Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

bojangle

Reaction score
I'm having terrible speed now after 2 weeks use of Torguard, initially was still ok and fast connection too.

Now after 2 wks, speed either get lesser or not moving at all for my BT.

on my phone, using China vpn always fail to connect, only once a while get connected. Or either got connected but Public IP still showing existing ip address and take very long to verify. These never happened during the 2 wks.

all these happened after 2 wks use, is it now too many signing up or only the initial 2 wks try to let you enjoy so that you won't ask for refund under their 1 wk money-back guarantee. :s8:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having terrible speed now after 2 weeks use of Torguard, initially was still ok and fast connection too.

Now after 2 wks, speed either get lesser or not moving at all for my BT.

on my phone, using China vpn always fail to connect, only once a while get connected. Or either got connected but Public IP still showing existing ip address and take very long to verify. These never happened during the 2 wks.

all these happened after 2 wks use, is it now too many signing up or only the initial 2 wks try to let you enjoy so that you won't ask for refund under their 1 wk money-back guarantee. :s8:

hmm.. my torrent speeds are constant (not amazingly fast like when not connected to VPN) but it's constant. Maybe you can share what torrent you downloading then i try and see the speed?

I'm interested to see TG vs other vpn in terms of torrent speed.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
Newbie question, apology if its asked before.

1) SH fibre user here, will be signing up a 1 year vpn service for netflix, amoung PIA, torguard, astrill or others, which vpn provides more stable connection with SH?

2) Will be climbing hill for a few eps of the past US drama if netflix doesnt have it, may i say, the vpn that im getting for my SH fibre, will probably be stable as well for hill climbing?

3) Do we need bitcoin to purchase secure vpn services for the anonymity, or just simple paypal payment will do?

oric1

Reaction score
Maybe we can all use this Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop (64-bit) as a test and post our results here. Don't worry, it's perfectly legal to download.

Quote your speed (in MB/s) & VPN provider.

Broadband speed = 200Mbps
Astrill during peak hour = 120Mbps (or 14.5MB/s)

uTorrent_zpsk4jo44wv.png~original

phrozact

Reaction score
For those using TorGuard, which servers are you using for torrents? I'm putting in a ticket for port forwarding but it's done on a server by server basis, so I'd like to know which is generally the better server to open up the port.

bojangle

Reaction score
hmm.. my torrent speeds are constant (not amazingly fast like when not connected to VPN) but it's constant. Maybe you can share what torrent you downloading then i try and see the speed?

I'm interested to see TG vs other vpn in terms of torrent speed.

same here, without vpn the speed is constant.. but behind a vpn the speed varies and can drop as much as 90% compare to without.

will PM you the file link to try.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
search for ubuntu releases. they are legit files to be shared and sources are readily available. they give good references for download speed.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this to me...

When I download from file hosting sites like uploadable.ch or rapidgator directly, the speed (singtel) is quite slow. However once I connect to Astrill's VPN, the download speed from the file hosts can go up to 3 to 5 times faster (esp if I don't use Astrill's SG servers).

Does anyone know why? Usually VPN tends to slow things down a bit right?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When I download from file hosting sites like uploadable.ch or rapidgator directly, the speed (singtel) is quite slow. However once I connect to Astrill's VPN, the download speed from the file hosts can go up to 3 to 5 times faster (esp if I don't use Astrill's SG servers).

it did happen to me also. i suspect singtel is throttling the download speed.

my telco is starhub though. and i was downloading from megaupload.

aloysius_xavier

Reaction score

When you connect via VPN, your data needs to pass through more routes (eg, ISP to VPN provider, VPN provider to destination, destination to VPN, and VPN back to you). If any of these routes are "slow" then your overall speed will be compromised somewhat.

XxlwAteRzlxX

Master Member
Reaction score

It means ur isp is throttling ur speed towards those sites

Sent from Motorola XT1032 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It sucks. I thought singtel says they don't throttle speed. It's common that isps throttle p2p speed (even if they deny it), but I never thought they also do it for normal file transfers. :(

at least you can verify that your encryption is working. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.