should be quite sufficient :D

if you got research and reviews should go with ME starmex and not MHI

Single split for the 3 rooms? Never thought of that.. Will look into it.. Thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Single split for the 3 rooms? Never thought of that.. Will look into it.. Thanks

Cause i was found it in JB landed house were installed single split for all rooms, ever set to 25 or 26C temp. and slower fan speed or quiet mode can be easily getting cooler than Sg multi split, maybe is due to current limitation :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.