The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinhan

Reaction score
33 is really too expensive for a tub of wax.. If it really going to increase, then I might really have to change to another brand.

So what the next best wax??HDF??

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
33 is really too expensive for a tub of wax.. If it really going to increase, then I might really have to change to another brand.

So what the next best wax??HDF??

Lol. Don't know. Mister pomp? Lol
I also quite sian.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway to the 2 smart Alec.
this affects me the most because I am the biggest and by vilain is my sole brand. If prices are like these and I don't get sales.
End of the day I will die out as well. So don't be a smart a$$ and think I would even do such a thing to kill myself.

Now it's not about who is reselling. It's about how ppl will react to the price change and how these events will affect me.
For the other resellers. They have their pomade and HDF.

I feel dumb already by replying you 2 lol

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already feedback with all your concerns to rasmus. Screenshot some of what you all said and send him.

So I am trying. At least I try because I know it's gonna affect me the most. Not even the customers. So Sogata. Save your smart theory OK?

BallGag

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying gx, but what about the wholesalers like mensbazaar, sgpomade, newman, hairyportal, pomade mike or even those budding by vilain entrepreneurs on carousell? who knows how much stock they might be having on hand now... the twins think by manipulating the price, they are able to influnece the pricing of these sellers? also how are they to ensure that their partners are selling at their pricing and omit them if they disobey the pricing? i really dont get the rationale for it.. isit because u send them the suggestion to limit resellers that triggered the increse in price?

This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in awhile, and I've read some dumb posts lately.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

BallGag

Reaction score
Haha that's what I think so too.

The price increase is across the board and not restricted to only Singapore yes? As a principal, I'm sure the people at By Vilain consider their business as a whole before committing to any increase in SRP. Do you really think that gx has this much pull with the principal? Are you that ****ing naive?

BallGag

Reaction score
Already feedback with all your concerns to rasmus. Screenshot some of what you all said and send him.

So I am trying. At least I try because I know it's gonna affect me the most. Not even the customers. So Sogata. Save your smart theory OK?

Have you ever asked them if they would like to work with a single, exclusive distributor in Singapore instead?

Resellers buying their stuff and putting it on Carousel isn't entrepreneurism; it's destructive for the the brand and does nothing to build it in a domestic market.

(I'm not referring to anyone in particular)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you ever asked them if they would like to work with a single, exclusive distributor in Singapore instead?

Resellers buying their stuff and putting it on Carousel isn't entrepreneurism; it's destructive for the the brand and does nothing to build it in a domestic market.

I did everything. They 2 are very stubborn and refused to listen to my ideas. I am the one who told them people are killing their brand here in Singapore. As well as Asia. If not they wouldn't know.

It's hard to communicate with them since English isn't their first language. But I did try. I am not sure if my idea got across to them.

All they want now is to increase their brand value and pennetrate the market again which was done long ago.
Increasing prices across the board now is also a bad move to increase brand value. It only increase people to switch because switching cost isn't high at all. It's easy to switch. This kind of consumables product.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Woah. I really like what you said. It isn't entrepreneurism this way.
After the price implementation, I do hope there are reselling standardisation set in place too.

Sent from from using using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bit hard.
They are saying that they are just increasing the price to 33 because of the EU union vat tax have to be charged so they are setting inline with the prices of what people in Europe will pay for.

But what they don't know is that VAT tax don't apply to us. Anything that leaves their country is tax free.
What we should sell at is the prices that is without tax.
I just replied Emil email. Let's see what they gonna say.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bit hard.
They are saying that they are just increasing the price to 33 because of the EU union vat tax have to be charged so they are setting inline with the prices of what people in Europe will pay for.

But what they don't know is that VAT tax don't apply to us. Anything that leaves their country is tax free.

By right, the products will be charged with GST if one is importing in bulk.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By right, the products will be charged with GST if one is importing in bulk.

Ya by right. I can absorb gst if it happens but they are pushing 25 % on us because they are charged that tax in their own country.
But they don't pay for tax when goods leave their country.

cesc88

Reaction score
I think it's a bit hard.

I don't think they don't know. Anyone who do import/export business know that exports are zero-rated supplies (i.e. tax @ 0%). I guess they just don't want to have the price differential of buying it in Denmark (with VAT) and buying it elsewhere (without VAT). But by charging us the with VAT price when the tax authority doesn't even charge them VAT for it, they are effectively earning 25% more. :(

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think they don't know. Anyone who do import/export business know that exports are zero-rated supplies (i.e. tax @ 0%). I guess they just don't want to have the price differential of buying it in Denmark (with VAT) and buying it elsewhere (without VAT). But by charging us the with VAT price when the tax authority doesn't even charge them VAT for it, they are effectively earning 25% more. :(
This person knows what he is saying man!

I like
:D

Sent from from using using GAGT

nippp0n

Master Member
Reaction score
The price increase is across the board and not restricted to only Singapore yes? As a principal, I'm sure the people at By Vilain consider their business as a whole before committing to any increase in SRP. Do you really think that gx has this much pull with the principal? Are you that ****ing naive?

Anyway to the 2 smart Alec.
this affects me the most because I am the biggest and by vilain is my sole brand. If prices are like these and I don't get sales.
End of the day I will die out as well. So don't be a smart a$$ and think I would even do such a thing to kill myself.

Now it's not about who is reselling. It's about how ppl will react to the price change and how these events will affect me.
For the other resellers. They have their pomade and HDF.

I feel dumb already by replying you 2 lol

Initially, i assumed that the price increase is only applicable in SG and not across board. But thanks to your harsh comments, i get a clearer picture now. Cheers.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can recommend me any good anti-dandruff but for lil oily scalp for ladies to use? helping my gf to ask on behalf..best if it leaves a nice fragrance after use too

You can try zahara n19 nourish shampoo. My girlfriend is also using this and she really likes it a lot. In fact, i brought this product in as a replacement to vogne acidic shampoo, because I prefer this so much more due to the awesome cleansing and the big bonus is the scent. :)

1. Gentle shampoo which is good for moisturizing the hair and scalp. Once the hair is ensured moisture and hydration, the hair can be restored with good health, shine and bounce.
2. Nourish the scalp effectively and this can help to overcome and improve problems such as damaged scalp skin (dry, redness or flaking etc) and provide the required nutrients and moisture for the scalp.
3. Open up the pores in the scalp to ensure a full and thorough deep cleansing of the scalp whereby excess level of oils, dirt and impurities that are secreted, will be effectively removed.
4. Allows one to feel refreshed after usage and can be used as a colour treatment shampoo to lock-in the colour and prevent split ends from forming.
5. From cleansing to hair maintenance, this product is the go-to to allow deep cleansed, adequately moisturized and strong, healthy hair to be achieved.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Exactly. That's what I told them as well. So if i am selling at that VAT included prices. Doesn't make me a cheater as well but if this is how it's going to go down. I guess I have to do something to offset the big difference.

I am still in talks with them regarding about prices and promotions. I just feedback what you all have said to them via email.

Let's see how it goes then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.