Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
HDB 4 Room Resale Layout Advice

Dear fellow forum buddies,

I've chosen the following and will like to seek your advice.

Mit SM Inverter Aircon with

1) MXY-3G28VA or MXY-4G38VA (will need to check which more suitable)
2) 22 swg copper pipe
3) 1/2" Armaflex class "0" insulation
4) 25mm PVC water drainage pipe

My floor plan
3v4dspjsp

Is there anything i should take note of?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

Last edited:

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow forum buddies,

I've chosen the following and will like to seek your advice.

Mit SM Inverter Aircon with

1) MXY-3G28VA or MXY-4G38VA (will need to check which more suitable)
2) 22 swg copper pipe
3) 1/2" Armaflex class "0" insulation
4) 25mm PVC water drainage pipe

Is there anything i should take note of?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

28K btu will be suffice

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
28K btu will be suffice

Hi Gentoro,

Will MXY-3G28VA be sufficient for system 3 assuming 9K fancoils for all 3 rooms (or is there a better fancoil sizing i should take?)

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

lightchaser

Reaction score
hi all,

I will be shifting into a 3 room flat and need to aircon the 2 bedrooms. I know nuts abt aircon so would appreciate advice on which brand and model to buy :) Preferably power saving type.

Dun need a high end model as we will be shifting out in 4-5 years' time due to enbloc. Thanks.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gentoro,

Will MXY-3G28VA be sufficient for system 3 assuming 9K fancoils for all 3 rooms (or is there a better fancoil sizing i should take?)

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

28k btu is suffice for 4 FC.

if cost is not ur concern n comfort is what u care. Get a single system for ur living rm.

Last edited:

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got quoted for

Option Scope of work Amount

To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” 25,590 BTU multi split inverter

M/N: MXY3A28VA/MSYGE10VA x 3 @ 8,530 BTU each

To supply and install the aircon in surface mount and upgrade to G22 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O for indoor gas pipe & Class 1 for outdoor gas pipe, 16 mm pvc pipe and Singapore Keystone cable.

I am unsure on the following:
1) Does MXY3A28VA refer to the compressor while MSYGE10VA refer to FCU?
2) G22 copper pipe not exceeding 15m per FCU, is that sufficient to reach the furthest room?
3) Is class 0 required for outdoor gas pipe?
4) What's a keystone cable?

Despite being quoted for 25,590 BTU & 8530 per FCU, I shall ask if they have a 28K BTU unit & 9K per FCU. And for 20mm drainage pipes. Shall update again when they reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got quoted for

Option Scope of work Amount

To supply and install one set of “Mitsubishi Electric” 25,590 BTU multi split inverter

M/N: MXY3A28VA/MSYGE10VA x 3 @ 8,530 BTU each

To supply and install the aircon in surface mount and upgrade to G22 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to ½ thick Class O for indoor gas pipe & Class 1 for outdoor gas pipe, 16 mm pvc pipe and Singapore Keystone cable.

I am unsure on the following:
1) Does MXY3A28VA refer to the compressor while MSYGE10VA refer to FCU?
2) G22 copper pipe not exceeding 15m per FCU, is that sufficient to reach the furthest room?
3) Is class 0 required for outdoor gas pipe?
4) What's a keystone cable?

Despite being quoted for 25,590 BTU & 8530 per FCU, I shall ask if they have a 28K BTU unit & 9K per FCU. And for 20mm drainage pipes. Shall update again when they reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeremy

1) MXY3A28VA refer to the compressor.
2) 15M per FCU should be sufficient... I had to pay an extra 6M for my sys 3 due to my trunking running into the store room and around my master bedroom as my master bedroom is a merger of 2 rooms into 1..

jeremysv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Went ahead to purchase from GC earlier today.

Got Mit SM Sys 3 - MXY3A28A + 3 x MSYGE10VA @ $3169
Extended to full 5 years warranty @ $99
Upgrade to 22 SWG @ $120
Upgrade to 1/2" Armaflex (Class 1) @ $60
Drainage Pipe 16mm
Covers installation of new and dismantling of existing aircon

Total damage: $3,448.00

Shall share more after my aircon installation.

Hope i get good GC engineers assigned for my aircon installation. :s22:

Cheers,

Jeremy

lightchaser

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am thinking of getting a system 2 Electrolux air con. Model is Esv18crcm-A1. Would comments abt reliability n noise control . Thanks.

taytehni

Reaction score
The gain city people came to install my aircon that day, I did not see them use any vacuum pump, is there any problem with that? I asked the technician he told me not important one and when i asked again he said the compressor wa has pump already. Was I smoked by the technician cause I rly dont know what is the proper installation process.

chongpang

Reaction score
Hi HWZ members, i plan to buy Mitsubishi Starmex but unsure which shop to buy from the shopping malls?

Will you buy from All Best, Best Denki, Best Tech, Courts, Gain City, Giant or NTUC?

Anyone bought from IMM outlet in 2013 or 2014? So far how is the aircon?

From other forums, it seems that most complains were due to installation. Is there any website to check if they use in-house ISO trained staff, and not from unknown 3rd party who installed wrong copper wires or missing parts which leads to leakage and breakdown?

Any recommendation? :s11:

Last edited:

yongjp

Reaction score
Hi HWZ members, i plan to buy Mitsubishi Starmex but unsure which shop to buy from the shopping malls?

Will you buy from All Best, Best Denki, Best Tech, Courts or Gain City?

I saw from other forums saying that the boss from All Best and Best Tech are brothers and the boss from Gain City are cousins, and these 2 have the most complains with CASE but these 2 at IMM are the cheapest.

From other forums, it seems that most complains were due to installation. Is there any website to check if they use in-house ISO trained staff, and not from unknown 3rd party like Best Tech who installed wrong copper wires or missing parts which leads to leakage and breakdown?

Any recommendation? :s11:

Hi. Depends on your installation as well. If it's a standard installation then honestly any will do. Price different by less than $50. If however, you intend to do brand new piping (concealed or otherwise), you may visit Fusion Aircon at AMK. Prices were much cheaper compared to the others.

petetherock

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a Daikin seller / installer who gives a good price for private apartments?
I find that some will change their prices when I tell them it's an apartment.
I need to replace an old Toshiba, and the Mitsubishi won't fit.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone knows the price for a single unit aircon?

Planning to install a single unit aircon for just my own room as the existing aircon is getting old but usually I am the only one using it.

Reaction score
Any recommendations?

Hi Brothers and sister,

I am looking at Mitsubishi Heavy Industry and Mitsubishi Starmex from my new flat.

And feedback regarding these 2 models?

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked
where got sell the 5 ticks models? interested in MXY-3G28VA

LG ASUQ096MMS0
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-3G28VA
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-4G28VA
Mitsubishi Electric MUY-FL10VE
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-4C100VA
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-5C125VA
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-6C140VA
Mitsubishi Electric MXY-2G20VA
Saijo Denki CW1A-09-CCS1

chongpang

Reaction score
Do you mean there is no website to check if a aircon company is using in house well trained installers or third party foreign workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.